Rossnvnw67

Suggestion

Console Ark has always been a struggle, just because of the (lack of) power that consoles have. Here are some REALLY SIMPLE changes that could be made to make a console player's life much easier.

1. GRAPHICAL SETTING OPTIONS. For real guys, why can't console players turn off the godawful light shafts, shadows, and bloom quality from the game menu? Every time I log onto Ark, I have to first go onto my single player, type in these commands and then log into whatever server I'm playing on, and then do it again when my game inevitably crashes while I'm playing. I don't know if anyone from the Dev team has played Ark with high gamma, and then flown up into the sky. Your screen literally turns white, you literally can't see anything. Not exaggerating. Allow us PLEASE to tune these settings. As well as that, if it's at all possible, give the option to change resolution settings. Console players don't need textures to look amazing, we’re playing on an xbox and a $100 TV from Walmart. We just want to get above 5fps inside our bases. Please Wildcard.

2. MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. I know this one is a longshot, but Xbox just gave the capability, and Ark is such an advanced game. It could be made a lot more fun, competitive, and just convenient by allowing mouse and keyboard. Xbox Small Tribes servers are already loaded with people playing on mouse and keyboard because they are Cross-platform. Anyone who's played console will understand the struggle of making gunpowder. *Press and hold* "One stack of sparkpowder" *Press and hold* "Two stacks of sparkpowder". It's excruciating. 

3. TRANSFER ITEM OPTIONS. On the subject of making gunpowder, the whole “press and hold” to transfer one stack this is horrid. Making bullets requires you doing this hundreds and hundreds of times, whereas PC players can hold down T and wave their mouse around to transfer stacks super quickly. If we can’t have mouse and keyboard, something that would be great would be a “transfer x amount” feature. Or even a “transfer x stacks”. Small things, like when you added LB to take all, go a LONG way to making the game more convenient and streamlined for controller players.

4. DINO MOVEMENT. Jeeeeez guys this is brutal. I loved the “disable ally looking” option that you added, I’m asking you to take it a step further and give an option to turn off passive dino movement. I don’t want 100 wyvern tails dancing all over the place, I don’t want massive Bronto tails pushing me around. I don’t want my dinos to have an aneurysm every time they eat food. I know that it’ll look weird just having all your dinos sit there like statues, but its so worth it if it would help the framerate, even a little bit. If it’s simply an option, that puts the power in the players’ hands to decide if it’s worth it.

5. ACCOUNT LOYAL IMPRINTS. This isn’t a console-specific suggestion like the others, but still this needs to happen. You guys obviously feel pretty bad when your players lose characters. But rather than you having to deal with thousands of tickets, why not just give us what we wanted in the first place? I’m going to tell you right now, if you made dino-imprints loyal to an account rather than a character, people won’t care about lost characters anymore. Very minimal people care about losing tek engrams. Everyone on Ark knows someone that can get them another run through the Boss Fights. The biggest hit when you lose a character comes from the fact that you now have Dinos without imprints. On PvP servers, imprints are everything. Back when you guys set imprint timers to 8 hours from 3-4 hours, you cited that you were making the game a little healthier. If that’s still something you care about, you should give people the ability to hold onto Imprints. I’ve had tribemates lose a character and lose upwards of 500 imprinted tames because of it. That’s hours of work, wasted. Unlesssss, you guys come through for us on this. I know that the community agrees on this.

6.FIX ARGIES PLS N TY. Yeah I almost forgot, also not a console-specific thing but holy hell. Fix the Argent's picking issues. 

49 replies to this server topic

I've never agreed more on an idea, i play on PS4 and the struggle of transfering items is a real pain and i definitely agree on how annoying swishing tails are on dinos. I really hope wildcard reads and considers your idea.

But one more thing they need to fix the brightness on the snow, at this point im suffering from some sort of blindness from staring at it.

what about adding a sit mechanic for certain creatures like wolves, bears, sabers ect, ect, ect. it would just be so great. taking up less room and it would stop them from reacting to group whistles, that should be a thing. i love the idea of quick transfer with items, we console people deserve a quick transfer button like pc players

On 5/2/2019 at 2:55 PM, d1nk said:

Type in search: "gun" transfer all

Obviously guy, but in a chem bench you need an equal amount of spark and charcoal to craft gunpowder. So you have to press and hold for 1 second, 30 times to transfer in the spark. Then transfer all for charcoal. My point is that it would save time to click a button that says "transfer 30 stacks" rather than clicking and holding 30 times. It's just inefficient and when you play on official making vaults upon vaults of turret ammo at a time, you waste literally hours of your time just moving items around and transferring. 

