Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Rocketraptor

Suggestion

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

137 replies to this server topic

half of the group is working on the map as ina ctual work, i do not have the dev kit for reasons. however i am working towards getting the devkit. the original forum was filled with idiots just coming and commenting without thinking if it is needed on a large scale base and not just them selves, yes we are cordinating, the forum was for the people to give us ideas sort of like democrascy in a way, we let them decide and then we filter through for the best ideas, and since there were already so little in the ocean we figured it would need more added to it than what is usually added in a new map.

If its something for a project than I would not understand why it would be on a forum. If its a project one is working on than yeah map it and maybe link it but if its suppose to be a mere suggestion I think things need to be toned down. I am a small mod author and posting all of this just seems to walk its own plank. An even better suggestion is to go download the Dev Kit and take on the project ones self. In all fairness,you can not expect them to read a map what seems like an entirely new game on its own. 

Also other people will have similar ideas with smaller posts that you can now upvote. Having a large scale thread is kinda becoming of a glory hog....no offense.

These are some ideas i came up with in my own separate post on this forum

The map could have small islands and underwater caves as starting areas (all with building limited to beds, campfires, etc to stop people from making traps or placing turrets). There could be a sunken city, (with a similar style to extinction's city)coral reefs, bioluminescent areas, barren wasteland areas, and maybe a toxic area with pollution that requires a radiation or pollution resistant dive suit and a dino that is either very tanky or is immune to the pollution (similar to reapers and rock drakes in radiation areas on aberration). The main areas (city, biolum, coral reef, etc) would be surrounded by the wasteland areas or just have drop-offs on all sides that either have a kill barrier or non-kill barrier to prevent you from going down. 

Some features and obstacles could include: pressure from swimming too deep (basilosaurus already has this effect), polluted or toxic areas that slowly kill you if you don't have the right gear equipped, extreme hot or extreme cold areas, and maybe underwater currents or cyclones that slow you down or speed you up (depending on which direction you and the current are going).

Some items or gameplay features could include: air skins (like a water skin but with air. Also could have air jars as more of a mid-level between skuba tanks and air skins), salty water jars, canteens, and skins that you have to put in a cooking pot to be able to drink, lower tier vacuum chambers that have a max structure size, rebreathers that makes your oxygen bar go down slower when equipped, handheld torpedo launchers that do massive damage to a single target, hydroelectric power sources, harpoon launchers that work similar to a zipline hook where you shoot a dino then a surface to immobilize the dino for a short period (could use more than one to elongate that time), and a small personal submarine or device that makes you swim faster.

Dinos could include: all current water dinos (and karkinos), diplocaulus, kaprosuchus, sarchosuchus, carbonemys, and maybe a water dragon type dino that must be tamed by immobilizing it using the harpoon gun feature (mentioned before), has a similar design to the water dragon things used in the army in aquaman, and can swim quickly in water, make strong water currents that deal small amounts of damage but either pull or push other dinos, can jump out of the water (similar to manta), and survive and move slowly on land for an extended period of time. 

Archived