Cryopods Craftable In Fabricator/Drops (added)

BlackTiger

Suggestion

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60 replies to this server topic

On 4/23/2019 at 4:55 PM, BlackTiger said:

But a high lvl to unlock them like 90. Small tribes have no chance to get them otherwise and the big tribes just get stronger with them

yep i agree 1000%  i have 2 neighboors who are semi new to ark on pve.  there freaking base is hugeeeee and they got about 300 tames in there yard.  lags my whole area to hell and back xD and its 100% the base size and tames out is 100% due to them not having access to cryopods.  i can make them now for them but like now i have to spend my time doing that and the base is already built.  if they knew it wasnt gonna be till they had a replicator before they had pods they said they wouldnt have built that huge.

its a giant fully enclosed 2000 stone wall if not more dino pen with a behemoth gate with 100 of tames jammed in it.  which i dont blame them , without pods you need tons of space for tames.  if they could get pods by leveling and buying an engram on the island my server wouldnt  be  such a laggy mess.  i could make pods all freaking day every day and not be able to cover the map.

and before pods it was so bad on that server if an event came you had to shoot dilos and dodos to be able to hatch or tame anything xD pods are the greatest thing brought to ark in a game functionality and quality of life way.  it should not be walled off behind a replicator and a extinction transfer.. which i hate transfering my char.  i just have multiple chars cause i know at least 5 people of crazy high lvl that have lost chars that way.  just make it an all map engram.  high level so not every bob can have them at lvl 3 but fabricator made.  that alone would make ark run much smoother especialllly on highly polulated maps like island.

As a PVE Console player, the cryopods are an awesome addition to the game. 

They have been a huge help in many ways. 

• They help cut lag by decreasing the number of dinos in a base. 
  • They help with taming. Some dinos were a nightmare to get home. 
  • They help with breeding. Being able to compare the stat's via cryopods prior to tossing them out and breeding them is a bit easier. 
  • They are easy to toss to another player if you are making an exchange, loaning a dino, or are handing if off to a tribemate in need. 

And personally, I think they are best suited for the fabricator for the following reasons;

• They do not cost element, element shards, or element dust to craft as with many other tek tier items.
  • They are not learned as a tek tier item. 
  • They assist with cutting back on lag, as listed above.

That being said, I do agree that for some, keeping it as an "end game" item may increase the drive to include the item as such. 

As a compromise, this would be one of the items I would suggest there be a server setting, or a game ini line of code that could be used to alter where an item is crafted for those that wish to make that adjustment. 

13 hours ago, kaazoo71 said:

I'm glad they actually used this idea and made it so we could craft them in drops, supply crates, and obelisk. Thanks for putting this up and Thank you Wild Card for listening.

Yes! This made me playing ARK again, but on Official ORP servers until eventually we get DUO servers :)

6 hours ago, Lowly said:

You need to own extinction to do this though, not everyone supports dlc or can afford or does own it, let's not judge them for it.

Not everyone is able to quickly jump to extinction to spend 40 minutes looking for a blue drop just to make 5 or 6 cryopods on there other server where they've just started up and don't have cryo pods or a replicator but have the engram

Don't you need extinction anyway to learn the engram?

I think they are good as they are (except that you shouldn't be able to use them near enemy structures, but that's an other subject)

BTW, if you are not playing on a cluster it can be hard to get them.

So why not add a low tier cryopod that spoil faster and weight a lot. For example, the Araneo could be used to cocoon small creatures up to they ankylo/bear. And then use the cocoon as a cryopod.

We already have fishnig basket for water dinos

4 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I'm still not happy with cryopodding.  This is not helping reduce lag.  Only one (two electric frig) months to keep dinos stored is way to short.  Requiring a cryofridge that cannot be crafted until you are level 88?!   How is that suppose to reduce lag on pve?  Please drop the required level or make a blue print of the cryofridge and put it in every LOW LEVEL supply drop reward.  You are not reducing lag by making it hard for players to get lag reducing objects.

1) 88 is super easy to get. Never understood how just doing daily stuff didn't get you there. So many ways to get xp and buffs.

2) If you aren't level 88 you probably don't have the dino capacity to truly cause significant lag unless you're just taming/hatching and keeping everything. Just killing low level spawns to force new spawns and killing off weak babies will give you tons of xp especially if using one of the many buffs. 

Anybody who is below 88 and somehow has the dino capacity to contribute mass lag is just doing it on purpose so it doesn't matter how low the cryofridge unlock is. They will do it anyway. Go hit some explorer notes and kill an Alpha raptor or some Wyverns. You'll get 88 in well under 2 months. 

Vote No to more hand holding in a survival game.

5 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Don't you need extinction anyway to learn the engram?

This is true as it stands right now. But you can go to extinction, learn the engram then go back to you own server, a lot of extinction servers are super toxic and kite happy on PvE so there is a lot of people who are forced not to play on them as a result

1 minute ago, Lowly said:

This is true as it stands right now. But you can go to extinction, learn the engram then go back to you own server, a lot of extinction servers are super toxic and kite happy on PvE so there is a lot of people who are forced not to play on them as a result

But on PVE it isn't that hard to unlock the replicator engram, plenty of people host free boss runs(me included). By level 90 you should be able to get your own replicator or buy them from other people fairly easy.

Edit: My initial response was mainly to the first sentence of your message

3 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

But on PVE it isn't that hard to unlock the replicator engram, plenty of people host free boss runs(me included). By level 90 you should be able to get your own replicator or buy them from other people fairly easy.

Edit: My initial response was mainly to the first sentence of your message

I totally forgot that there was not a blueprint for cryopod or cryofrodge when I made the initial statement

The city terminals is probably the best solution and I kind of liked the ideas others mentioned of using an alternative cost that would involve dust requiring players to hit up some lampposts to make some so it's not just an easier made product. The Cryofridge should stay made in Replicator thought so people wouldn't be able to restore their cryopods until they were built up more.

Cryopod's are probably one of the biggest game changers in the game in my opinion.   On official PvP servers, having them only craftable in replicators really only gives the big tribes access to them on demand, this game already vastly favors the mega tribes.   Sure if you only want/need a handful of them you can do blue supply drops, as people have suggested, but if they were craftable then anyone high enough level and willing to farm the mats could get as many as they want.  That opens the door to things that currently are really only available to the big tribes.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:48 AM, Arkaholic said:

They have to make money somehow to keep supporting the game and one of extinctions main features is cryopods. It's either DLC or Microtransactions witch we all should know by now how well that works out for games.

I play solo pvp main official an can get cryos easy, even with all the mega tribes and alliances. 40 mins on getting one of the most op things in the game isn't all that bad IMO.

This doesnt work if the game doesnt work. I bought Extinction and it doesnt work. Which means no Cryopods, even with the DLC. 

That means cryopods on another maps is not a bad idea.

I'm still not happy with cryopodding.  This is not helping reduce lag.  Only one (two electric frig) months to keep dinos stored is way to short.  Requiring a cryofridge that cannot be crafted until you are level 88?!   How is that suppose to reduce lag on pve?  Please drop the required level or make a blue print of the cryofridge and put it in every LOW LEVEL supply drop reward.  You are not reducing lag by making it hard for players to get lag reducing objects.

Archived