Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

Judging by the Legacy-->Official, and when Small tribes was released, it's obvious how much fun there can be had when the main game itself is wiped or has new servers. However before this can happen again, there really needs to be more measures taken for various issues such as duping, character loss etc. Economy and resource management should be a key part of the game, but it's not, and hasn't been for a while now. Genesis didn't help in the slightest, people were able to get mass points, dupe their character, and essentially have infinite of any resource found in the Hexagon Exchange. Likewise, people are still using their duped materials from over a year ago. 

The legit players gets filtered over time naturally when these things aren't fixed. If you look at Small tribes on PC right now, basically every 'big' tribe is cheating one way or another. Legit tribes simply cannot compete. It's like people are actively trying to break every single dot point found on the Code of Conduct.

So yeah, a wipe is really needed if you want to see legit players come back to the game. 

I think a more interesting solution might be to do a new dino balance patch much like they did in early access.  This wouldn't require a wipe and simply rebalance damage and health down a certain order of magnitude where needed.  I think the biggest issue on official is that if you are new you have to resort to insiding, stealing, trading, or whatever to try to get lines to be able to defend yourself and use offensively.  If you have 0 options to acquire new lines you have a substantial weakness in either defense or offense.  

There could be a way to solve this that is somewhat helpful.  Allow leveling tamed/imprinted dinos to boost health, damage, weight, stam quite a bit.  Also, boost gains in stats from imprinting dinos.  At the same time reduce gains from mutations in each category down to much lower levels.  Those with a lot of mutations would still have more health and damage but not at such a level that is ridiculous.  This would allow people to get set up possibly as a newer tribe, tame, breed and imprint, and then level up and have something decent to defend or be offensive with possibly.  It might need further balance after that as well, but it might be a way to solve that issue.  

This could also allow more to build up and hopefully make pvp servers even more active with more people feeling they can now survive and join in on the fun.

Edited by Chewytowel

On 7/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, CrazyGoldMiner said:

No tribe should control ANY SERVER PVE or PvP. They are public. I see on my PVE server 3 tribes that have pillared off masses of land. Report it and nothing happens. They sell land or come near you and pillar near you so you can’t expand out. No one should have the feeling they own blue ob and tell people that they must pay them before they can do a boss fight at that ob. That’s not how it is supposed to work but is the way I am seeing it on several servers. 

only wcs should be in control over their servers. No player or tribe should own any part of the map or caves. I’ve seen pillars near very rich resources and I’m fine with that it stops people from spawn killing  however to pillar off a radius all around an entire rich area that no one could build on and enough room to build 20 huge bass is bull crap! Then selling land or making people ask if they can build here or there. Stupid and toxic 

true. this game is broken. yesterday, i builded a small base with 20 auto turrets. these tribes were teaming to destroy it in one day. i wasnt a threat for the server. they have alot of dino's. like 400 plus mana's,gigas and so on. its impossible to play as a newcomer or returner. duping, cheating and meshing still excists. WC do not care. they wont devwipe people, even with proofen images. they need to fix the game and then devwipe all servers. i payed for this game including all dlc for pc, xbox and ps4. im not be able to build up! so they should refund, all the gamers that are not be able to build up and play. i spended like 200 euro's in this game. got meshed in 6 severs. so we ended up with nothing. everytime we start, we got smashed in 10 hours. its impossible to play against these excisting tribes. they wont let u build up. they are the boss of the server!!! so wc should fix the game or refund me, for all platforms that i payed for!

Edited by pvg103breda
  • Like 1

pls wipe all servers. its not playable for newcomers or returning players. i played like 5k hours on pc version, but when we want to restart, we get wiped after 1 hour everytime we try. its not possible for us to play. wildcard should refund our money, as we cant startover on smalltribes official. duping, cheating and meshing should be fixed first, otherwise it would be pointless and the problems will come again

Why would I join a game and do all the work playing the game like looting and breeding if I know that the eventually the server will be wiped??? To be honest right now I am already questioning myself whether or not its even worth start playing on official servers, just because of this thread.

Its not that there servers need wiped its all the mega alliances that need to be taking out I think 40 man tribe with only 1 alliance between 2 tribes should be maximum and ive played ark seance scorched earth was released but have never been able to get a week into the game without mega alliances taking me out and loosing it all I like pvp but if I attack someone who is more established than me and win they just call their 4000 ark friends to attack me and my maby 10 man tribe and their base is back up in less than a day I have over a hundred friends who will never play ark again just because of the mega alliances alot of these people who want a wipe is because of this reason its not the dinosaur stats or anything else they just want a fair chance at the game but 30 man tribe cant take out 4000 man alliances 

Of course the PVP serv needs a wipe.

