Implement Prim+ Items to Regular Ark

VaultMan

Suggestion

Continue Prim+ as normal, but Add some of the great things from Prim+ to Regular Ark. Like the building materials, equipment, and maybe even let us have the option to build the primitive industrial stuff. The mod has so many great things to make ark more than just survival, (not that that’s not enough) I think we’re long overdue for new items. Including new foods, recipes, drinks,  materials, and all sorts of crazy things that regular ark should have.

1FF492BC-A169-4613-B704-5D9B1700EB7A.png

AF10FABB-E898-40D1-9804-48A956A94E96.png

B19B539E-8757-4A1B-914B-DBB67D6527CC.png

F00EBBE1-C880-4379-8E0E-5CF63014BCD5.png

2A433972-31BC-4C62-BDFD-D5012BAED956.jpeg

Edited by VaultMan
  • Like 11

67 replies to this server topic

14 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

If I remember correctly, one of the suggestions on the weigh in thread is to incorporate the primitive plus items into standard game play. This move would hopefully allow for the updating to be a bit smoother as the coding would line up a bit better.

On top of that it was suggested that when setting up a server, or single player game, that a checkbox be available that could turn on a primitive mode that would essentially hide all none primitive engrams when selected. So those who prefer to play in the primitive mode could continue to do so. 

Personally, I am all for it. I know there would be a lot changed in the process, but if it could be done with minimal loss to current primitive plus players, I think it would be an excellent move forward. ?

Absolutely; I know it was mentioned. But it is a golden idea, and as you said. It would help Prim+ get some quick fixes if these things made it in to the base game. Which would help everyone. Ark is a fantastic game. But sometimes you just want to do more, and with Lumber, Brick, and reinforced glass and such, it could be that much better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am in complete agreement. Integrating Prim+ into the main game should make it easier on the developers, give access to the Prim+ items and hopefully help with different map (games) braking. I know that some Prim+ players want to be "purists", and i get that. But, if implemented correctly Prim+ players could still play the way they want and Items could be added to other maps. Win win.  We all paid for the game/maps and this would be a great implementation if done.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 12:21 AM, VaultMan said:

I think we’re long overdue for new items. Including new foods, recipes, drinks,  materials, and all sorts of crazy things that regular ark should have.

THIS. I fully support this, but the highlighted parts of this sentence in particular (emphasis mine).

I think this is a great opportunity to add layers to early and middle stages. The idea that I could CHOOSE my tech tree progression instead of just following the usual thatch->wood->stone->metal (and tek for those who want to fight bosses), using the materials & Engram points to follow different "branches" is awesome. Out of the 3 DLC, we had a new building tier only once (adobe, in SE), and it vastly depends on what map you're on. Meanwhile Prim+ is right there for the taking, with mats that, I'm assuming, can be collected/crafted easily without tweaks to maps, and offers the equivalent of DLC building tier that we didn't get through Aberration & Extinction (and that the Homestead update only did halfway). Not to mention, being able to combine all the building tiers to design unique bases would be so exciting ! Happy building, happy RPing, more variety in farming... for a lot of players like me, this could feel like an actual DLC, exciting and with new game mechanics to explore.
I love all of what this suggests & implies. I cannot overstate how enthusiastic this makes me.

images.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, westsyde said:

If I'm not mistaken, can't we control the engrams that are available on every server? Instead of prim plus being an entirely separate game mode why can't there be servers that just have limited engrams to keep the prim plus game style?

Exactly. ?

There is already a way to hide access of certain engrams on a server, so I do not see why the same couldn't be done for none-primitive engrams should a server wish to continue using the Primitive Plus gameplay. 

The discussion on the weigh in touched on it a bit, and based on what I read there, I think the best method would be to add a new "Server Setting" area that focuses directly on engrams. 

There you could either pick and choose which ones you wanted to hide, or check a box that would allow for them certain sets to be hidden or available. 

For example: These are assuming that all primitive plus engrams and resources were added to standard gameplay. 

•  Hide non-primitive plus engrams - this would allow for players to play using only the primitive plus engrams.
  •  Hide all tek engrams - this would allow for players to play using all engrams excluding tek, as some prefer.
  •  Hide all saddle engrams - this would hide saddles for those who prefer to play without tames. It would clean up their engram screens to show only those they can use during gameplay
  •  Hide all selected engrams - under this menu, every engram would be listed so the host may select individual which they would like to hide. 

On another note, should any additional items from other mod sets be added officially to the game, those items too could be turned on or off by checking a box, as prefered by the host.

It would allow for a bit more customization for those that do not have access to mods (console players), keep the coding streamlined through one game (hiding engrams shouldn't break the game or be as complicated as adjusting to multiple sets of code as it is between the primitive plus and standard gameplay) , and it would open things up to possible customization later as well (assuming of course the eventually add additional mod content that some may want while others do not). 

Edited by SapphireSam7
adjustments to verbiage
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really hope this idea gets traction.  I really love this game mode but on PC the load times and the issues that come up almost every major update are super frustrating. 

