Cryopods Craftable In Fabricator/Drops (added)

BlackTiger

Suggestion

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60 replies to this server topic

I don't disagree with them being easier to craft, and I certainly appreciate their usage. Tame caps can easily be diminished with the use of these. Of course, toxic alphas will choose not to utilize this, but that's another topic. Anyway, I do like this idea. Maybe they could be craftable with small amounts of element dust, just to maintain balance. That would actually put some use to element dust on the Island besides making delicious sandwiches.

But don't forget about the cryofridge, the only way to make sure these pods are used to the max. That should also be craftable in the fabricator.

Or you can kill a couple corrupted dilos and get cryopods from a blue OSD. Your choice.

13 hours ago, Arkaholic said:

You can do blue orbital drops for easy cryopods. Let's not make the game to easy.

You need to own extinction to do this though, not everyone supports dlc or can afford or does own it, let's not judge them for it.

Not everyone is able to quickly jump to extinction to spend 40 minutes looking for a blue drop just to make 5 or 6 cryopods on there other server where they've just started up and don't have cryo pods or a replicator but have the engram

On 4/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, BlackTiger said:

But a high lvl to unlock them like 90. Small tribes have no chance to get them otherwise and the big tribes just get stronger with them

Honestly they don’t even need to be cryopods, it could be a new item that serves the same purpose, something new that is craftable but doesn’t require raiding bosses, but make them harder to create, to keep some balance, I wouldn’t mind farming for a while and making 2 or 3 And be set.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, Arkaholic said:

You can do blue orbital drops for easy cryopods. Let's not make the game to easy.

Coming back to your answer again and let you know about my experience last night.  Playing on Small tribes server and friend and I tamed a couple of owls and went after a blue orbital drop.  Another guy said he was there first, ok cool. Off to find another one.  Found it now working on taking it out.  2 guys come over with Mana's and kill us both and our newly tamed owls.  This is the issue in a hostile PVP environment with getting cryopods out of blue drops.  They just take too long to complete and you are at risk of getting murdered while trying to get them.  With the Parasaur meta of people carying those around to find hidden bases you really need Cryopods early game just to keep from getting off-lined and there is absolutely no where to hide your tames.  by allowing folks to at least make them in terminals small tribes have a shot at surviving because at least in PVP no it definitely would not be too easy.

On 4/26/2019 at 3:15 AM, asmodiandevils said:

Let's not make changes. There is a viable market for endgame players and I have yet to see anyone gauge others. I have seen as low as 40 Ingots per cryopod. I do believe the status quo is fine. Also there is incentive for a player to purchase extinction which helps the longevity of the game. Also if you don't have a replicator ---- > MAKE FRIENDS and you will certainly enjoy the benefits of bringing your mats and crafting there.

Yours is a very PVE answer.  Doesn't necessarily translate to PVP though.

5 hours ago, Lowly said:

You need to own extinction to do this though, not everyone supports dlc or can afford or does own it, let's not judge them for it.

Not everyone is able to quickly jump to extinction to spend 40 minutes looking for a blue drop just to make 5 or 6 cryopods on there other server where they've just started up and don't have cryo pods or a replicator but have the engram

They have to make money somehow to keep supporting the game and one of extinctions main features is cryopods. It's either DLC or Microtransactions witch we all should know by now how well that works out for games.

I play solo pvp main official an can get cryos easy, even with all the mega tribes and alliances. 40 mins on getting one of the most op things in the game isn't all that bad IMO.

On 4/25/2019 at 8:23 AM, Arkaholic said:

Sure, but you usually get what 2?  Each orbital drop takes a decent amount of time as well.  I'd be fully in support of having them craftable in a terminal if folks are against using the fabby.  Just something else besides the replicator.  I'm a small tribe looking to keep to a very small footprint and the replicator is huge and it doesn't make sense to need one just for cryopods.

Let's not make changes. There is a viable market for endgame players and I have yet to see anyone gauge others. I have seen as low as 40 Ingots per cryopod. I do believe the status quo is fine. Also there is incentive for a player to purchase extinction which helps the longevity of the game. Also if you don't have a replicator ---- > MAKE FRIENDS and you will certainly enjoy the benefits of bringing your mats and crafting there.

Not just cryopod but most TEK should have primitive version especially teleporter or make it a DLC with a price, so casual players like me that never reach endgame/defeat bosses can have access to it, but weaker version with longer cooldown or half amount of storage/timer.

Like for example

- PRIMITIVE TEK  DLC, price $XX, include Cryopod, teleporters, etc

Archived