Implement Prim+ Items to Regular Ark

VaultMan

Suggestion

Continue Prim+ as normal, but Add some of the great things from Prim+ to Regular Ark. Like the building materials, equipment, and maybe even let us have the option to build the primitive industrial stuff. The mod has so many great things to make ark more than just survival, (not that that’s not enough) I think we’re long overdue for new items. Including new foods, recipes, drinks,  materials, and all sorts of crazy things that regular ark should have.

1FF492BC-A169-4613-B704-5D9B1700EB7A.png

AF10FABB-E898-40D1-9804-48A956A94E96.png

B19B539E-8757-4A1B-914B-DBB67D6527CC.png

F00EBBE1-C880-4379-8E0E-5CF63014BCD5.png

2A433972-31BC-4C62-BDFD-D5012BAED956.jpeg

Edited by VaultMan
  • Like 11

67 replies to this server topic

On 6/22/2019 at 10:16 PM, buildahs88 said:

My spouse and I both play this, and we talk about it all the time. We would even be glad to pay for new building materials, new furniture, more plants, more craftable consumables like foods and medicines...

We play on PS4, but I gotta say those plain glass walls in the mods look schweeeeeeeeet! Those would be nice. The ones that don’t have metal splitting them into quadrants? 

Spekaing of things we see in the mods, maybe expanding the underwater building capabilities would enable us to really immerse ourselves in these fantastic ocean biomes you’ve built for us but are largely forgotten and often, as I’ve noticed anyway from others, complained about. Underwater bases, yo...that’s some bamf stuff right there.

As a note, thanks a bunch for this flexible pipe in the last major update. Know what would be awesome? If we could have some sort of structures that could be filled with water. Idk...maybe have it only fill with water if there’s a certain attachment to irrigation piping. I mean, we can move water, we just can’t make it show up. That would take building in this game from the best we’ve yet seen to the best any may ever see. 

Ive got a trove of good news for you my friend lol
1)those glass walls with the quadrants are the same walls without them, you can select the models(1 side, 2 side, corner, 3 sides), and the transparency of each wall, so you can make only vertical lines of metal, or no lines, or do nothing and its quadrants.
2)building underwater. Outside of primitive, you can live in vacuum chambers all day, quite effective when used right. In primitive, Dont forget about the diplocaulus.(little newt guy that you ride and he gives you oxygen). That with a chowder will make staying underwater a while doable, especially with a small fleet of diplos following and a flank of sharks or something to protect you while youre below. Now, you cant live underwater like this, but you can absolutely keep a relatively hard to raid base down there, with a safe storage box for your diplos near, or if youre on island and snag one of the little caves, thats ideal perhaps)
3)Is there not a water reservoir in primitive+?  its been a minute since ive been on but that sounds like what you are looking for. You COULD also tame some morellotops(ragnarok and scorched earth maps), and those guys can hold water for you like mobile tanks. 

Ced(and I dont mean to call him out, hes doing great things with the community) DID say that Prim+ was initially made a Total Conversion for constest purposes as opposed to neccesity. It was a rather clever strategy(backed with legitimately great work)...
Now, I do NOT know and wont pretend to know but I will guess that everything from Prim+ asset-wise, resource changes, all changes... could be placed into a mod and work not only well, but much better in that it wouldnt need to keep up its own seperate timeline of development AND would be much more versatile, much faster loading, etc. Anyone that knows otherwise feel free to correct me.
  Currently(and sadly), Nobody on unofficial will play the mode because its loadtime from being a TC. If it were just a mod like everything else then it would have a life on there as well, where admins can pick and choose which of the new dinos or items or engrams stay or go, its no longer the burden for the developer to bear alone there(except on official, but if they put up new PRIM+ servers with it being a mod instead of a TC and they just spent a couple hours refining their .ini settings itll be out the door with a bang, better than its ever been across the board-drops would work, new dinos would be there except for selected ones that arent appropriate like extinctions velos, manas, meks, etc.)
That would be some massive content/playabillity/value added, a "revamp" of this loved mode for all systems, and all with relatively less extensive work than itd take doing that from the ground up(since its already been done, just has to be ported, theoretically). So everybody wins, yeah?

