New dlc suggestion SKY RULERS

Likeitis

Suggestion

An aerial concentrated map with floating islands. 3 main islands each with one obelisk, numerous smaller islands hovering around above and below each other.

The idea is that each island needs to be discovered to get all tames and items, as each island has some unique of both.

Caves are present on the islands, artifact caves, as buildable caves.

Each main island has its own biome, the smaller ones are overall filled with resources.

The bottom of the map has a small water buffer, should you fall, you won't be killed instantly. However falling of your tame is tedious thus can be countered with a safety rope, attached to you flier.

Map:

Environments:

Hot air stream that increases fly speed.

Thick mist zone where barely can see. 

Biomes: 

Snow island (blue obelisk), jungle island (green obelisk), desert plains (red obelisk).

Regions: 

Giant flower forest:

The Hive:

Overgrown woods: 

Tall forest:

Cold plains:

Cliffside ruins:

Tundra:

Insect tunnels (land): 

Insect chasm (air): 

Creatures

Gargoyle: 

Stone flier, can harvest stone, and has certain weight reductions. Eats stone, immune to elemental attacks. Found in the cliffside ruins. Immune to goliath grab. Has a saddle.

http://imgur.com/a/JLIaeyg

Giant goliath spider:

Goliath, a giant bird eating spider. Excels in killing fliers like birds, pterosaurs, even managarms. Found in the overgrown woods , entered trough the insect tunnels. Goliaths also rest on the walls in the insect chasm, often seen with their front legs searching after prey while stil mounted on the wall, keep this in mind when you fly trough, if you get caught, it will end bad. Can inject enemies with a substance, if creature is killed within a certain time, substance turns into cementing paste. Can climb like megalania. Can grab fliers. Has a saddle.

http://imgur.com/a/tG20Ofw

Consider this an (large) apex ground creature.

Bola spider and crab spider:

Found in the insect tunnels, overgrown woods and giant flower forest. (Non tameable)

Jumping spider and orb weaver: 

Tameable, jumps form island to island. Orb weaver catches flies.

Giant beetle:

Rideable beetle, can fly and grab creatures/people.

https://imgur.com/m9VV7s9

Drawn by @benjamin.b.nichols

Hummingbird: 

Fast flier, saddle, very mobile as it can fly in all directions. Cant move when landed, so watch out for goliaths when out of stamina.

https://imgur.com/m9VV7s9

Drawn by @benjamin.b.nichols

Small fliers:

Could be ptero's, or modern day.

Minions:

Small creatures roaming the islands, more agressive at night. Can be tamed and if you own a hive, can house it. ( Could be same model as nameless)

Minion king:

Resides in a minion hive, needs trophies to tame, boosts minions, only 1 king can house a hive.

Flying lizard/sugar glider:

Early game rideable flier/glider, weak, low weight, nothing more then a quick way of getting around. 

Other larger pterosaurs: 

Like hatzeg, shoulder mounts(fly ability)...

Structures/vehicles

Taming cage: 

Cage that can be attached underneath the islands rocks, with anchors. The amount of anchors depends on the cage. (Small/medium/large)

Support air balloon: 

Balloon you can attach to a ceiling to extend its support by 4m, max (?) balloons in proximity. A tek version can be attached under cealing to support 10m, needs to be tek powered.

Tek dome:

Much like the tek forcefield, but needs to be placed on foundations and can snap on fence foundations (to make nice/practical buildings).

Circular shape with a 8-12 foundation diameter. Doesn't require element to stay up, however expensive to craft.

Chopper:

Primitive early game, low armor/health, shoots arrows, works on coal/gas?

Tek plane:

battle,cargo,..., endgame plane, shoots lasers, high weight/health, bp crafted? Works on gas/element/shards? Speed can be altered but at extra fuel cost.

Cable cars:

Travel between islands/base.

Safety net/bridge:

seals gaps, can be combined into a rope bridge, early version of tek bridge.

Minion hive:

Hive that shoots arrows when minions are housed. 2 minions and 1 king can house a hive. Damage stacks with melee damage of all residents combined.

Items/yummies:

Fluid Bag: 

Stores nectar, flowers and honey. Increases spoil timer.

Safety rope:

Rope you put in your tamed flier's inventory. Prevents falling of by mistakenly pressing the dismount button, if pressed within 2-3 seconds after dismount. Rope breaks after 3 uses.

Primitive grapling hook:

early version of the grapling hook, fiber crafted but has a chance to break upon use.

Adrenalin syrum:

fliers temporary gain speed, map EXCLUSIVE item means NO transfer.

Other stuff:

Nectar, frog legs,...

