The point of TEK Replicator BP?

SLI_Fallen

I don't understand the point of the TEK Replicator BP in the OSD drops.

It seemed (at least to me)  the purpose of it being there was for people starting on Extinction fresh, or, not done a boss fight elsewhere, could craft one here. Especially since (mostly) any Enforcer higher than journeyman cannot be crafted at a city terminal. Not enough slots. 

But the confusion only deepens.

The thing is, You cant craft it...anywhere. Not at a city terminal, not in the cave loot crates, not the smithy, not the fabricator...NOWHERE. (even the wiki says this may be bugged as the BP info says it can be crafted in a "supply crate").

Also hearing that even if you COULD craft it, unless you already have the engram learned from fighting a boss, you cant open it?!?

Which brings me full circle to the point.. what *IS* the point of even that BP AT ALL? if you already need to have learned it to use it. WHY IS IT THERE.

Then again it really doesn't matter since you CANT CRAFT IT. 

We just cant make this stuff up folks. Wildcard, you are the best!

It is an item that I think is supposed to award the recipient a Replicator Engram unlock, enabling it to be built in the places you listed.  However, since Day One release of Extinction, it has (to the best of my recollection) failed to unlock the Replicator Engram for people picking it up.  I personally picked up three of them in total from yellow drops on my Extinction character, and only actually unlocked the Replicator Engram once I participated in a public-oriented Desert Titan kill on my server.

@Cedric

Why is the item still in the game?  We don't know, SLI.  Is it an item they decided to not enable, but decided to leave in the game or forgot to take out of the loot table for drops?  Is it still bugged to this day, and they intend on enabling it in a few years?  It is very likely that we will never ever know!

I dont understand why they even said everyone would be able to create a cryofridge to store dino's for better server performance.

Well if we cant get a tek replicator without a boss fight we will never get the cryofridge.

wich makes me wonder why the cryofridge is a normal unlock (everyone can learn it without having the tek section)

14 hours ago, SLI_Fallen said:

I don't understand the point of the TEK Replicator BP in the OSD drops.

It seemed (at least to me)  the purpose of it being there was for people starting on Extinction fresh, or, not done a boss fight elsewhere, could craft one here. Especially since (mostly) any Enforcer higher than journeyman cannot be crafted at a city terminal. Not enough slots. 

But the confusion only deepens.

The thing is, You cant craft it...anywhere. Not at a city terminal, not in the cave loot crates, not the smithy, not the fabricator...NOWHERE. (even the wiki says this may be bugged as the BP info says it can be crafted in a "supply crate").

Also hearing that even if you COULD craft it, unless you already have the engram learned from fighting a boss, you cant open it?!?

Which brings me full circle to the point.. what *IS* the point of even that BP AT ALL? if you already need to have learned it to use it. WHY IS IT THERE.

Then again it really doesn't matter since you CANT CRAFT IT. 

We just cant make this stuff up folks. Wildcard, you are the best!

It was added when they first started but has been disabled since and they never removed it. Go defeat a boss if you want the replicator they aren’t even hard 

Archived