Cryopods Craftable In Fabricator/Drops (added)

Suggestion

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

But a high lvl to unlock them like 90. Small tribes have no chance to get them otherwise and the big tribes just get stronger with them Edit: Thanks WC for doing it, if someone can't see the Cryo

I'd be ok with this and cryo fridges if they cost element dust, droppable by tek dino's now. So different recipes based on machine used. (If that's possible)

Lore be damned, I want anyone to be able to use them/get the engram even without getting extinction map or being high level. They've really helped the tame cap problem.

60 replies to this server topic

5 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Don't you need extinction anyway to learn the engram?

This is true as it stands right now. But you can go to extinction, learn the engram then go back to you own server, a lot of extinction servers are super toxic and kite happy on PvE so there is a lot of people who are forced not to play on them as a result

1 minute ago, Lowly said:

This is true as it stands right now. But you can go to extinction, learn the engram then go back to you own server, a lot of extinction servers are super toxic and kite happy on PvE so there is a lot of people who are forced not to play on them as a result

But on PVE it isn't that hard to unlock the replicator engram, plenty of people host free boss runs(me included). By level 90 you should be able to get your own replicator or buy them from other people fairly easy.

Edit: My initial response was mainly to the first sentence of your message

Edited by Oli4
3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

But on PVE it isn't that hard to unlock the replicator engram, plenty of people host free boss runs(me included). By level 90 you should be able to get your own replicator or buy them from other people fairly easy.

Edit: My initial response was mainly to the first sentence of your message

I totally forgot that there was not a blueprint for cryopod or cryofrodge when I made the initial statement

Cryopod's are probably one of the biggest game changers in the game in my opinion.   On official PvP servers, having them only craftable in replicators really only gives the big tribes access to them on demand, this game already vastly favors the mega tribes.   Sure if you only want/need a handful of them you can do blue supply drops, as people have suggested, but if they were craftable then anyone high enough level and willing to farm the mats could get as many as they want.  That opens the door to things that currently are really only available to the big tribes.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Arkaholic said:

They have to make money somehow to keep supporting the game and one of extinctions main features is cryopods. It's either DLC or Microtransactions witch we all should know by now how well that works out for games.

I play solo pvp main official an can get cryos easy, even with all the mega tribes and alliances. 40 mins on getting one of the most op things in the game isn't all that bad IMO.

This doesnt work if the game doesnt work. I bought Extinction and it doesnt work. Which means no Cryopods, even with the DLC. 

That means cryopods on another maps is not a bad idea.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:15 AM, asmodiandevils said:

Let's not make changes. There is a viable market for endgame players and I have yet to see anyone gauge others. I have seen as low as 40 Ingots per cryopod. I do believe the status quo is fine. Also there is incentive for a player to purchase extinction which helps the longevity of the game. Also if you don't have a replicator ---- > MAKE FRIENDS and you will certainly enjoy the benefits of bringing your mats and crafting there.

Yours is a very PVE answer.  Doesn't necessarily translate to PVP though.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:55 PM, BlackTiger said:

But a high lvl to unlock them like 90. Small tribes have no chance to get them otherwise and the big tribes just get stronger with them

Highly disagree this would be too op even if the enagram was unlocked at a higher level, it wouldn't even make sense since it is a tek item and it should technically be crafted in a tek replicator.

I don't disagree with them being easier to craft, and I certainly appreciate their usage. Tame caps can easily be diminished with the use of these. Of course, toxic alphas will choose not to utilize this, but that's another topic. Anyway, I do like this idea. Maybe they could be craftable with small amounts of element dust, just to maintain balance. That would actually put some use to element dust on the Island besides making delicious sandwiches.

But don't forget about the cryofridge, the only way to make sure these pods are used to the max. That should also be craftable in the fabricator.

Or you can kill a couple corrupted dilos and get cryopods from a blue OSD. Your choice.

As a casual player that never plays till endgame, I agree to this. Lock it behind level is enough. Even if it's behind lv 95. Above that is way too high for playing casually. It should be available in normal engram list in all maps. That would make other maps more convenient to play.

Edited by DonaldDuck

Not just cryopod but most TEK should have primitive version especially teleporter or make it a DLC with a price, so casual players like me that never reach endgame/defeat bosses can have access to it, but weaker version with longer cooldown or half amount of storage/timer.

Like for example

- PRIMITIVE TEK  DLC, price $XX, include Cryopod, teleporters, etc

Edited by DonaldDuck

The city terminals is probably the best solution and I kind of liked the ideas others mentioned of using an alternative cost that would involve dust requiring players to hit up some lampposts to make some so it's not just an easier made product. The Cryofridge should stay made in Replicator thought so people wouldn't be able to restore their cryopods until they were built up more.