Since you have a thread going, might as well add some suggestions as well.

100 stacks for meat would be nice instead of 20 & 30.

Since Metal Ingots seem to be the popular currency people use for trading, it would be nice if you can combine 5 stacks for a small fee and have 1000 stack ingots that still weighed 200 or 250 weight.

We need to address the Triangle button on PS4 (not sure on the XBox equivalent) If im trying to pick up some fibre/berries i then accidentally throw my shoulder pet or i cant throw out my shoulder pet because the game thinks im trying to access an inventory or get to the settings on a floor. The button has way to many uses. If we could map the buttons or at least toggle what the button does. Its so frustrating!

Turning shadows completely off is a no-no for me, it looks like halo 1 with no shadows

But agreed on the bloomquality and lightshadts and giving us the option to scale shadows and the option to turn off or scale ground clutter and maybe even an FoV slider I love 80  fov, things feel closer and less edge of screen distortion

Yes Yes Yes ALL of that is true I play PC and PS4 the PC have WAY better graphics settings which NEEDS to come to consoles. The light is HORRIBLE on the console since we dont have light shafts or bloom settings to turn off. Whenever I'm flying home on my argy I cant see ANYTHING AT ALL if I'm flying into the sun or looking at a glare. Also the lag when I harvest bodies with my argy also sucks that's on both. And the dino movement is also annoying, the tails of the bigger ones mainly. I absolutely love playing ark or is my favorite game but some simple changes would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED it will make playing SO much better for the console. Thanks for your time

On 4/23/2019 at 11:39 PM, Rossnvnw67 said:

Console Ark has always been a struggle, just because of the (lack of) power that consoles have. Here are some REALLY SIMPLE changes that could be made to make a console player's life much easier.

1. GRAPHICAL SETTING OPTIONS. For real guys, why can't console players turn off the godawful light shafts, shadows, and bloom quality from the game menu? Every time I log onto Ark, I have to first go onto my single player, type in these commands and then log into whatever server I'm playing on, and then do it again when my game inevitably crashes while I'm playing. I don't know if anyone from the Dev team has played Ark with high gamma, and then flown up into the sky. Your screen literally turns white, you literally can't see anything. Not exaggerating. Allow us PLEASE to tune these settings. As well as that, if it's at all possible, give the option to change resolution settings. Console players don't need textures to look amazing, we’re playing on an xbox and a $100 TV from Walmart. We just want to get above 5fps inside our bases. Please Wildcard.

Yeah, fix light, sun, bright, on console

On 4/23/2019 at 7:09 PM, Rossnvnw67 said:

2. MOUSE AND KEYBOARD. I know this one is a longshot, but Xbox just gave the capability, and Ark is such an advanced game. It could be made a lot more fun, competitive, and just convenient by allowing mouse and keyboard. Xbox Small Tribes servers are already loaded with people playing on mouse and keyboard because they are Cross-platform. Anyone who's played console will understand the struggle of making gunpowder. *Press and hold* "One stack of sparkpowder" *Press and hold* "Two stacks of sparkpowder". It's excruciating. 

3. TRANSFER ITEM OPTIONS. On the subject of making gunpowder, the whole “press and hold” to transfer one stack this is horrid. Making bullets requires you doing this hundreds and hundreds of times, whereas PC players can hold down T and wave their mouse around to transfer stacks super quickly. If we can’t have mouse and keyboard, something that would be great would be a “transfer x amount” feature. Or even a “transfer x stacks”. Small things, like when you added LB to take all, go a LONG way to making the game more convenient and streamlined for controller players.

4. DINO MOVEMENT. Jeeeeez guys this is brutal. I loved the “disable ally looking” option that you added, I’m asking you to take it a step further and give an option to turn off passive dino movement. I don’t want 100 wyvern tails dancing all over the place, I don’t want massive Bronto tails pushing me around. I don’t want my dinos to have an aneurysm every time they eat food. I know that it’ll look weird just having all your dinos sit there like statues, but its so worth it if it would help the framerate, even a little bit. If it’s simply an option, that puts the power in the players’ hands to decide if it’s worth it.

5. ACCOUNT LOYAL IMPRINTS. This isn’t a console-specific suggestion like the others, but still this needs to happen. You guys obviously feel pretty bad when your players lose characters. But rather than you having to deal with thousands of tickets, why not just give us what we wanted in the first place? I’m going to tell you right now, if you made dino-imprints loyal to an account rather than a character, people won’t care about lost characters anymore. Very minimal people care about losing tek engrams. Everyone on Ark knows someone that can get them another run through the Boss Fights. The biggest hit when you lose a character comes from the fact that you now have Dinos without imprints. On PvP servers, imprints are everything. Back when you guys set imprint timers to 8 hours from 3-4 hours, you cited that you were making the game a little healthier. If that’s still something you care about, you should give people the ability to hold onto Imprints. I’ve had tribemates lose a character and lose upwards of 500 imprinted tames because of it. That’s hours of work, wasted. Unlesssss, you guys come through for us on this. I know that the community agrees on this.