• Answers 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

142 replies to this server topic

On 4/28/2019 at 11:33 PM, Likeitis said:

Something like this, we never got a dragon, just wyverns and drakes, don't even now what managarmr is ?

The Wyvern is a Wyvern because it as four limbs, two feet and two wings, which are amrs at the same time. The dragon is a Dragon, because it has six limbs, two wings, two arms and two wings. The Rock Drake is a Drake, because it has four limbs but no wings (it uses its feathers for gliding, they are not suitable for flying). 

In this case the Mana would be a Wyvern, because its arms and wings are merged into eachother.

BUT it is a mammal, so it should not even be related to the Wyverns or the Rock Drakes. 

4 hours ago, Silvaeger said:

what would be a good dragon thing for this map since every other DLC has one SE: wyvern, AB: rock drake, EXT: managarmr. I was thinking some sort of Chinese dragon but im not sure how well that would fit or maybe some sort of Wyrm has no legs and a pair of wings or some sort of draconic insectoid 

Other things that might work are either-

Amphitheres, which are like wyrms, except some versions have feathered wings. Probably living on the cliff ruins or one of the forests.

Or maybe small shoulder dragons, kind of like dimorphs but maybe a little bit more strong, or like the archaeopteryx so you can move between isles. Spawns in tall forest, maybe.

These are the ideas I thought of. 

Also, the ghost of light looks great for the giant flower forest :)

17 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I am heartened to see the community get together to try and make this a reality on their own.  We always need more user generated content.  That being said I don't think a DLC that moves the focus MORE onto flyers would be right for my community as flyers are already heavily overused even post flyer nerf.

Yeah this dlc is suposed to take aerial combat to the next level (tek planes, new fliers,...). BUT there are alternatives to ground the fight, like goliaths, bolas, etc... in the no fly caves, overgrown forest it comes to brute force on ground to, also some new defenses like tek dome protect you from aerial attackers. ? 

But thanks for feedback ?☺️

Wow I don't believe it. I've had this idea for a map brewing in my head for over a year now, and what would you know there's a group of people on here that have seriously similar visions for their own! Let me first just say, whether this is something that gets a fully realized greenlight or not, I'm glad to have seen people coming together to form a such great ideas!

For my map, I focused more on steampower, than tek. I thought "wouldn't it be awesome if you could just build a ship/blimp/balloon that you could hover around on instead of flying on some funny looking quetz?" Then Extinction rolled around, and with greater emphasis on verticality the vision become more vivid. Gasbags tethered to ropes and planks, and balloons being sent to deliver precious packages across skies and seas, misty floating isles in the horizon.

Then Atlas came out, and what once seemed like a dream to base flying airships off of the raft from ark, suddenly seemed possible with the far-from-perfect but oh-so-much-better ships and rafts in its younger sibling. From a development perspective, airships seemed realistic, an aerial map seemed realistic, a whole new adventure was attainable.

On top of it all, with the ending of Extinction being as it was, Tek (from a lore standpoint) has essentially been wiped out. Lore isn't the biggest of concerns when it comes to mods and that's fair. But if we were to take out the magic-science that is Tek out of the equation when it comes to developing ideas for this strange flying wonderland, suddenly we have to get creative. And that's where the good ideas start to come in! 

Soaring islands, some shattered into little more than bits of landmass while others may as well be tectonic plates yanked from the earth in an orchestra of moving parts. Like a living armillary sphere, filled with wonder, mystery, danger...

The plot? A lot of moving parts, plenty of character driven choices with major consequences. The biggest being how this Ark got to be what it is: the Plates of Arensun.

Life was how it should be, at least on an Ark. Struggle, overcome, compete, succeed, ascend, repeat. Until one day... the Arks left their orbit. The descended to their holes in the ground and found a tattered and weary earth waiting for them, man and dino alike. Immediately after, the seeds of rebirth were planted, Element dethroned, and the earth freed from tidal lock. There was just one cancerous seed that had been overlooked. You know his name.

The inhabitants of the Arks nearby the one he fell on never got the chance to find out.

This Ark, one previously ripe with experimental creatures from fantasy or mythos, was one such Ark. Balance had been achieved, at least to some extent, between the inhabitants of the Ark before its return to earth. There was care not to tempt the Obelisks' fury lest they grow too civilized and too soft for the Ark's purpose in keeping them. Upon landing, new people factions arose, new creatures discovered, and new threats quick to tear through the darkness of the night.

The source was clear, the enemy with no name came from but one place: the aberrant Ark. The one with titled obelisks and a surface too charred for anything to grow on. Yet He was there too. Deep in the abyss, hidden away from the blasts that would otherwise decimate his Element-ridden being. You see he found a tongue through which to speak with the Ark, and unlike the Arks around it, its three great pillars did not fire their pulse to eradicate the Element pools below. The earth had a new cancer beneath its surface.

