Don't dismount on disconnect

Porr

Suggestion

It would be so nice to not be dismounted if you get disconnected from the server due to a crash or internet problems. Maybe just make it so your dino goes into passive flee mode with you on it for like 10 minutes to give you a chance to log back in without falling to your death and then spending the rest of your night trying to find your bird.

14 replies to this server topic

I completely agree. I wish it would not dismount from server disconnects. I wish the dismounting would differentiate being unconcious due to being offline from having high torpor. I live in an area with no service except AT&T or satellite. My tames and I get killed more often by bad internet and server disconnects than any other dino, player, or survival hazard. I'd like a craftable item to equip to your saddle that causes you to dangle off your mount  if you fall off for any reason due to being passed out, pulled off, or you attempt to dismount without holding down e and selecting dismount to unlatch it. In order to stop it from being abused by PvP, do not allow items to be equipped and force the player to whistle land this flier to get back on, unless of course you're already on the ground. You might land in bad territory, but it's better than dying, having to recover your body, and having your tame hovering outside of spyglass whistle range..

NOt sure how they would code this in... but I would LOVE it if I would still be mounted after a crash.

I lost a 155 fert ice egg (when I had no ice wyverns)  because of a crash, fell to my death when I logged back in. I had it on my hotbar to prevent it from being stolen by ikky birds and/or pegos.

I was in such a panic, I lost a friend, she accused me of being demanding, but I wasnt. I was in a panic, help was urgently needed to find my body, she was the only one online at the time. I could not find my body bag in time, I was in tears. Lost the egg, lost a friend.

Archived