6.FIX ARGIES PLS N TY. Yeah I almost forgot, also not a console-specific thing but holy hell. Fix the Argent's picking issues. 

We also need the option to quickly turn off autosnap while building, it has prevented me from building how I wanted and needed to many many times, very frustrating.

On 23.4.2019 at 23:39, Rossnvnw67 said:

Console Ark war schon immer ein Kampf, nur wegen der (fehlenden) Macht, die Konsolen haben. Hier sind einige WIRKLICH EINFACHE Änderungen, die vorgenommen werden könnten, um das Leben eines Konsolenspielers viel einfacher zu machen.

1. OPTIONEN FÜR GRAFISCHE EINSTELLUNGEN. Warum können Konsolenspieler für echte Jungs nicht die wunderbaren Lichtstrahlen, Schatten und Blütenqualitäten aus dem Spielmenü ausschalten? Jedes Mal, wenn ich mich bei Ark anmelde, muss ich zuerst meinen Einzelspieler aufrufen, diese Befehle eingeben und mich dann auf dem Server anmelden, auf dem ich spiele. Wenn mein Spiel während des Spiels unvermeidlich abstürzt, muss ich es erneut tun. Ich weiß nicht, ob jemand aus dem Dev-Team Ark mit hohem Gamma gespielt und dann in den Himmel geflogen hat. Ihr Bildschirm wird buchstäblich weiß, Sie können buchstäblich nichts sehen. Nicht übertreiben. Erlauben Sie uns, diese Einstellungen zu ändern. Wenn es überhaupt möglich ist, können Sie auch die Auflösungseinstellungen ändern. Konsolenspieler brauchen keine Texturen, um fantastisch auszusehen. Wir spielen auf einer Xbox und einem 100-Dollar-Fernseher von Walmart. Wir wollen in unseren Basen nur über 5fps kommen. Bitte Wildcard.

2. MAUS UND TASTATUR. Ich weiß, dass dies ein Longshot ist, aber die Xbox hat gerade die Fähigkeit gegeben, und Ark ist so ein fortgeschrittenes Spiel. Es könnte viel lustiger, wettbewerbsfähiger und einfach bequemer werden, wenn Maus und Tastatur zugelassen werden. Auf Xbox Small Tribes-Servern sind bereits Benutzer geladen, die mit Maus und Tastatur spielen, da sie plattformübergreifend sind. Jeder, der Konsole gespielt hat, wird den Kampf um die Herstellung von Schießpulver verstehen. * Gedrückt halten * "Ein Stapel Funkenpulver" * Gedrückt halten * "Zwei Stapel Funkenpulver". Es ist quälend. 

3. ÜBERTRAGUNGSOPTIONEN. Bezüglich der Herstellung von Schießpulver ist das ganze „Drücken und Halten“, um einen Stapel zu übertragen, schrecklich. Das Erstellen von Kugeln erfordert Hunderte und Hunderte Male, während PC-Spieler T gedrückt halten und mit der Maus herumwedeln können, um Stapel superschnell zu übertragen. Wenn wir keine Maus und keine Tastatur haben, wäre eine Funktion zum Übertragen des x-Betrags großartig. Oder sogar ein "Transfer x Stacks". Kleine Dinge, wie wenn Sie LB hinzugefügt haben, um alle zu nehmen, gehen einen langen Weg, um das Spiel bequemer und optimierter für Controller-Spieler zu machen.

4. DINO BEWEGUNG. Jeeeeez Leute, das ist brutal. Ich mochte die von Ihnen hinzugefügte Option "Verbündeten suchen deaktivieren". Ich bitte Sie, noch einen Schritt weiter zu gehen und die Option zum Deaktivieren der passiven Dino-Bewegung anzugeben. Ich möchte nicht, dass 100 Wyvernschwänze überall tanzen, ich möchte nicht, dass massive Bronto-Schwänze mich herumschubsen. Ich möchte nicht, dass meine Dinos jedes Mal ein Aneurysma haben, wenn sie essen. Ich weiß, dass es seltsam aussehen wird, wenn all deine Dinos wie Statuen da sitzen, aber es lohnt sich, wenn es der Framerate hilft, auch nur ein bisschen. Wenn es nur eine Option ist, liegt es in der Hand der Spieler, zu entscheiden, ob es sich lohnt.