Oh my goodness! I was just thinking about this today. If we could just incorporate the building structures from Primitive plus, it would make so many people happy.  

My favorite mod besides Structures + and CKF is OzoCraft.  I wish we could have those structures even more.  The guy that did that mod really knew what he was doing. It works so nicely in Ark.  He put in the pieces that we are missing for building more detailed builds and the textures are just gorgeous!

The bottom line is that we need more building structures in the base game.  I would much rather have new structures than new creatures any old day of the year! 

I've been thinking they should do that since I started prim+ I love the original game, but prim+ ands a layer of depth that the vanilla version just doesn't even get close to. I feel that every thing that was added to prim should be added to the regular, it's cool to have different stuff to gather and multiple uses for resources and ways to alter resources to make new resources. Had a big base and have done everything that prim+ offers and it even takes away the boredom, when you build to a certain point things get dull but prim+ always gives you something to do. Also love the plants you can grow, I enjoy smoking a cig, eating cashews and drinking cashew milk. Adds a way to personalize your diet instead of the classic veggies... I also like the look of brick and lumber way more than stone or metal

Not only should they bring items from Prim+  but the mobile, i honest just look at the items they have, and i dont see why they cant be in the main game! like all the animal rugs for one (have the knife to skin the animal) anything else you just get hide and meat, pots...oh the pots, and the crop beds, they have a round one!! based on the consoles and PC vision we get metal cant we get the statues as well.... so many items out there and i feel the consoles dont get enough, (at least the PC visions they can download mods with extra bits) surely it couldnt be that hard to add extra items to the game.  

I know Prim+ is Ceds baby but this is a good idea. Prim would get more love than it does now, those who love that mod might see more updates and fixes for it and the reg version would get some much enjoyed items,building materials and foods adding another level of gameplay to the reg version. The community would prob love to see more indoor and oitdoor deco for their buildings...the rp community definitely would. Ced we love your mod but it could benefit all those who havent tried it if the items and things were brought over to reg ark...show them how great it is. =]

On 4/24/2019 at 3:00 PM, Cedric said:

?

Please make this happen. 

Please please please please.

TBH putting everything from P+ into the standard game would end any debate on what the best survivor game is, ARK would win easily.

I'd love nothing more to have all those crops...

• Like 1

Yes, I am glad there are others who see the potential in this idea! I feel like the reason why P+ keeps breaking is because Ced and WC want to keep any and all Tek out of it. But That's besides the point. The point is, you can spawn in and use tek on private P+ servers, and alot of it works fine, including cryopods, Transmitters, teleporters, etc. But you can't spawn in awesome things like the cooking station, cauldron, smokehouses, Etc. Frankly, I'd love to be able to craft a yurt in vanilla because they rock when it comes to taming bees. Which means some resources like beeswax and I think leather would need to become a thing. If i could program those into supply drops, I suppose that would work, but it would be nice if you could harvest the beeswax yourself, even the tanning station would be nice. I'd really like to see P+ as a whole just merged into the main game as well. Yes, this might cause some to lose bases/houses they've spent countless hours creating and that would really suck. I know how that feels as much as anybody. But adding P+ structures, tools and resources in to vanilla would work out for the better.

Let's face it, there is only one cluster for P+ PVE on PS4, thought you can't really call it PVE with individuals like veti and tribes like house 336. I once saw house 336 kite a poison wyv way out to the west coast on the Ragnarok map JUST to grief someone who hadn't done anything to them. Killed a few of their tames, too. And this veti person, who uses a second character to grief, put up offensive signage and made a pretty screwy folder in green obi. When asked why they couldn't just go to PVP servers instead, the question would be dodged. They behave like true PVE noobs, as in they don't know how to behave on a PVE server, which in principal is different from PVP. It just seems time to get rid of P+ official servers on PS4. Merging P+ into the main game could fix that issue, because many of us who once enjoyed P+ official servers might once again have some choice in numerous true pve clusters instead of having the one choice of PVP or PVEVP. There are alot who left p+ official for the better world of private servers, because there we actually can and will enforce fair gameplay.