Action had to be swift, for two threats fell before the survivors' laps: the enemy of no name, and the enemy below. They did not hold either back, only slowing their advance. Dinos were no match for the Nameless in the dead of night, technology was no match for the Devil Below when flexed his tentacles. So a scientist came up with a plan. A foolhardy one, that if done incorrectly, would lead to almost everything on the Ark dead. If done correctly, only most would die. A pattern of the Ark's artificial environment functions that it was never truly designed to do, much less inside Earth's atmosphere. The only way to survive was to break away from the Earth they had just finally reached. The only way left to go was up.

The ground quaked and the obelisks roared like angered beasts. Few lived to tell the account, and most who speak of its history are those who entered it through teleportation from other Arks across the globe. One such individual being a former academic and philosopher from Greece centuries prior. He shared his skills and knowledge learned from architects and mathematicians, as well as tactics from Athenian and Spartan warriors he met on his travels before waking up on the shores of this strange place. The scattered inhabitants of this place referred to it by many names, calling it an "Ark" but all of them having religious, or practical names this Ark specifically. He looked upon its magnificence and thought aloud his own name for it: Elysium. The name stuck for most that met his people.

Now war wages, but it is a different kind of war. One only the scarce survivors of the aberrant Ark knew to relay to those who would face it. It wasn't a war between humans, or a war between herbivores and carnivores. At one time it might have been a war between sky and land. But it was so much more than that now. This was an ongoing war between light and dark. Dare not to compare it to that of good and evil however. The Nameless and the Greater Enemy below are all consuming, but Elysium's new-found "Emperor" is no saint.

The time for faceless, omnipotent threats is done. What was once a powerful hold over the world within Element's grasp is now a vacuum. And vacuums are destined to be filled. "The Devil Below," "The Furious One", "The Mother of Light". The first names etched in the new age of the gods, technological in nature, biological, or otherwise... But in the words of a Greek scholar, one roars louder than the rest of them. A king that even the Element could never master.

"Guardian of the Plates, owner of the sky. Sovereign sentinel; dutiful judicator."

"Pray, those who wake the Master of Gravity, that their lamentation"

"Know a quick end in the skies of Arensun. For this is Elysium,"

"And the god of reality does not sleep blindly."

Just a collection of my thoughts, and its hardly the last of them. I've thought of more mechanical and gameplay-themed ideas for Elysium in recent months, but I thought I'd drop this off here. If its not something you guys are interest in, that's cool. Its always possible I'll get around to making Elysium on my own, but I thought I'd share it either way. What do you think, occasional vagueness aside? Really happy to see the floating plates idea pop into the minds of so many (I say that as if its dozens but even a few others is still gratifying) it makes this dream, however each of ours may differ, seem more plausible in action. :) 

I'm Mo by the way, sorry for the late introduction! Great to be here!

dang that is one incredibly detailed story you could write a book 

after extinction came out I've had an idea of an ark where the landing sequence malfunctioned and this one ark veered out into space and into the atmosphere of a distant planet where the ark fragmented and crashed: The Lost Ark

I made a suggestion for it a while ago and it is still a WIP

but good job on the story 

6 hours ago, Likeitis said:

I was literally thinking about it yesterday, tek plane could have a cargo room for kiting wild tames/ storing your own. But again this is late game, for early game it wouldn't be fun to 'rare flower' kite everything onto land. 

Maybe cages you can attach underneath the islands rocks. Shot with anker points to make it hang. 

Lets say 1 for small cage, 2 for medium, ...

Let me know what u think.

HMMM a hanging platform that would have bolts as anchor supports would be dope new structure type another one would be air balloons that could be attached to a ceiling to give a support feature give it like a 4x4 foundation support radius, they could have a max weight limit, a max structure in range limit like the turrets too to get curve spamming. A late game item could be a tek repulser attached to the bottom of a ceiling give it a 10x10 foundation support and make it so you have to have 4 tek gens in the area for them to have power.

17 hours ago, Likeitis said:

I might have a solution for accidental dismounts, if there was a 'safety' rope you could put into a flier's inventory. Make it so that you can dismount, but when you press (??) you get reeled back onto your tame.

Must be pressed within 2 seconds, and rope breaks after 2-3 uses.

This would make the killzone underneath the islands less extreme, tedious.

oooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo i like that idea.

I might have a solution for accidental dismounts, if there was a 'safety' rope you could put into a flier's inventory. Make it so that you can dismount, but when you press (??) you get reeled back onto your tame.

Must be pressed within 2 seconds, and rope breaks after 2-3 uses.

This would make the killzone underneath the islands less extreme, tedious.

Archived