Fluffalufakis

Teleporters

Suggestion

24 replies to this server topic

9 hours ago, FRM17 said:

The ability for non tribe members to turn on a Tek gen would be nice as well, public gens are expensive if you have to keep them running 24/7.

On lowest setting, 1 element is consumed every 18 hrs but 1 element is consumed every time a gen is turned on so unless noone is using that gen for 19 hours, it'd be more expensive to turn it on every time.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

On lowest setting, 1 element is consumed every 18 hrs but 1 element is consumed every time a gen is turned on so unless noone is using that gen for 19 hours, it'd be more expensive to turn it on every time.

Use shards, only takes one shard to turn on. 1 element=100 shard 

• Like 1

It would be great to disable the option to teleport wild/corrupted dinos.

People use them to trap reapers in their bases and disable a spawn with it during an event. Some teleport wild gigas and rock elementals into/next to other peoples bases on PVE.

Others use them to destroy bases with corrupted gigas on Extinction which happened recently on our server and the GM's won't do anything because pictures and videos of them looting the broken base are not enough evidence.

-> Easy solution: Disable wild dino teleportation

12 hours ago, FRM17 said:

The ability for non tribe members to turn on a Tek gen would be nice as well, public gens are expensive if you have to keep them running 24/7.

this would cause soooooo many trolls! also its not hard to get like 100 element now and keep its up for like 2 months! lol

On 4/30/2019 at 12:04 AM, mgnt232 said:

this would cause soooooo many trolls! also its not hard to get like 100 element now and keep its up for like 2 months! lol

How would it cause trolls? You'd still have your gen in a box/pinned. I suppose if you just leave your structures out in the open like a bob then yeah someone would get the element.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, FRM17 said:

How would it cause trolls? You'd still have your gen in a box/pinned. I suppose if you just leave your structures out in the open like a bob then yeah someone would get the element.

Say you are at you base in highlands, You use a public teleporter to TP to Viking bay to check something. I run up and turn off the TP pad.

Now you are walking back.

Edited by Rattasaur

On 6/14/2019 at 8:27 PM, Rattasaur said:

Say you are at you base in highlands, You use a public teleporter to TP to Viking bay to check something. I run up and turn off the TP pad.

Now you are walking back.

You would just box it in and pincode a door lol. 200IQ

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2019 at 4:59 AM, FRM17 said:

Sure, but what is the point if you are just gonna "Box it in and pincode a door. lol" ?

Ah I see. You may be talking about turning on the pad itself and I'm talking about the generator.

Edited by Rattasaur
Derp

On 6/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, Rattasaur said:

Sure, but what is the point if you are just gonna "Box it in and pincode a door. lol" ?

Ah I see. You may be talking about turning on the pad itself and I'm talking about the generator.

You would give the pin to trusted people when they need it and not to others? How's that hard to understand? It provides a method of having actual public teleporters without running them constantly, because you can just give trusted tribes the pin and they can run it with their own element shards if they need to.

Also you can't turn off the pad, just the generator.

On 7/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, FRM17 said:

You would give the pin to trusted people when they need it and not to others? How's that hard to understand?

Also you can't turn off the pad, just the generator.

Ah.

Apparently your definition and my definition of a public teleporter differ somewhat. Your version sounds more like a private gated community to me rather than public.

That must be why my responses are confusing you.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:17 PM, Rattasaur said:

Ah.

Apparently your definition and my definition of a public teleporter differ somewhat. Your version sounds more like a private gated community to me rather than public.

That must be why my responses are confusing you.

In a completely friendly community you wouldn't need to worry about people turning it off, so I assumed you meant a community where there were a lot of friendly players but also some griefers.