In summation, please consider this. Primitive + is great, but could be a whole lot better if much if not all parts of it were functional in the standard game as well.

Keep up the good work guys! Genesis is outstanding :)

1 hour ago, Amerikanovich said:

Any news on this?

The base game is seriously in need of some more fleshed out content, the level-ladder has major dry spots on the way up.

Why is there nothing between an old rusty pot hanging on sticks and a huge industrial cooking machine?

Can't I just have a stove?

Agreed. I have said it in on many different occasions. Many of which are throughout this thread. 

I hope we hear something someday.

• Like 1

Goodness, I just re-read this thread for the fun of it, it is a thought and idea that I get can get behind 100%. And good heavens, I am all over it in here. ?

That doesn't change much though. I still think it is a game mode that should be included. For all the reasons previously mentioned and all those that may come. 

Here are a few listed previously and some that may be new;

• Easier Updates; one less mode to worry about updating when doing so = less breaking of forgotten game mode. 
  • Improvements to Early Game; more options and items to work with 
  • Item progression; Primitive Industrial to Modern Industrial; Other Mortar and Pestle forms before the Chem bench; 
  • More building items to the main game including actual building tiers
  • Better lighting options. 
  • Early game items specific storage prior to tek dedicated storage
  • More Recipes, gardening, and cooking
  • Mutton comparative for herbivores (plants)
  • Additional tool/weapon options for harvest and character personalization
  • Item use alternatives.
  • Map access. (currently Primitive Plus has not been updated to all the later maps so not all of the items are available for use nor are all creatures feasibly tameable without access to the saddles)
  • Those who choose to play Primitive and select checkbox to build such a server could still do so if the checkbox scenario early described on this post was implemented. 
  • Those who choose to play Primitive could start participating in events again if the mode was built into the main game. 
  • More decorative and realistic looking items to work with. 

And I am sure there are more, and I would love to hear them if it will keep this post active. ?

All the more reason for separating PVE and PVP, I don't think the pvp people want this kind of thing implemented coz they're probably busy with something else :D , but cmiiw

The last time I tried this, the loading was too long for me, but that was long before using ssd. havent tried it again since, been years.

Edited by DonaldDuck

Not sure if this has been request before. As much as im looking forward to the latest TLC3 updates with all the extras - i would still like a bit more on the building side. For me i would like all the lumber items in to the main game, more so the lumber and glass walls, will just look so much nicer than the green house walls. also the hanging lights, as the stage before tech lights. Bread (flour) at least needs to be brought in to the game, cant live of berries at meat all the time. hunting knife (stone and metal) best way to get hide. smoke house as an upgrade. and last then decorative items such a barrels of gun power/salt etc. or storage based on items. 1 makes easier rafter than having 20 plus large storage's box, each labeled up. when set items that only hold what they are meant to wood lumber can look the same as well as fiber and thatch. Stone, flint, gold and obsidian again can look the same in design just change the colour. 

Hello,

There are two posts on this subject you may want to look into;

One was suggestion made when the forum was reformatted and the other a weigh-in discussion regarding some options. Unfortunately while the interest has been there for both, nothing has been really addressed with either. 

If you would like to add your voice to the idea however, these are the two you may want to look at. 

*Personally I am of the frame of mind that the items should be added with some minor stipulations as to some menu set up options. More info on that is listed on the two posts. 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

WC,

at this point your just being stupid, how long has the community wanted this?

They are already limited in what they can add at this point. They have to remove existing features (e.g. ActiveEvent) in order to squeeze new content so no matter how hard the "community" wants something, it is unlikely to happens if it involves ton of assets that needs to be loaded by default. It works fine as a standalone mod, because a lot of stuff is removed in favor of those primitive items and structures.