Make Griffins & Wyverns Breedable and/Or Saddleable

SgtWookie92

Suggestion

With the advent of tames like the snow owl and mana which can be given high end saddles and bred, we need to buff the older non-saddled dinos to have other counter options and so the meta doesn't stagnate

Making wyverns breedable or a saddle option similar to equus (ride with or without) would mean more effective and varied counters to manas maneuvering

Griffins similarly would be pull out of just being a quick flight tame and become properly effective again

• Answers 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

143 replies to this server topic

Wyverns and Rock Drakes should not be breedable, they are fine the way they are, and the effort is worth the reward.

However, griffins are falling stale in comparison to the owl, and they are not THAT amazing; they're still good tames, but I really don't think breeding would make them overpowered at all. Make them an absolute pain in the ass to breed, but no reason they shouldn't be able to be bred imo.

i like the idea of giving a bit more variety with a wyvern and griffin buff, but on the other hand, there is a reason why they are not breedable. With the wyvern it is quite understandable, why they are not breedable, because once you have a male and a female, you dont need to get them the more difficult way. But a saddle would be a good idea. 

But instead of buffing the Griffin and the Wyvern, nerfing the others would be a better solutions, before people are complaining, that wyverns are too strong and that griffins are too strong, and so on. You know how it is. 

Definitely think griffins should be breedable, as well has having their movement when wild and flying around fixed because that gives me eye cancer to look at from the lag. Also, they should have their pick-up/carry ability increased to as good as the argys or almost as good as it, because right now its pretty horrible, given its size to the other flyers.

Wyverns I think do deserve some kind of buff, not sure if breeding is the answer, but it would be nice. Regarding the Ice Wyvern though, I 100% believe that making Ice Wyverns immune to mana, snow owl, and maybe Ice Titan freeze abilities would be a long needed buff to make them more useful in PVP, because right now they are practically worthless.

Just my 2 cents on the issues

I really don't see why it has to be one way or the other...

To breed, or not to breed... that doesn't have to be the question. 

Why not have it as a server setting? That way official servers and unofficial servers can choose of they want them breedable or not.

I am pretty sure PC has some mods that do something similar, and by adding a server selection to turn breeding on or off, unofficial servers, dedicated servers, and single players on console would have a chance to customize something that PC already has access to.

So if it ends up OP, they can then decide how to work with it. 

It wouldn't effect official necessarily, nor anyone who doesn't want it. 

*as an added difficulty factor, I would suggest that the raising on the creatures be more difficult. Wyverns would still require Milk, Griffins possibly eating only kibble, etc. It shouldn't be an easy process by any means and should take a bit more effort of behalf of the player to raise the creature.

On 4/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

No this would ruin everything balance wise for them if you want them to be breedable just play on some unofficial servers that had a mod that does this

Consoles dont have any mod options besides offical supported ones so not an option for everyone that plays got to remember limitations for every system game is on.. And shouldnt ruin balance if implemented right could be a pve only rule where they can be saddled or bred.

Make griffins breedable

It's not surprise that griffins are pretty week in comparison to the other new dinos that have been released since Abberation, specifically the rock drake and snow owl. Both of the have cool abilities that make them very useful, where as the griffin fly backwards and you can use a weapon while flying. They don't have too much use, which is why I think making them breedable would be a great way to make them useful again

Weve got wyverns now, which is great. Hoping for the griffins now. They still have a niche use on pvp as pve but they are far from being at the top of the food chain which is why they need some love. Breeding and saddles would do exactly that. Then they would have a chance to become majestic alpha predators again and not the slightly better pteranodon.

16 hours ago, Violent4Peace said:

I love this suggestion and correct me if I'm wrong, but at the very least could we not do something along the lines of what the reaper king has? They get a 100 armor bonus rather than a saddle, so add the 30% dmg reduction to that from being fully imprinted and IMO it's much better than what a wyvern or griffin can get. 

Reaper Kings only have the armor buff when not under the effects of charge light, which you can easily get from any of the four charge pets or Plant Z fruit

Wyverns I'm not too sure that's a good idea it would kill any point in taming them beyond the best stats which are non that uncommonly found.

Griffins I could be okay with this one, but I think taming effectiveness should be removed to compensate for the imprinting and merge ability. This way the highest tame to work with is a wild stat 150 not a tamed 221-224 I forget what they come out as and depends on server settings. 

Please please please make griffins breedable!

Seeing as you guys have made griffins breedable on mobile, I think it's only fitting to make them breedable on the other platforms as well. I understand that the Griffin's dive swipe and dive bomb have very high base damage but landing those hits often take time and require proper positioning to get it right. I believe it's safe to say a person would tend to dive bomb or dive swipe once or twice per confrontation, and if they did more they would spend a good deal of time killing whatever it was they were killing. Even then, nerfing those numbers a little bit would be a fine trade for breeding in my opinion, as I'd love to have an imprinted griffin at my disposal, especially since it does not have a saddle to give it armor. Also, think of the griffin babies!

With the implementation of the Snow Owls, it seems the griffin has begun to be overshadowed. With a faster base speed, the same gliding capabilities and very slightly lower base damage, the owl already has somewhat of an advantage, as it also is able to heal itself and allies remarkably quickly. Not to mention, it can wear saddles and benefit from the armor that it provides, and also can be bred! The griffin has only one perk that the snow owl does not(well, two if you count an extra riding seat) and that is it's dive bomb, which is very strong but doomed to be limited as breeding and imprinting cannot improve it further. 

In conclusion, Griffins are amazing and I love them, but theres so much potential that they are not able to reach as they are overshadowed by the snow owl's versatility and the wyvern's damage and health. If they were able to be bred, they could be a strong, deadly mount that is highly coveted by most people. Think about it, and think of all the griffin chick-cubs!

Archived