Allow Flyer movement speed levelling

LightningShadow

Suggestion

42 replies to this server topic

On 4/28/2019 at 6:42 AM, ArgentavisMaximus said:

Yes, give servers a choice. PVE is ridiculous with sluggish flyers. Especially when your tribe is small. I love the idea of making it an option to level speed but keeping a realistic cap on it. Don't need those wyverns that cross the map in seconds, as someone said. 

I totally agree with and option, I mean official servers especially pvp will stay nerfed but add adding an option for private servers sounds amazing, I think any cap won't matter much because there will be two setting; the ones that change the rate something upgrades, and there would be one for the cap so... I am still a small player so I still have just pteranodon and argys but I spent all my ptrenadons level up points on stam because it couldn’t go anywhere. Now I can travel half the center map with him but it takes 5 minuets, and I don’t play this game to hold down some keys for 5 minuets. 

54 minutes ago, Rocco2424 said:

I miss my Pteras!! Every bird is garbage in war now, except the Tek Tappe, which you need a boss fight to get, so only the mega tribes have them. The game is really ruined for the beginner, birds were the best way to get on your feet, now a 150 perfect tame ptera can't even make it from herbivore Island back to main land without stamming out!

It's almost like normally obtainable creatures shouldn't be as powerful as they were. It's like saying the Megatherium should have a permanent bug boost because of how strong Gigas are. Are you really surprised the end-game saddle makes a creature good? 

The 150 Ptera thing is so wrong. You've got to be getting the worst stat rolls ever if your Ptera can't make it from Herbi Island to the mainland. 

The nerf was so long ago, just let it rest already. Should I all the sudden call the for a rollback on the original Dino Nerf from the beginning of the game's life?

On 12/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, Jemcrystal said:

Flyer speed reflects on dedication you have to playing.  It is one of the millions of drag-you-downs to slow your progress so you do not fill the server up with giant laggy buidings and pillars.  I agree I want to see something done to flyer speed but not this.  Not as things are currently with the lag on vanilla official multiplayer.

If WC could find a better balance for the server overloads.  Stop freeze framing us with server saves.  Put a restriction on number of constructions a day.  Penalize tribes so they have no advantage over single players.  Then yes plz let us level flying speed again.  

But as things are you will just lag crash on official anyway so no point in it.

On unofficial there are mods already for this if you really want it back so bad go play where you will not lag an official.

Well on console mods don’t exist so there is still a problem, also some people don’t want to go through the trouble of mods, or just don’t know about them.

Flyer speed reflects on dedication you have to playing.  It is one of the millions of drag-you-downs to slow your progress so you do not fill the server up with giant laggy buidings and pillars.  I agree I want to see something done to flyer speed but not this.  Not as things are currently with the lag on vanilla official multiplayer.

If WC could find a better balance for the server overloads.  Stop freeze framing us with server saves.  Put a restriction on number of constructions a day.  Penalize tribes so they have no advantage over single players.  Then yes plz let us level flying speed again.  

But as things are you will just lag crash on official anyway so no point in it.

On unofficial there are mods already for this if you really want it back so bad go play where you will not lag an official.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

I actually saw a wyvern that could travel the distance of The Island map in 11 seconds. You want this to return?

Flying nerf was needed and should remain on official servers.

But it should be made a setting for consoles (single player mode or servers) that don't have access to mods.

I am all about more choices.

We should be able to level movement speed in flyers again. Not to the degree of pre-flyer Nerf because that was ridiculous. It is imperative that the speed is capped at 150% on pteras 200% on argentavis and Wyverns are capped at 130% speed. Flyers have been limited after the Nerf almost two years ago.  

1 hour ago, Chug1 said:

I disagree with this.  Personally feel that movement speed shouldn't be adjustable for dinos or even players.

Guys are you talking PvP or PvE as the reasoning for pro or anti movement speed leveling may depend on the game mode you play, also it's be smart to add if the OP thinks this should be PvP or PvE or PvP&PvE in the first post or tags or prefix to title

On 4/24/2019 at 12:19 AM, NorthernHurdle said:

We should be able to level movement speed in flyers again. Not to the degree of pre-flyer Nerf because that was ridiculous. It is imperative that the speed is capped at 150% on pteras 200% on argentavis and Wyverns are capped at 130% speed. Flyers have been limited after the Nerf almost two years ago.  

1 hour ago, Chug1 said:

I disagree with this.  Personally feel that movement speed shouldn't be adjustable for dinos or even players.

Guys are you talking PvP or PvE as the reasoning for pro or anti movement speed leveling may depend on the game mode you play, also it's be smart to add if the OP thinks this should be PvP or PvE or PvP&PvEin the first post or tags or prefix to title

On 4/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, Lowly said:

Guys are you talking PvP or PvE as the reasoning for pro or anti movement speed leveling may depend on the game mode you play, also it's be smart to add if the OP thinks this should be PvP or PvE or PvP&PvEin the first post or tags or prefix to title

I'm talking PVP.  You should not be able to put points into movement speed for any dinos or humans.  If flyers can't be adjusted, nothing should be.  This would also be a great control for dealing with trolls that dump an obscene amount of points into movement speed.

?I miss my Pteras!! Every bird is garbage in war now, except the Tek Tappe, which you need a boss fight to get, so only the mega tribes have them. The game is really ruined for the beginner, birds were the best way to get on your feet, now a 150 perfect tame ptera can't even make it from herbivore Island back to main land without stamming out!

There are some really easy ways to rebalance fliers that isn't just "no more speed for you." 
1. Make it so that if you run into an obstacle, like the ground or a tree, you fall off, probably with the flier taking some damage, instead of just autocircumventing it which is...immersion breaking say the least.
2. Make it so that fliers can't fly in the rain, or they become slower/use more stamina in the rain.

34 minutes ago, Chug1 said:

I'm talking PVP.  You should not be able to put points into movement speed for any dinos or humans.  If flyers can't be adjusted, nothing should be.  This would also be a great control for dealing with trolls that dump an obscene amount of points into movement speed.

PvP shouldn't have movement speed leveling at all.

Archived