Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

On 2/5/2021 at 7:52 AM, oflow said:

game has been out for 5 going on six years. instead an across the board wipe maybe play arkpocalypse or wait for ark 2?

Yes I started the game last week and discovered the Arkpocalypse servers a few days ago when looking for servers that were fresh. I didn't realize they wipe regularly...

Nonetheless the current state of the game makes it feel like these Arkpocalypse servers are the only option for those of us just coming to the game. Seems a bit strange but what can you do.

I would say, rather than wiping the servers, just bring new ones up a couple of times a year or something. Give those of us who didn't play the game before a chance to enjoy it as well no?

Doesn't seem like too much to ask...

I believe it is a good time to exhumate this topic)
Maybe in 2019 it was too early to wipe but now I believe official servers are depopulated enough. Maybe there are few people who still prefer to sit on endless piles of super-mutated dinos and millions of stacks of element but who cares? They are just some old people tired of life)
Gift them an entertainment of starting anew!

i agree i think all servers need a wipe, get rid of huge buildings no one uses, dinos that are over bred and give players something too grind for again. i always love starting on a new map is released as we have the 3 months of no extra crap as soon as they open people spam all their stuff in at once and break the servers. lag, crashes it ruins the game. i think it may also stop alot of the real money trading too if the servers keep getting wiped, will make it hard to hold land that is pillared off for sale.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:45 AM, MichaelJanus said:

I believe it is a good time to exhumate this topic)
Maybe in 2019 it was too early to wipe but now I believe official servers are depopulated enough. Maybe there are few people who still prefer to sit on endless piles of super-mutated dinos and millions of stacks of element but who cares? They are just some old people tired of life)
Gift them an entertainment of starting anew!

Arkpoc 

Guys I am here with this suggestion because I dont have much time for playing Ark, and almost every time I play is solo/duo/trio, me and my friends always leave because cant handle with the raids and high level 5000+ days character.

So here it is:

Make 6 new Official servers with 2x taming/exp/harvesting that are going to be wiped every six months.

There's alot of servers with 0~~5 active players, this will make new and old players that leave the game for playing again.

Consider it please, sorry for bad english I am brazilian.

thanks.

They should allow the people who were punished to play again some people cannot access the game and their character who never did anything wrong, and this has happened to thousands of players entire 70 player tribes most people never return to ark because it can take up to a year to redo bosses and redo everything all over again.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:06 PM, BertNoobians said:

its the big tribes and wanna bee arkers from other servers that ruin the lives of the beginners in pvp ark. i fly around almost every day and see the horror of blown in little starter bases. this is something our tribe doesnt do , only the scumbag tribes. ths is why a little tribe cant grow to the top. toxic behaviour wont change with a devwipe. its also to easy to offline raid right now. small tribes cant protect themselfs. has nothing to do with dino stats that are to high that need to be reset.

Small tribe or just beginning players need an offline raid protection or someway to prevent the megas from attacking them.

So I was sat talking with a few of my tribe mates, and a thought that crossed my mind was what makes us build in caves.

Like why do we do it ??

And it seems that with the insane amount of HP (on soakers) and also that of titans that came with extinction, along with a few other tools but namely the latter. We decided it was too hazardous outdoors because of these things, along with offline timers. Other than that the biggest worry on xbox at least was meshing (but this doesnt matter) if your outside or in a cave, tbf if they can get you they will with no remorse.

So the next question after that was how can we bring back the life to ARK SE ???

Immediately a full server wipe came to mind (BUT) its important to note it would be a regular wipe of say every 2 years, I am aware that breeding and stats take a lot of time and effort even with todays knowledge and tools. However the aim here is to preserve the traditional ARK SE way of life without allowing dinos to get so crazy it forces cave warfare and hiding away. But with this time frame it still allows for mutations and competition between rival tribes giving some an edge, but also a new lease on life that allows for a fresh start for all across the board maintaining some of the original excitement.

With out extreme wipes happening every 5 minutes because nobody wants that, not when they have weeks months of worth of work invested. 
But i think around a 2 years marker is a good buffer, anyone elses thoughts ??

I have an idea based on the high performance of beginner servers.  They out perform regular pve servers because they wipe; cleaning the map and giving it new room.  I want this for SOME NOT ALL regular servers.  They could have the word Wipe in the title so no mistake what you've joined.  In addition these wipe servers should increase breeding rates.  Breeding rates hurt the worse on official; not gather cause gather is part of the game play dynamic.  These wipe servers should not allow to bring in pets or items like a new map.  To make them different from beginner servers they would not have a level cap; so beginner can still fulfill specific niche in Ark.

What you think?

every single pvp server i roll into, mostly LDL even if they average 3 pop for 2 weeks has some built up mega tribe that never stops breeding and building, some servers have upwords of 9000 turrets , you cannot compete with them if you so much as fly the wrong way they will wipe you, i think a LDL wipe would not only bring back a lot of players but allow for some hype for ark 2, even if everyone says ''hard work will be ruined'' your the only only dam tribe on the server you should of played pve, or if people want to cry add an additional 1 ldl server for every map,

these changes need to happen the game is not in a healthy place there is a reason all games wipe at some point

41 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

wipe isn't fixing anything. dinos will be over-mutated again in no time. get a solution for that and then maybe ask for a clear slate...or new servers

i think its fine that they can get that good but by the time they get to that point a server reset is normal needed cuz servers are dead. if they cap mutes ppl wont breed that much so i think no cap

• Like 1

To touch on your mention of "stale gameplay". I think the introduction of different game modes and a deep story mode would help greatly. I posted a suggestion for different game mode ideas for people to post to if you want to stem off of that idea, click my profile, I haven't posted much yet and it'll be easy to find or just follow this URL 

Edited by InfernalDecay

3 hours ago, Krazeehhh said:

I have 6.5k hours on official pvp, does that make me new?  I would love a wipe.

Im in one of the biggest tribes on PC PvP
WyvhnYW.png

i play official pvp for a year now and soon you may come across a dino i made. it sadly leaked and these stats will soon be the standard for all tribes except for a few big ones. these stats where a lot of work to but a lot of smaller tribes will benefit from it with the bossfights greatly. making the little tribes stronger.

you must also know that big tribes will rise from the ashes super fast. a wipe means nothing for pvp. our tribe restarted from scratch 2 times. devwiped just because of 1 player each time. only took a couple of days to get an abb base running with 25 indus forges.

yss accepts everybody though.

Edited by BertNoobians
  • Like 1