Rocketraptor

Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Suggestion

137 replies to this server topic

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Thing is this is the suggestions for the GAME DEVS... If you guys didn't take your ideas down and put them elsewhere if you were actually making them, then it's not on WC...

when you first come up with ideas for a mod or map you brainstorm ideas, once enough ideas are said you sort them out, then you comb through and use the best ideas that is what we done, and if wild card are real game developers than that is what they would have done with the maps and even ark itself. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's not about 'retarded comments' IT'S ABOUT THE SPAM AND NON-ORGANIZED IDEAS...........

You can't expect someone to WADE THROUGH PAGES OF IDEAS to implement what you're suggesting into the game...

If you guys are doing a project, then that's COOL, and I COMMEND YOU.... You just shouldn't have made THIS your main space to hold your scrum board... You should have had this sitting somewhere SAFE, and ORGANIZED so you ACTUALLY HAD STRUCTURE....

From the cache, you haven't got any structure and it was just becoming a massive mess...

Now back to the work you have underway, have you actually seen any progress, other than people opening and playing around with the dev kit, because I'm sure there'll be some who will be saying they're doing things, when they are actually struggling and having trouble in working the kit....

This then comes back to the idea that you can't expect a single person to pick up a thread with 5 different people throwing out ideas, and know anywhere of where to start....

1. my friend has started making the creatures

2. we where transfering the ideas on this forum to docs, discord and steam, then they did this screwing us over

3. obvously start at page one and read throught

4.again people came to the thread did not read the entire thing to see where we were on ideas and just spammed the thread with useless ideas or repeating the same idea.

5. there was no way for us to delete the spam messages maybe wildcard you should have added that i  instead, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm such a revolutionary idea, and a 14 year old thought of it wow a 14 year old is smarter than you.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Posted (edited)

Like, I'm not meaning to discourage you, or to make out that you guys are dreaming or anything of the sort, I just know I have experience with this sort of situation when running projects in the past.

I've had members of the team who have been saying they're progressing, but when it comes time to bring in their work, they THEN come out and say that they're having trouble. I've seen people who have said they're keen, then find out they're learning on the way, and fumbling their way to a creation, and I have seen people join, say they're doing things, then MYSTERIOUSLY disappear without a trace.

The link I gave before should get you the cache.

For Gmans one I can do the same if they can't do it themselves. Just give me the full title and I'll try link the cache up for them as well.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

I come with an idea and to see ideas to possibly up vote but all I see is drama. I get it that you lost all of your ideas. I lost many of my posts as well. Take this as a lesson to not use a forum for stuff if it has value to you. Beside the fact people can take your ideas for themselves if that matters to you. I would suggest perhaps making a Discord server rather than taking on a project in a forum. Either way,make a back up document.

• Like 1

Guest BubbaCrawfish

@SomesBetter idea is to use a mind map, or something that is deigned to run this sort of thing, not just a text forum.

If you use a mind map then it becomes a lot more structured and can also have names/colors/groups assigned to them.

and as for not using a forum, that's silly... If anything you make your own for your project, then you have total control over it, as this suggestion section, isn't really for collaborating, it's for the game devs to find suggestions that are FEASIBLE...

The reason the section was cleared is because the suggestions snowball into massive projects that no one single person can do, which means that it's highly likely that it won't be done.

This is a common thing with popular games... People put out massive suggestions and pages of them, without thinking about who is going to be doing it.

Maybe with this eventuation, we need a project section, with a brainstorming section in it @Chris 

Posted (edited)

If its something for a project than I would not understand why it would be on a forum. If its a project one is working on than yeah map it and maybe link it but if its suppose to be a mere suggestion I think things need to be toned down. I am a small mod author and posting all of this just seems to walk its own plank. An even better suggestion is to go download the Dev Kit and take on the project ones self. In all fairness,you can not expect them to read a map what seems like an entirely new game on its own. 

Also other people will have similar ideas with smaller posts that you can now upvote. Having a large scale thread is kinda becoming of a glory hog....no offense.

Edited by Somes

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Somes said:

If its something for a project than I would not understand why it would be on a forum.

It's called communication and coordination... Those are the main purposes of a forum in the first instance. While discord is 'good' it's not readily accessible as what it is a browser based forum.

You can't expect to simply download the dev kit, and have 6 people work blind on a project without having any sort of plan or communication between them.

And to top it off, obviously if they're doing this, they've already downloaded the dev kit... "Glory hog" has nothing to do with it, these guys are coordinating, and there is information being shared.

Takes a little more effort to work in a group compared to on your own doing little things. While the suggestion is quite large and widespread, it can be done, it just needs consideration rather than dismissal.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

half of the group is working on the map as ina ctual work, i do not have the dev kit for reasons. however i am working towards getting the devkit. the original forum was filled with idiots just coming and commenting without thinking if it is needed on a large scale base and not just them selves, yes we are cordinating, the forum was for the people to give us ideas sort of like democrascy in a way, we let them decide and then we filter through for the best ideas, and since there were already so little in the ocean we figured it would need more added to it than what is usually added in a new map.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

While you are looking at things, check out xmind. Mind mapping is a very good method of making flow diagrams and showing interactions with other points on the mindmap.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Kodking194 said:

how would i do this mind mapping thing?

Like, just google it...

Mind mapping...

X Mind is a good cross platform client.