Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Rocketraptor

Suggestion

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

137 replies to this server topic

11 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I just came up with a few ideas. I saw this image online once. It brought up the idea of adding brachiosaurus to the pack, which could walk on the underwater plains sticking its head above the water.

Image result for zdenek burian brachiosaurus

This representation of Brachiosaurus is extremely outdated. It is now know they would have died if they engaged in this kind of behavior. 

It may have been helpful to put the suggestion into actual words rather than just putting the title of the old thread on here.  Sure, those of us who participated in the old thread know what this is about, but anyone else won't.  I'll try to gather up what notes I have and anything else I can remember and put them into a new thread so new folks can actually see what the suggestion is.

Also, it doesn't pay to get mad and rage on the forums guys.  That's not a good way to get your voice heard.  Well, heard maybe, but I think people tend to ignore posts (and as a result, users) like that.  Keep it civil.  It's ok to be frustrated, but don't start calling names.  Reflects bad on you and on the rest of us trying to get this suggestion off the ground.  There's a lot of that in this thread already, which is why I would like to just start a new one for the topic.

EDIT:  Link for my new topic:
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/429492-ocean-map-dlc/

• Administrator

Hey guys, I saw your thread about the disappointment in your old thread being removed along with the rest of the old Suggestions content. The forum is always evolving and we are always making changes to make sure that we can see your suggestions in a clear way, and keep track of them. Unfortunately the old suggestions section just became a pit of old content that was extremely hard to keep track of. So we needed to start from scratch and make the new section a place for us to easily and quickly see the suggestions that mean the most to the community.

A public thread isn't really the best place to create a workspace to store your hard work, as it could be locked, moved or removed at any time.

With that said I'd suggest you guys create a Tribe in the Tribes section of the forum. It will be run by you and will provide you with your very own forum, ability to upload files etc and you can organize it however you wish. The Tribes section will also never be touched, so your content will be safe there.

Also As @BubbaCrawfish has mentioned in this thread it would be best for you to guys to discuss your ideas (maybe in your own tribe section) and then once you've come up with your main ideas, then start a thread in this section and the community can then vote on it if they choose to. That will make it much easier for us to see that it's an idea that the community are interested in and we'll take a look into it.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

plz upvote this thread, also go check out the dicord server if you would like to help develope the map, we have eight people working on it so far, ten would be great but more would be good aswell

Quantity != Quality, and if you are having a skill shortage, then you need to focus your obtaining of members, more than just getting everyone you can, without any real focus.

When I was running my project I had 6 in the start. It worked amazingly. Ended up having a financial backer come in and wanted to add a heap more, and they added 10, all of which couldn't do anything at all, and the project started to get 'lost' as such as the new entrants had more teaching to be done than actual production work.

As I said earlier on, if you haven't got actual production going, you'll want to be looking at that more. You can get too big and make your 'team' unmanageable.

Even seen this more recently witha mod I follow... It's been 'remade' twice now, and the developer is looking for people to do bits for them as they aren't skilled enough, but what happens is USERS join the mod more than actual devs.

Every man and their dog would LOVE to join you, but the reality is, what skills do they actually contribute...

Archived