Oceania ideas and brainstorm

Rocketraptor

Suggestion

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

137 replies to this server topic

11 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Stop freaking out, have you even ASKED THEM if it's gone AT ALL?

And where's "James's account, because I'm pretty sure that Rocketraptor made a second account on your advice by you saying that the thread was a forum... Making multi-accounts is not advisable, even for other individuals if you are at the same address...

I'm just saying this because too many times I see people affected by this simple situation. E.g. husband and wife making accounts, not realizing that rule...

My husband and I have separate forum accounts. In the beginning, we got flagged by their automated script and his account got an automated warning, but Eli was awesome and sorted it out. It helps that my writing style is NOTHING like his--but usually I'm the only one on the forums anyway.

We needed separate accounts for bug reports/meshed dinos/issues. GMs aren't a big fan of Person X putting in a ticket for Person Y, for example (harder to properly document, I suppose.) 

But yes, multiple forum accounts for the SAME INDIVIDUAL is a big no-no.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
Just now, Kodking194 said:

it said this does not exist.

I SAID GOOGLE IT.......... Use the quotes, you'll see the search result, to the right is a drop down, and in there is View cached version...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Caerbannog said:

But yes, multiple forum accounts for the SAME INDIVIDUAL is a big no-no.

The reason why they are so blanket with it, is they cannot be completely sure that someone isn't just skilled and uses 2 accounts with 2 personas... You can't distinguish between users on the same IP, and they cannot be sure that you aren't using the second account to 'sock puppet'.

Even though you got excluded via explanations, it doesn't make it a thing that isn't happening to others. Rocketraptor did make a second account, even though it wasn't from this action by the looks, but they do indeed have a second account.

Unintentionally it may be, but it's better to be sure rather than having a real issue with it later when the account gets deleted, as I have seen in many instances prior.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

i did google it but i will retry

Just keep an eye out to the right, in the cached version... I don't think I can link directly to the cached version, but from what I see it was a lot of people bouncing ideas, throwing out additions, making a heck of a lot of what the devs don't want in this new section.

11 hours ago, jamescoolcrafter15 said:

I just came up with a few ideas. I saw this image online once. It brought up the idea of adding brachiosaurus to the pack, which could walk on the underwater plains sticking its head above the water.

Image result for zdenek burian brachiosaurus

This representation of Brachiosaurus is extremely outdated. It is now know they would have died if they engaged in this kind of behavior. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish
1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Would anyone want to play as a mermaid/merman?

There could be factions.

You've got an interesting way of thinking.

This could lead to a wider suggestion to the actual game, where actual species could be a thing to be put into the character selection screen (Someone did suggest work on the char selection earlier, but not on this level).

I am really pissed at wildcard, lets get started.

locations

1. sunken tek city (location of kraken's arena)

2. ship/whale grave yard (location of the king whales arena)

3. deep abyss/dako trench

4. underwater mountain (sea drake home)

5. toxic sea (location of Leviathan's arena)

6. giant coral dome (inside toxic sea) (water wyverns nest)

7. refuge island

8. underwater element lake (location of giant electric ray's arena)

9. underwater volcnoe ( water wyvern nest)

10. cave system (mainly underneath refuge island)

11. coral reef

12. underwater seagrass plains

13. underwater forest

14. kelp forest

15. mangrove forest

16. swamp

17. giant iceberg

18. sand bars

anything i forget just post up for locations.

they owe it to us to at least give us back the content on there. months of work gone cause wild card doesnot like people thinking of ideas for an ocean map. i bet ya they did not even read throught the thread just got rid of it as they never look into things they just act act act never thinking. they never stoped to wonder if hey maybe theese peole put real dedication into this forum and we should not remove it. nope they just got rid of it.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

what was on their they did not like

It's not the liking,. it's the sheer amount of ideas that you have... You flood so badly, and make so many suggestions that no-one in their right mind would take on such a task as it is such a hefty job....

If you've ACTUALLY got 6 people WORKING.... Not just saying they will, but ACTUALLY doing dev kit work, and making things, then cool.... But when you suggest something like this, in a section of this forum, it's not a team that are looking at it... It'll be one person, going 'Hey, that would be cool' and they'll try make a BASIS of what it is....

If you simply throw out ideas and spam the thread, it makes people NOT want to undertake it as the goalposts will always move, more things will get added, and overall the dev who takes it on, will NEVER be able to finish it...

Just think about those who will take this sort of thing on, and what Chris said elsewhere...

Guest BubbaCrawfish

STOP SPAMMING THE THREAD WITH REPLIES.....  EDIT YOUR POSTS.....

"so i made this forum for all people to give ideas for an oceanic map as me and my friend and possibly a few others are working on it and the creatures hoping wild card may notice it and add it into ark itself as it is a must have map. herw r the ideas i can remember off the top of my head.

.almost all water 90ish%

.under water caves as spawn areas with moon pool like places that lead to the ocean

. water based wyverns and drakes

. the wyvern trench would be an under water volcanoe surrounded by a circular trench with hexagonal colums, volcanic vents at the bottom that release toxic chemicals into the water so you must wear scuba gear.

. a ship grave yard where the levithin boss would spawn like in extinction. 

. oxygen pets that would supply oxygen to u

. new sea relate ditems like new boats, bigger rafts, diving bells, primitive diving gear hide based, new materials to replace others e.g wood, thatch, berries will be replaced with drift wood, bammboo or kelp, sea berries

. plant species w, a plant that allows you to breathe under water like gilly weed (harry potter and the goblet of fire)

. new creatures like the hippocampus and others

. element rocks like the oil nodes, leak element, can place tek element pumps to harvest them. giant clams that can bee collected for keratin and black pearls

and much more so for those who have been to the other forum please restate your ideas and new ones on this forum as me and my friend will be looking here for ideas and on the other forum but mainly here. new people r welcome to add ideas and art for the map creatures and even new ways to gather resources."

@jamescoolcrafter15 These guys want you back in contact if you aren't already...

"Platyhystrix creature should be an early one you guys work on, as it is easy to get done.

Also add the center style underwater bubbles.

Coral will be found in Coral reefs, with a few tropical islands also in these reefs."

Archived