Rocketraptor

Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Suggestion

137 replies to this server topic

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Posted (edited)

Be sure that that google file is set to be only editable by those who you allow manually (You'll end up with someone going in there and just deleting the contents or filling it up with random junk), and you can remove the steampowered.com/linkfilter off the front of it too.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

11 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Stop freaking out, have you even ASKED THEM if it's gone AT ALL?

And where's "James's account, because I'm pretty sure that Rocketraptor made a second account on your advice by you saying that the thread was a forum... Making multi-accounts is not advisable, even for other individuals if you are at the same address...

I'm just saying this because too many times I see people affected by this simple situation. E.g. husband and wife making accounts, not realizing that rule...

My husband and I have separate forum accounts. In the beginning, we got flagged by their automated script and his account got an automated warning, but Eli was awesome and sorted it out. It helps that my writing style is NOTHING like his--but usually I'm the only one on the forums anyway.

We needed separate accounts for bug reports/meshed dinos/issues. GMs aren't a big fan of Person X putting in a ticket for Person Y, for example (harder to properly document, I suppose.) 

But yes, multiple forum accounts for the SAME INDIVIDUAL is a big no-no.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Caerbannog said:

But yes, multiple forum accounts for the SAME INDIVIDUAL is a big no-no.

The reason why they are so blanket with it, is they cannot be completely sure that someone isn't just skilled and uses 2 accounts with 2 personas... You can't distinguish between users on the same IP, and they cannot be sure that you aren't using the second account to 'sock puppet'.

Even though you got excluded via explanations, it doesn't make it a thing that isn't happening to others. Rocketraptor did make a second account, even though it wasn't from this action by the looks, but they do indeed have a second account.

Unintentionally it may be, but it's better to be sure rather than having a real issue with it later when the account gets deleted, as I have seen in many instances prior.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Would anyone want to play as a mermaid/merman?

There could be factions.

You've got an interesting way of thinking.

This could lead to a wider suggestion to the actual game, where actual species could be a thing to be put into the character selection screen (Someone did suggest work on the char selection earlier, but not on this level).

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You've got an interesting way of thinking.

This could lead to a wider suggestion to the actual game, where actual species could be a thing to be put into the character selection screen (Someone did suggest work on the char selection earlier, but not on this level).

WC still hasn't figured out the strengths and weaknesses part of balance and choices that limit characters.

Mer-people would be limited to being in the water primarily. Maybe some kind of water suit (opposite of scuba).

Land people limited by land.

Boat people more balanced.

Force trading and interdependence.

Now i am not necessarily talking about role playing, more like strategy games or rock-paper-scissors. 

Edited by Aylana314159

11 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

The reason why they are so blanket with it, is they cannot be completely sure that someone isn't just skilled and uses 2 accounts with 2 personas... You can't distinguish between users on the same IP, and they cannot be sure that you aren't using the second account to 'sock puppet'.

Even though you got excluded via explanations, it doesn't make it a thing that isn't happening to others. Rocketraptor did make a second account, even though it wasn't from this action by the looks, but they do indeed have a second account.

Unintentionally it may be, but it's better to be sure rather than having a real issue with it later when the account gets deleted, as I have seen in many instances prior.

Yeah but on the flip side, my hubby getting a warning basically told him that his opinion didn't matter. (I did enjoy the irony that it was HIS account and, not mine. He was less impressed with my teasing.)

That's why they have a review system though so innocent people have a chance to get reviewed if they are falsely flagged. Because if it had been my account that had been warned, that would have been pretty tone-deaf (lul no females opinions lololol on forums) even though though, again, it was an automated script that looks for double accounts.

But I completely understand the dev's justified concern about shadow accounts and sock puppeting. That's partially why I'm usually the only one who posts to the forums and we NEVER comment in each other's post except when our server is down for days and the outage reports do nothing. Even though we are two different humans, it would be pretty shadey for us to bump the other's post.

In conclusion, I want to be really clear: one person should never have two forum accounts. That's BS. 

discord server is becoming very active, remember it is being used to make the map not to post random ideas so if you want to help make the map come on over, i will try and make a discord server for people to come over and post ideas but they need to be legit not just willy nilly ideas, remember to upvote this thread so others and wildcard will see this.