Adding Totem Poles to claim land

Wyattack15

Suggestion

On many PVE maps, people put down hundreds of pillars to claim land they don’t really need and makes some regions in the map unplayable. I believe by adding Totem Poles to claim set areas of land could fix this, I’ve been thinking about this for a while actually. Each totem piece would claim a 80x80 foundation square space, be highlighted like a dino lease, and the totem pole can be moved anywhere in the space after set area of land is claimed. Each player can only put down three totem pieces, additional spaces would click together like a foundation, and tribemates can stack their totem pieces together. Non-tribemembers can’t claim land with a full 50 foundations away from claimed land to prevent crowding, tribes can only stack totem poles 10 pieces high, and individual totem poles of the same tribe can’t be within 5 spaces of each other (to prevent a variation of pillaring). All structures of all tiers outside claimed land would now have a 24 hour decay timer (whether the owner comes on or not), can be demolished by other players in 18 hours, and when someone claims land that non-tribe structures are in the structures can be immediately demolished. The totem piece/pole itself is indestructible except by the personal owner, has a decay timer of a metal foundation (as do all structures inside claimed area), and can be carved to look like the head of any creature. When someone leaves or is kicked from a tribe their totem pieces too close to ex-tribe land would be destroyed and the land claimed by their totem pieces would be removed from the tribe’s ownership. The remaining grids of land claimed by the tribe would have to be rearranged within a week’s time or any separate plots of land would be lost. This would be a big change to PVE Ark, but possibly a good one.

3 replies to this server topic

This will not change anything sadly. This stuff is all handled server side already by radius settings of structures. If this was implemented properly it would limit build sizes dramatically. The only true way to get rid of the spam and for it to be proper is to have actual official admins to take care of over use of pillar claiming. It has been spilling over into the RP world as of late too and its kinda sad because it looks like crap and is not very immersive and fun to look at.

Not sure on the specifics but something like this would help, provided its a limited number of totem claims per tribe. Just so my front yard doesn't have 200 pillars simply so trolls can't build right next to me

If not can we just go back to single pillars? lol Its just slightly inconvenient to put a pillar then a ladder, but it hasn't stopped anything... just slightly inconvenient

Archived