Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Rocketraptor

Suggestion

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

137 replies to this server topic

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Be sure that that google file is set to be only editable by those who you allow manually (You'll end up with someone going in there and just deleting the contents or filling it up with random junk), and you can remove the steampowered.com/linkfilter off the front of it too.

11 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

The reason why they are so blanket with it, is they cannot be completely sure that someone isn't just skilled and uses 2 accounts with 2 personas... You can't distinguish between users on the same IP, and they cannot be sure that you aren't using the second account to 'sock puppet'.

Even though you got excluded via explanations, it doesn't make it a thing that isn't happening to others. Rocketraptor did make a second account, even though it wasn't from this action by the looks, but they do indeed have a second account.

Unintentionally it may be, but it's better to be sure rather than having a real issue with it later when the account gets deleted, as I have seen in many instances prior.

Yeah but on the flip side, my hubby getting a warning basically told him that his opinion didn't matter. (I did enjoy the irony that it was HIS account and, not mine. He was less impressed with my teasing.)

That's why they have a review system though so innocent people have a chance to get reviewed if they are falsely flagged. Because if it had been my account that had been warned, that would have been pretty tone-deaf (lul no females opinions lololol on forums) even though though, again, it was an automated script that looks for double accounts.

But I completely understand the dev's justified concern about shadow accounts and sock puppeting. That's partially why I'm usually the only one who posts to the forums and we NEVER comment in each other's post except when our server is down for days and the outage reports do nothing. Even though we are two different humans, it would be pretty shadey for us to bump the other's post.

In conclusion, I want to be really clear: one person should never have two forum accounts. That's BS. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's not about 'retarded comments' IT'S ABOUT THE SPAM AND NON-ORGANIZED IDEAS...........

You can't expect someone to WADE THROUGH PAGES OF IDEAS to implement what you're suggesting into the game...

If you guys are doing a project, then that's COOL, and I COMMEND YOU.... You just shouldn't have made THIS your main space to hold your scrum board... You should have had this sitting somewhere SAFE, and ORGANIZED so you ACTUALLY HAD STRUCTURE....

From the cache, you haven't got any structure and it was just becoming a massive mess...

Now back to the work you have underway, have you actually seen any progress, other than people opening and playing around with the dev kit, because I'm sure there'll be some who will be saying they're doing things, when they are actually struggling and having trouble in working the kit....

This then comes back to the idea that you can't expect a single person to pick up a thread with 5 different people throwing out ideas, and know anywhere of where to start....

1. my friend has started making the creatures

2. we where transfering the ideas on this forum to docs, discord and steam, then they did this screwing us over

3. obvously start at page one and read throught

4.again people came to the thread did not read the entire thing to see where we were on ideas and just spammed the thread with useless ideas or repeating the same idea.

5. there was no way for us to delete the spam messages maybe wildcard you should have added that i  instead, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm such a revolutionary idea, and a 14 year old thought of it wow a 14 year old is smarter than you.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It's more than likely not actually 'gone', it's just you may not be able to see it. Going off the handle though before knowing is a prize way of just being silly...

Are you sure you hadn't just made a forum THREAD, not a new forums, and by telling RocketRaptor to 'go there' and he's made a second account, he's done EXACTLY what you've done?

Your other account is likely deleted for the 'no multi-accounts' rule, which would be a problem for you, but also anyone else who has made another account on your advice...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Like, I'm not meaning to discourage you, or to make out that you guys are dreaming or anything of the sort, I just know I have experience with this sort of situation when running projects in the past.

I've had members of the team who have been saying they're progressing, but when it comes time to bring in their work, they THEN come out and say that they're having trouble. I've seen people who have said they're keen, then find out they're learning on the way, and fumbling their way to a creation, and I have seen people join, say they're doing things, then MYSTERIOUSLY disappear without a trace.

The link I gave before should get you the cache.

For Gmans one I can do the same if they can't do it themselves. Just give me the full title and I'll try link the cache up for them as well.

• Administrator

Guys, this is turning into another "Project chat thread", not a Suggestion thread that users can easily vote on and we can clearly decipher. As mentioned before I recommend you start your own Tribe in the Tribes section of the forum where you can discuss your project as much as you want. 

I'll be locking this thread in a few days.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
3 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i just dont get adding something that would actually be bigger than a bronto on a map this small on land

Would it be on land, isn't the picture provided showing it in water?

1.npc like islanders or atlanteans

2.more biomes like oil fields, coral reefs, open ocean, kelp forest, deepsee caves with creatures like glowing shoulder pets from aberration. And the dacosaurus trench,also the tidal flats

3. Whirlpools, hurricanes, underwater volcanic eruptions ,and changing tides in the tidal flats.

4. Resources cork wood , bamboo, coral smelted down into coral ingots, algae patches = w bush, kelp, aquatic fruits and veggies, hydrogen=congealed gas ball,

5.food items:coral polyps 10%of the time when mining coral basically some time of special taming food, sushi instead of normal foods, calamari, blubber= prime meat new types of eggs and kibble

6.crafting stations: sushi table super refinery,blender and tech bench.

7. Items: primitive flippers ,diving pump , blowgun, uses long darts, thermal pump. Sea carrier large submarine for transporting goods, bamboo structures just like wood,stone,etc sea vacuum, tranq rpg, squid grenade, moonpool , parts of the atlantean sets or islanders set.

8.creaturs: giant seahorse, helicorpion ,drowned creatures basically creatures that are corrupted from some type of item in the water, atlantean varieties of aquatic creatures, archelon, dragon fish , viperfish, giant crab = scorpion, salamander=diplocaulus, bacculite, ammonite, xphicantus, kronosaurus

9. Currency , using the blender you can blend blubber down into oil , maybe there could even be weapons and armour made of coral

P.s. I can explain different items at if asked about them

Archived