actually cap mutations

eESTlane

Suggestion

if you follow the feedback, you regularly hear cries about "wiping", to bring the alpha back down to the reality and away from their over-stacked dinos with mutations. 3-5 is plenty. the stat roll for wilds and saddle already bring a variety into the game. if it's colors you want, let them continue, but definitely put an end to stat bonuses.

20 replies to this server topic

10 minutes ago, UsingMinimalEffort said:

If theres a cap on mutations, then once you hit cap, theres no point in breeding. It will take away a huge part of the PVP side and I assume PVE side of ark. It would make fights on PVP very stale and it would come down to who has more dinos to overpower the opposing side.

there's a timestamp issue it appears but yeah, i disagree. even now it's "who has more dinos" and that race wont end, ever. i dpn't even want to hop over to salt omni discord and see if they're popping 400% dmg gigas already. it's lame, but i know why you guys wanna hold onto it. btw, same goes for soaking dinos

59 minutes ago, Lowly said:

Also these hyper stat Dino's ruin the trading aspect as everyone de values perfectly good stats that do the job, stats from a year ago do the same job that stats from today do. Yet try and trade stats from a Year ago on a pve group and they laugh at you telling you the stats are useless and not worth anything which is not true so the current mutation system is already ruining the trading aspects of the game

You also have to think of the people that play on their own in single player or host their own server and have a low player count. Without people to trade with or complete the bosses with, you have to do everything on your own. Having these strong creatures is the only way to fight some of the alpha creatures by yourself, especially alpha rockwell.

1 minute ago, divisd1 said:

You also have to think of the people that play on their own in single player or host their own server and have a low player count. Without people to trade with or complete the bosses with, you have to do everything on your own. Having these strong creatures is the only way to fight some of the alpha creatures by yourself, especially alpha rockwell.

Rockwell is most commonly done with max damage shotguns and regular drakes and shoulderpets

Hyper Dino's on singleplayer? Singleplayer already has different settings to official unless the option is ticked in settings to use multiplayer settings. The max tameable stat on a Rex is 13420 health and 455 melee

Add 20 mutations to health and you are hatching 22000 health and 20 to melee and you are hatching 684 melee, they can beat alpha dragon with a single person, that does not exceed 20 mutations as that's 20 for health and 20 for melee so 20/20 on one side and 20/20 on the other

Heck we beat alpha dragon with 16.8k hp and 613 melee without shotguns, and 1 person imprinted, and if we sat back and used the meta shotgun strategy we could use much lower stats and even tamed stat therizino which almost everybody uses.super hyper Dino's are not needed

18 hours ago, eESTlane said:

no, i'm firm on both platforms. i don't wanna see alpha bosses being done with 3 theris. i assume you skip the unbalance and just take pleasure in the rng stat-rolling game, because i don't see balance in 50k hp and 1k dmg rexes, at BASE.

Are 50k hp and 1k melee Rex's a thing ATM? That sounds too powerful

Just now, eESTlane said:

if you follow the feedback, you regularly hear cries about "wiping", to bring the alpha back down to the reality and away from their over-stacked dinos with mutations. 3-5 is plenty. the stat roll for wilds and saddle already bring a variety into the game. if it's colors you want, let them continue, but definitely put an end to stat bonuses.

Only if they keep this separate from PVE. I can see your point in PVP though.

2 minutes ago, Lowly said:

Rockwell is most commonly done with max damage shotguns and regular drakes and shoulderpets

Hyper Dino's on singleplayer? Singleplayer already has different settings to official unless the option is ticked in settings to use multiplayer settings. The max tameable stat on a Rex is 13420 health and 455 melee

Add 20 mutations to health and you are hatching 22000 health and 20 to melee and you are hatching 684 melee, they can beat alpha dragon with a single person, that does not exceed 20 mutations as that's 20 for health and 20 for melee so 20/20 on one side and 20/20 on the other

Heck we beat alpha dragon with 16.8k hp and 613 melee without shotguns, and 1 person imprinted, and if we sat back and used the meta shotgun strategy we could use much lower stats and even tamed stat therizino which almost everybody uses.super hyper Dino's are not needed

If you want to take the time to breed these high stat dinos, you should be able to have them. I don't really see what the issue is here.Just because you don't like the high number of mutations dinos can have doesn't mean that other players won't either. Let people play how they want and stop complaining. Lots of people play just to see what mutations they can get.

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

While mutations are technically not capped, stats actually are since creatures cannot have more than 255 points per stat which in the end means mutations are capped. For example you start with a clean melee of 55 points, you can only get 100 mutations into it then it is capped.

i know a smartazz when i see one.

so you would like that beast of a monster in the game? do you not see the game isn't balanced out for such a creature? why would you want to kill the pve aspect of the game? i mean nothing threatening is out there compared to your side of the garage, one-chomping everything.

