Kill unclaimed auto breed dinos

KillerdragonX2

Suggestion

On high rate fast breeding servers when tribes forget to turn breeders off it can breed over 5000 in a night and max the tame limit on entire server. Tracking down which tribe has accidentally or purposely done it to lag servers can prove rather difficult to find the culprit. Once this happens players cant tame dinos and will leave and join other servers. As for the players that stay on the server all you will hear is ADMIN fix the lag. If there was any way you could add a command like "admin cheat destroyallunclaimeddinos" it would be benificial to server owners.  

4 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, KillerdragonX2 said:

On high rate fast breeding servers when tribes forget to turn breeders off it can breed over 5000 in a night and max the tame limit on entire server. Tracking down which tribe has accidentally or purposely done it to lag servers can prove rather difficult to find the culprit. Once this happens players cant tame dinos and will leave and join other servers. As for the players that stay on the server all you will hear is ADMIN fix the lag. If there was any way you could add a command like "admin cheat destroyallunclaimeddinos" it would be benificial to server owners.  

just up the baby food drain multiplier to kill of the unclaimed ones faster

On 4/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, OtterlyRidiculous said:

I would highly, highly advise against ever messing with food multipliers on tamed animals. We did once on my old unofficial and ended up wiping the server because by the time we realized there was a problem, half of the server's tamed dinos had been killed by starving on render...do not recommend. The sad part was we were lowering food drain, not increasing it...some settings are super glitched and while maybe it's been fixed, I'm not about to test it lol.

Also I had that breeding thing happen accidentally with microraptors. I feel bad for the admin who had to clean up my mess, but I didn't realize it was even happening because I don't usually play every day. I'd guess the only real solution is to adjust settings to not be quite so fast, or make it against the server rules since it's so easy to avoid; just turn the males off or use an S+ hatchery with increased inventory to collect all the eggs, ideally both.

2 hours ago, OtterlyRidiculous said:

While that could be a temporary fix,its not a good one. Especially to breeders that are active and doing this for colors and stuff on purpose. I agree that it could be an issue so server side options to enable or disable this could be good. Or as suggested a kill all unclaimed option could be a savior to get rid of unwanted unclaimed. It would especially be good for RP servers.

Archived