Stop banning people for mesh defenses

Rossnvnw67

I understand you guys want to have a zero tolerance policy on meshing, but until it's fixed this is just ridiculous. Having a couple of turrets underneath your base that would only ever shoot someone who was cheating, is not what you guys should be focusing your ban efforts on. Not saying its allowed ANYWHERE near enemy structures, but just under your main base area. Again, the key is that they would only ever shoot someone who was cheating.

• 1 month later...

Defense

So my question is regarding mesh defense. I have a base spot i really want to build on but its also a spot known for getting meshed super hard. So if i put a small tower in the mesh strictly for the purpose of fending of meshers will i be dev wiped for it. Im honestly getting tired of building a nice base and some mesher knocks all my towers down

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

Putting defenses under the mesh to fight people under the mesh, because anything under the mesh can shoot anything above ground, wouldn't that make it so that normal play cannot reach the under the mesh defenses which can shoot regular players playing the game legit?

This is the way I see it also. By meshing to defend yourself you make it so anybody who isnt meshing wont be able to raid you, By using Mesh to defend means only a mesher can raid you, this in turn encourages more people to mesh, So no it isnt allowed either way. It's like if there was a cheat to give you resources, and you say well they can use those resources to raid me, so I will use the cheat to build defenses against that raid. You can't cheat to defend against cheaters and not expect to be treated like a cheater. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Putting items under the mesh, even if it is to defend against getting meshed, is just as against the rules as the people trying to attack you from under the mesh.

In short, don't do it.

Report all instances of people meshing to support:

https://support.survivetheark.com

• Joebl0w13 locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Mesh Defence Should Be Allowed Here's Why...

Curious to know who all has been dev wiped for having mesh defence? Does wildcard not realize it's a necessity to making sure no one mesh raids your base. Literally if people cant mesh raid you they report you for having mesh defence then you get dev wiped! It shouldn't work like that. Without having mesh defence the game is ruined and building up is useless, unless you have so many active tribe members  taking turns watching mesh spots that enter into their base. The best you can do right now is hopefully tame a reaper, which is impossible without having a base and grinding for the stuff to do so, and bury it in a spot with all of your best stuff so no one finds it. Please allow us to not get dev wiped for trying to stop meshers from cheating us out of the game.

50 minutes ago, Jehovah said:

Mesh Defence Should Be Allowed Here's Why...

Curious to know who all has been dev wiped for having mesh defence? Does wildcard not realize it's a necessity to making sure no one mesh raids your base. Literally if people cant mesh raid you they report you for having mesh defence then you get dev wiped! It shouldn't work like that. Without having mesh defence the game is ruined and building up is useless, unless you have so many active tribe members  taking turns watching mesh spots that enter into their base. The best you can do right now is hopefully tame a reaper, which is impossible without having a base and grinding for the stuff to do so, and bury it in a spot with all of your best stuff so no one finds it. Please allow us to not get dev wiped for trying to stop meshers from cheating us out of the game.

You see the problem is this, By meshing your base as a defense, it ensures that anyone who is playing legit and not meshing can now no longer raid you with normal means, It becomes a case of the only way to raid your base is to mesh. This encourages more meshing and makes your base unraidable to anyone not meshing. You see the problem here right?

I know meshing sucks and it is still an issue, but allowing some people to cheat in response to other cheaters is not the solution, all that does is further impact those who are not cheating or meshing.

Rather than saying you should be allowed to mesh defend you should be on here pushing wild  card to implement anti mesh systems, which by the way have already been developed and tested by the community. They have been proven to work and as far as I am aware Wild card may be testing it themselves so they can implement it, I am not 100% on this and maybe a wild card representative can clarify.

But to complain that you arent allowed to cheat to defend against cheaters will get you nowhere. The only way we are going to stop meshing is to push WC to implement systems against it, not to allow more people into the mesh as a form of defense that will just make things worse.

Archived