9 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

I can't support this for PVE. Half the fun of the PVE end game is hyperbreeding dinos to do ridiculous things like a troodon army killing dragon. (I might have to start a troodon breeding program now--this sounds hilarious). Plus you're really hurting solo PVE tribes who need to do more with less--they can't have 10 people on rockdrakes to kill Rockwell, for example.

But for PVP? Yeah. I get that. It would help level the playing field. But this is a good reason why we want separate balance changes.

even though i didn't support spreading apart the 2 gamemodes as one to me was a gateway to the other, i can now see there aren't many like me. pve can and actually needs to be balanced differently. still, i would imagine roleplayers would prefer some reality so...no. cap those mutations :P

btw, are you aware of rags dungeon bosses? depending on how many people enter the chamber, the higher lvl the boss will be. wouldn't it be hard to do the same for those element dropping IMPORTANT bosses? i know a vast majority of pve tribes are actually solo, since the dino caps also promote it, so they could definitely need a helping hand. 

5 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

i know a smartazz when i see one.

so you would like that beast of a monster in the game? do you not see the game isn't balanced out for such a creature? why would you want to kill the pve aspect of the game? i mean nothing threatening is out there compared to your side of the garage, one-chomping everything.

This does bring longevity to the game. People play different ways and enjoy different aspects of the game.

14 minutes ago, divisd1 said:

If you want to take the time to breed these high stat dinos, you should be able to have them. I don't really see what the issue is here.Just because you don't like the high number of mutations dinos can have doesn't mean that other players won't either. Let people play how they want and stop complaining. Lots of people play just to see what mutations they can get.

Im not complaining though :) I was just holding a dialog

2 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Only if they keep this separate from PVE. I can see your point in PVP though.

no, i'm firm on both platforms. i don't wanna see alpha bosses being done with 3 theris. i assume you skip the unbalance and just take pleasure in the rng stat-rolling game, because i don't see balance in 50k hp and 1k dmg rexes, at BASE.

• Volunteer Moderator

While mutations are technically not capped, stats actually are since creatures cannot have more than 255 points per stat which in the end means mutations are capped. For example you start with a clean melee of 55 points, you can only get 100 mutations into it then it is capped.

1 hour ago, Lowly said:

Are 50k hp and 1k melee Rex's a thing ATM? That sounds too powerful

you made me do it. a quick skim on a couple of discords and seems people pop 25k+ rexes with over 900dmg. i may have over-exaggerated a little previously (out of the loop estimate) but still, the increase per ranking is percentual, meaning they go retarded pretty fast. 

16 hours ago, divisd1 said:

Leave mutations how they are, at least in PVE. They are fine in their current state. It takes a long time to breed up rexes worth taking on alpha bosses, so its worth having more mutations.

Im currently raising tamed stat Dino's to prove that every alpha on official servers can be beaten with tamed stats, 

We have previously beaten all bosses but not recorded the fights. So hyper breeding is not needed to beat alpha spider monkey dragon manticore center or ragnarok

16 hours ago, divisd1 said:

Leave mutations how they are, at least in PVE. They are fine in their current state. It takes a long time to breed up rexes worth taking on alpha bosses, so its worth having more mutations.

Also these hyper stat Dino's ruin the trading aspect as everyone de values perfectly good stats that do the job, stats from a year ago do the same job that stats from today do. Yet try and trade stats from a Year ago on a pve group and they laugh at you telling you the stats are useless and not worth anything which is not true so the current mutation system is already ruining the trading aspects of the game

16 hours ago, eESTlane said:

even though i didn't support spreading apart the 2 gamemodes as one to me was a gateway to the other, i can now see there aren't many like me. pve can and actually needs to be balanced differently. still, i would imagine roleplayers would prefer some reality so...no. cap those mutations :P

btw, are you aware of rags dungeon bosses? depending on how many people enter the chamber, the higher lvl the boss will be. wouldn't it be hard to do the same for those element dropping IMPORTANT bosses? i know a vast majority of pve tribes are actually solo, since the dino caps also promote it, so they could definitely need a helping hand. 

Variable level with no cap on level and difficulty so you can choose to summon harder and harder bosses for more element reward

Gamma has a base value

Beta typically is 2x harder for 2x payout

Alpha is 3x harder for 4x payout

Imagine a echelon 1 4x harder for a 6x payout

Echelon2 5x harder for a 8x payout

And scaling so on, eventually requiring mutliple artefact sets and increased number of tributes

I can't support this for PVE. Half the fun of the PVE end game is hyperbreeding dinos to do ridiculous things like a troodon army killing dragon. (I might have to start a troodon breeding program now--this sounds hilarious). Plus you're really hurting solo PVE tribes who need to do more with less--they can't have 10 people on rockdrakes to kill Rockwell, for example.

But for PVP? Yeah. I get that. It would help level the playing field. But this is a good reason why we want separate balance changes.

Archived