At least if prim+ were integrated into regular Ark, private server admins could do a custom game.ini with only primitive appropriate engrams and not have the super long load times with it as a total conversion.  Hopefully prim+ specific resources could be integrated as well.  

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, one of the suggestions on the weigh in thread is to incorporate the primitive plus items into standard game play. This move would hopefully allow for the updating to be a bit smoother as the coding would line up a bit better.

On top of that it was suggested that when setting up a server, or single player game, that a checkbox be available that could turn on a primitive mode that would essentially hide all none primitive engrams when selected. So those who prefer to play in the primitive mode could continue to do so. 

Personally, I am all for it. I know there would be a lot changed in the process, but if it could be done with minimal loss to current primitive plus players, I think it would be an excellent move forward. ?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, myrgan said:

I really hope this idea gets traction.  I really love this game mode but on PC the load times and the issues that come up almost every major update are super frustrating. 

At least if prim+ were integrated into regular Ark, private server admins could do a custom game.ini with only primitive appropriate engrams and not have the super long load times with it as a total conversion.  Hopefully prim+ specific resources could be integrated as well.  

My thoughts exactly. I pay to rent a server, and it’s not “role play” but we do have shops, and centers for better interactions and more controlled PVP, and it works relatively well, but with Prim+ items included, it could only be better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VaultMan said:

Absolutely; I know it was mentioned. But it is a golden idea, and as you said. It would help Prim+ get some quick fixes if these things made it in to the base game. Which would help everyone. Ark is a fantastic game. But sometimes you just want to do more, and with Lumber, Brick, and reinforced glass and such, it could be that much better.

I agree complete with the points you made. I actually admin on a server cluster, and even though things can't cross over, we did open a Primitive Plus map as well just to be able to use the different items. 

The transition between the things you can craft is nicely done and it adds a variety of small details to the gameplay that make it both fun and challenging. Not to mention the different build items and decorative pieces. You can do a lot with Ark as is, but to add some of the materials you mentioned would be game changing. There are some people on the map's I admin/play on that have some amazing builds and I would love to see what they could come up with if they had more materials to work with. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoatSniffer2112 said:

Definitely need more stuff to keep in line with some of the structures, I’d like to see more modern and up to date decor items to come in line with metal and tek structures. It looks so tacky with a wooden chair and table inside a higher tier base.

It would be nice to see a few decorative items that fit each of the different building tiers so things don't look out of place. 

I think merging the primitive plus items is a good first step though. It has much more to offer than standard thus far for decorative and household items. 

• Like 1

This is a great idea for adding more variety to bases , but people, your thinking on a realy small scale. Just imagine the rebalanceing that could be done with the assets that the mod would bring with it.

• Metal tier structures could use the Steel from P+ as a way of slowing progression, or making a new defensive tier,
  • Using cement as a cementing paste alternative, like how organic polymer and hard polymer are interchangable
  • Keep the P+ crops as a Mutton alternative for herbivores, and keep the whole favorite crop system in place
  • Change the smoke house to do a couple to jerky at a time rather than 1, keep the organic oil for cooking, also giving a use to the iguanadons ability (irl crude oil would make you sick if used for cooking)
  • The dedicated storage bin system would work for PVE, but sadly make raiding in PVP easier due to being able to target specific resource bins (e.g. miners box)
  • And of course the P+ industrial tier, I would sugest implementing it around lv 45-50 and pushing the current industrial tier to around 70. they could have the benefit of being faster than early game alternatives, but not as fast as the base game industrial structures.

Thats just my opinion of what could be done if P+ is implemented

• Like 2

I know I voted for this ages ago but I thought I'd comment, 

I just loaded up prim+ for the first time properly, to see what it had to offer in the 2 years since I last played it properly, (I usually use it for building as lumber looks so nice, but didn't check anything else out) and oh my, so many varieties of storage boxes, so many unique and amazing structures to make a village feel alive and not just more of the same repeated boxes and decorations

This would bring new life to PvE and RP if the structures where added, the yurt, the pontoon, so many amazing structures.

I'd love to cycle between prim+ bookcase and large storage and regular skins, it's all so pretty

My spouse and I both play this, and we talk about it all the time. We would even be glad to pay for new building materials, new furniture, more plants, more craftable consumables like foods and medicines...

We play on PS4, but I gotta say those plain glass walls in the mods look schweeeeeeeeet! Those would be nice. The ones that don’t have metal splitting them into quadrants? 

Spekaing of things we see in the mods, maybe expanding the underwater building capabilities would enable us to really immerse ourselves in these fantastic ocean biomes you’ve built for us but are largely forgotten and often, as I’ve noticed anyway from others, complained about. Underwater bases, yo...that’s some bamf stuff right there.

As a note, thanks a bunch for this flexible pipe in the last major update. Know what would be awesome? If we could have some sort of structures that could be filled with water. Idk...maybe have it only fill with water if there’s a certain attachment to irrigation piping. I mean, we can move water, we just can’t make it show up. That would take building in this game from the best we’ve yet seen to the best any may ever see.