5. KONTO LOYAL IMPRESSIONEN. Dies ist kein konsolenspezifischer Vorschlag wie die anderen, aber dennoch muss dies geschehen. Ihr fühlt euch offensichtlich ziemlich schlecht, wenn eure Spieler Charaktere verlieren. Aber anstatt sich mit Tausenden von Tickets befassen zu müssen, geben Sie uns doch einfach, was wir wollten. Ich sage Ihnen gleich, wenn Sie Dino-Abdrücke an einen Account anstatt an einen Charakter gebunden haben, kümmern sich die Leute nicht mehr um verlorene Charaktere. Sehr wenige Leute kümmern sich darum, tek Engramme zu verlieren. Jeder auf der Arche kennt jemanden, der ihn durch die Bosskämpfe führen kann. Der größte Schlag, wenn du einen Charakter verlierst, ist die Tatsache, dass du jetzt Dinos ohne Abdrücke hast. Auf PvPServer, Abdrücke sind alles. Damals, als ihr den Zeitgeber für Abdrücke von 3-4 Stunden auf 8 Stunden eingestellt habt, habt ihr zitiert, dass ihr das Spiel ein wenig gesünder gemacht habt. Wenn Ihnen das immer noch am Herzen liegt, sollten Sie den Leuten die Möglichkeit geben, sich an Imprints zu halten. Ich hatte Stammesgenossen, die einen Charakter verloren hatten und deshalb über 500 aufgedruckte Zahmen verloren hatten. Das sind Stunden Arbeit, verschwendet. Es sei denn, ihr kommt für uns durch. Ich weiß, dass die Community dem zustimmt.

6.FIX ARGIES PLS N TY. Ja, ich hätte es fast vergessen, auch keine konsolenspezifische Sache, sondern die Hölle. Beheben Sie die Picking-Probleme des Argentums. 

Yes pleas 

18 hours ago, Verndgo25 said:

I like the ideas you have and think it would be nice if they would also add a few more things from Structures+ on consoles. 

Add the assistants into the console version. This way it gives people a reason to make the beer, tame a bee, etc. This would make a lot of people on officials happy as well because they could have the assistants collecting the eggs, crops, CP from Achatina, Gacha Crystals and then others would be working on preparing eggs to hatch/imprint the baby dinos while they are offline or away doing something else.

Another would be the option to search/pull items from dinos/storage straight to you or whatever crafting bench you're at to craft an item(s).

Why do you need assistants to play the game for you? Beer is easy to make just takes time but is excellent for PvP. Same with bees to make honey for vegetable cakes and for fishing or broth of enlightenment. Your suggestions are that of a lazy person whom doesn't like any challenges.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:39 PM, Rossnvnw67 said:

??? 

i definitly like the account connected imprints.  i found out long ago you needed boss kills to use transmitter even if you own one.. i got 4 characters lol i do not trust transfering my char and because i dont wanna do rag boss 4 times on 4 characters i just flat out gave up on ever having transmitter.

anyways its super annoyjng because i have to have multiple sets of everything and raise some things in a very odd way.  like i still have to transfer wyvern eggs to my island server and then raise them there and send milk cause otherwise they will be imprinted to my SE character lol and i have to do the same for extinction now.  and then like for example i got an event wyvern on SE and i wanted him on the island cause hes cool ? but now i dont get the imp buff lol??  its not a massive deal on some creatures but on like boss rexes and especially lighting wyverns and gigas used to kill titanos.. that rider buff goes a long long way.  the only way i know to stop a wild titano is  bredgiga  and lightning wyvern.  doing 30% less damage against 230k suckkkkss ? doing the math that basically adds like 70K hp to the titano so i gotta have imprinted gigas and wyverns for ea h character.

and i dont at allll trust transfering char.  i know so many people that claimed it was safe a year ago that do it all the time.  and almost all of them have lost a char since telling me that xD they do not replace boss kills or lvls.  they just place you back in your tribe and attach imprints assuming you have 3 members to vouche for you which i do not im solo.

I like the ideas you have and think it would be nice if they would also add a few more things from Structures+ on consoles. 

Add the assistants into the console version. This way it gives people a reason to make the beer, tame a bee, etc. This would make a lot of people on officials happy as well because they could have the assistants collecting the eggs, crops, CP from Achatina, Gacha Crystals and then others would be working on preparing eggs to hatch/imprint the baby dinos while they are offline or away doing something else.

Another would be the option to search/pull items from dinos/storage straight to you or whatever crafting bench you're at to craft an item(s).

Archived