Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Rocketraptor

Suggestion

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

137 replies to this server topic

6 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

You've got an interesting way of thinking.

This could lead to a wider suggestion to the actual game, where actual species could be a thing to be put into the character selection screen (Someone did suggest work on the char selection earlier, but not on this level).

WC still hasn't figured out the strengths and weaknesses part of balance and choices that limit characters.

Mer-people would be limited to being in the water primarily. Maybe some kind of water suit (opposite of scuba).

Land people limited by land.

Boat people more balanced.

Force trading and interdependence.

Now i am not necessarily talking about role playing, more like strategy games or rock-paper-scissors. 

• Administrator

Hey guys, I saw your thread about the disappointment in your old thread being removed along with the rest of the old Suggestions content. The forum is always evolving and we are always making changes to make sure that we can see your suggestions in a clear way, and keep track of them. Unfortunately the old suggestions section just became a pit of old content that was extremely hard to keep track of. So we needed to start from scratch and make the new section a place for us to easily and quickly see the suggestions that mean the most to the community.

A public thread isn't really the best place to create a workspace to store your hard work, as it could be locked, moved or removed at any time.

With that said I'd suggest you guys create a Tribe in the Tribes section of the forum. It will be run by you and will provide you with your very own forum, ability to upload files etc and you can organize it however you wish. The Tribes section will also never be touched, so your content will be safe there.

Also As @BubbaCrawfish has mentioned in this thread it would be best for you to guys to discuss your ideas (maybe in your own tribe section) and then once you've come up with your main ideas, then start a thread in this section and the community can then vote on it if they choose to. That will make it much easier for us to see that it's an idea that the community are interested in and we'll take a look into it.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, GmanPlaysGames said:

wait so did the massive thread about the ocean DLC that I originally started just up and vanish? I can't find it either and I was the OP for that thread

That would've been seperate. You'll need to find the search for it as I have with the other...

@Kodking194 Here's the link if you can access it... It's horribly unformated because it's not using the forums stylesheets, but there's the content in there. https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:z1iLvOR9b-sJ:https://survivetheark.com/index.php%3F/forums/topic/418227-ideas-for-oceanic-map-related-to-new-dlc-suggestions-oceanic/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

The whole thread was a mess, and it's PRECISELY what the devs don't want again... You need to actually AMALGAMATE it, and make them READABLE and EASILY STRUCTURED.... Not just throw in idea after idea, asking peopel to do things and make other suggestions and all that.

half of the team were alreasy working on the map and my friend was working on the creatures and they deleted our biggest source of ideas, us long term mebers of the thread were not coming up with most of the new ideas it was people to lazy and stupid to read the entire thread just posting either useless idea or alreasdy mentioned ideas, all those hge posts were confirmed ideas and we were getting somewhere, wild card cant say that when ever they were making ab or ext they did not have a crap load of ideas, that is just terrible thinking.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

plz upvote this thread, also go check out the dicord server if you would like to help develope the map, we have eight people working on it so far, ten would be great but more would be good aswell

Quantity != Quality, and if you are having a skill shortage, then you need to focus your obtaining of members, more than just getting everyone you can, without any real focus.

When I was running my project I had 6 in the start. It worked amazingly. Ended up having a financial backer come in and wanted to add a heap more, and they added 10, all of which couldn't do anything at all, and the project started to get 'lost' as such as the new entrants had more teaching to be done than actual production work.

As I said earlier on, if you haven't got actual production going, you'll want to be looking at that more. You can get too big and make your 'team' unmanageable.

Even seen this more recently witha mod I follow... It's been 'remade' twice now, and the developer is looking for people to do bits for them as they aren't skilled enough, but what happens is USERS join the mod more than actual devs.

Every man and their dog would LOVE to join you, but the reality is, what skills do they actually contribute...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Thing is this is the suggestions for the GAME DEVS... If you guys didn't take your ideas down and put them elsewhere if you were actually making them, then it's not on WC...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 hour ago, Somes said:

If its something for a project than I would not understand why it would be on a forum.

It's called communication and coordination... Those are the main purposes of a forum in the first instance. While discord is 'good' it's not readily accessible as what it is a browser based forum.

You can't expect to simply download the dev kit, and have 6 people work blind on a project without having any sort of plan or communication between them.

And to top it off, obviously if they're doing this, they've already downloaded the dev kit... "Glory hog" has nothing to do with it, these guys are coordinating, and there is information being shared.

Takes a little more effort to work in a group compared to on your own doing little things. While the suggestion is quite large and widespread, it can be done, it just needs consideration rather than dismissal.

Archived