Why?
-Because too many bugs were exploited, like duplicate.
-Because the breeds are too old for new players.

We don't need a wipe on ALL PVP server. Just a WIPE on few PVP servers without cross. And it will be ok for all.

Why WILDCARD doesn't want a wipe?
Maybe because they like to sell dinos to the frustrated players?
A really huge and profitable market for them $$.

If they listened to the players, they would have wiped since a long time the few PVP servers. it's really simple for them.
They just don't want it ^^ that's why all my friends and me leave this game.

I look at the news sometimes  for an inesperate wipe ^^ but it never comes.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

A wipe wouldn't fix anything. Ark's official servers are notoriously unbalanced, as we know, and the middle-game of ark basically disappears on PVP servers because when you join you are either killed repeatedly, never being allowed out of the early game, or you immediately join an alpha tribe, putting you in the late game, essentially removing the actual central gameplay loop. It's a really glaring problem that should have been addressed long before this game was officially released. 

One of the things people subconsciously, or consciously, love about ark is just how powerful you are by the end of the game compared to the beginning of the game. It's a system that means that basically, you could play for hundreds of hours and still have a ladder to climb. It's great in that way. *Really* bad for the type of competitive multiplayer system they currently have.

The best solution I can think of is to make PVP conditional and inconsequential. Instead of having servers that are always PVP-central, have servers that have "PVP days." These would basically be just what they sound like, days on which players can engage in PVP, destroy each others bases, kill each others dinos etc. Once the PVP day is over the server is reloaded and anything that was destroyed or killed is back the way it was.

A wipe isn't going to fix gameplay. It's just going to reset the marathon and yes it will cause lots of people to leave after losing their progress on breeding. 

Mind you, I strongly disagree with breeding being that time consuming. Everyone should have a reason to dip their toes into breeding and have little baby dinos running around. I think all dino should have a reason to raise them. I dont like the way stats work with levels. Would there be any point to raising a baby phiomia? I think it should have a purpose in-game, in order to leverage that part of the game. Also it really doesnt make sense players need to manually feed a baby Hyenadon. Why can't the mother feed her own pups? Also why doesn't she, and certain other dinos, have litters?

Anyways, what needs to happen is the game needs to be focused into more players-online between tribes. That's what you're really asking for here, you want fair competition with people at your level. If you had that resets wouldn't be required.

Yes it's a problem that alpha tribes get rich and stay rich. After 5 years, having 100,000,000 C4 back at your base is in fact boring. But the solution is not to wipe. The solution is to make PVP engaging. If that happens, which is what this server wipe is actually angling for, then it doesn't matter how much C4 you have.

Edited by Zoopshab

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Nobody is forcing you to play it. You can simply move on.

true, but i paid for this game and cant play because of this cheating/duping behavior. its impossible to build up in this game as a returning/new player. the game is fun, but the cheaters ruined it! the devs are responsible to fix the game....saying that nobody force me to play, is just running away from the facts

On 5/1/2019 at 11:01 AM, Quilleute said:

The only ones , that want a wipe its the damn kids that always are winning about something , instead of playing the game. I play the game for 3 years and dont have any problem with my evolution and i still have much to work for

. Just because , you are too lazy to work for your stuff and want everything for yesterday , i dont have to be punished by all that posture of yours.

My server is constantly with 20+ people on, and everyday new players start on my server, 1 out of 10 succed and keep playing, cause all the others only know beg and ask for stuff, and we dont support that kind of attitude .

I just started playing again after two years of never getting raided on a offical pvp island map. My friends and i didnt ask for anything, We would say hello to people we saw and that was about it. We would get on in shifts. Tame, build, gather. 4 days in a mega tribe wiped us and all the smaller tribes on the server due to "too many people on the server" ie 50 people. So, its back to just them and one other tribe theyre friends with. So, i wouldnt say its people being too lazy. Although i agree i did see a lot of people asking for stuff. Thats not the case for everyone playing. This was also the 4th time moving around to find a sever.

So, i can understand why newer people would feel like its unplayable. 

Edited by Candielette