Training for ALL baby dinos

Caerbannog

Suggestion

8 replies to this server topic

On 5/21/2019 at 3:56 AM, MajesticHobbit said:

Yes I agree with this but also think it should be balanced.

Higher tier dinos could require consumable items for training maybe? The higher tier the dino the more expensive the item is

Why? Imprinting work dinos is necessary (better people than I have done the math) and it's still a an unhealthy system that punishes you for being casual. 

Don't get me wrong: cryopods were a huuuge qol addition to baby raising, as was changing the timer to 8 hours. But raising big dinos is already brutal enough. They are already needlessly long to pull out of baby phase (28 rl hours? Seriously? Not healthy at all), and already needlessly long to raise, at 11.5 days and 34 imprints. There is no reason to add even more tedium or abusive mechanics.

All I'm asking for is wiggle room on imprinting. To help with oopsies. To take the stress off. I don't really understand the big hang up.

To put things into perspective, I play PVE. I'm currently imprinting 23 OSD gigas--because if I'm going to suffer through this ordeal, I'm going to make sure I have enough gigas to last me for 4-5 months of shenanigans. ( I like to push game mechanics boundaries and do silly things, don't judge.)

However imprinting more than 3-4 gigas at a go pretty much means none will make it to 100% because you lose time on walks. It's very frustrating to put up with this for 2 weeks/3weeks (cryopods while at work) and only make it to 97%. 

I want to get rewarded for my suffering. I want 100% and less stress. If people try-hard and train every 2 hours and get done with imprinting in 8 days instead of 11...... Does it really matter?  The act itself is more than sufficient enough to be balanced. We don't need to add extra consumables for this. ❤️

Would be cool to see saddles for Juvi Dino’s so they get used to weight of saddles that get bigger as they grow then have adolescent with a few item slots say for ankylo and some other construction Dino’s to get used to overweight saddle - could increase strength which would allow them to melee harder and get more carry weight increase at cost for more food eaten during training with torpor meter that goes up if over trained with detrimental effects to overall stats would give us something to do between imprints while still interacting with baby Dino’s.

Pitter patter, WildCard.

5 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

However imprinting more than 3-4 gigas at a go pretty much means none will make it to 100% because you lose time on walks. It's very frustrating to put up with this for 2 weeks/3weeks (cryopods while at work) and only make it to 97%. 

Yeah.  It's frustrating to imprint Gigas knowing if you are 10 minutes off of one single imprint over 12 days, you don't get 100%.

I would love to see this option. I have been discussing with my tribe and allies and we all feel this would help the game. Those of us who work full time find it difficult to get 100% on anything that takes longer than a weekend to raise. Gigas take several months to raise when you leave them out over night and pod them in the morning after imprints. Even still they are difficult to get 100% on.  If training isn't an option, an expensive potion that can be fed to the dino would be be another way to help.

Any way we can help keep the long raise dinos out to mature.

Anyway great suggestion! You have my vote!

Archived