Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

11 minutes ago, Hazardousbread said:

Arkpoc only lasts a month, and those other ones are only available on pc. I’m offering a suggestion for some servers that are mostly dead and ruled by one tribe.

They might as while just add a wipe cycle to all official PvP servers.

It's either got to be a hard no wipe policy or a specific wipe cycle, not some between.

As for crossark clusters, form a team and take back the cluster. It's a challenge.

Dude123, PVP in Ark is too much evil. Seriously those who enjoy wiping others' 1000s of hours of work, they really have problem in their mind. That's why I never joined in any PVP server. You can start playing PVE where sometimes it might be hard to get place but WildCard releasing multiple new maps every year and some maps becoming empty because of new map. Just got Genesis part 1 map and Crystal Isles is upcoming official map. So you always getting chance to start new with others. Why still expect wipe? Center, Scorched Earth & Aberration maps are much empty nowaday.

I played on legacy PvP servers before the new (current) cluster was released. Everyone was excited for the new cluster, but didn't realize that it would literally kill the legacy servers. They didn't wipe them, but they might as well have. They were ghost towns, all of them 0 or 1 players online. Starting over sounds fun now, but trust me, it's not. It was fun for the first week or two, when everyone is running around on the beach with stone tools and the servers don't lag, but a couple weeks in you will realize this is not what you wanted. Theirs better solutions then a full wipe.

As a member of a midsize tribe (10-15 daily actives), I would love a wipe because it would bring back early game pvp for a week or 3, but I can guarantee it won't change anything. The bigger tribe always wins. No matter if its with 1st generation dinos or 615+ gigas. It literally doesn't matter. With more people to go out to tame, harvest, scout, and raid there is not a single thing that a solo or 3 man tribe can do to combat that. Solo/small tribes will never make it on official pvp in the long term. They'll never have the big alpha base. They'll never be at the top. Only possible exception to this is if you had a tribe of 3 in different time zones that had a Valg oil cave (oil cave OP) and a crab.

Best thing new players can do is try to cuddle up to the alpha on their server. Maybe they'll toss a couple old generation dinos your way and offer some protection when outside enemies show up.

If you're not willing to do that, I suggest an unofficial server that has solo/2 man/3 man options.

Beach Bobs will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks up-to a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months. 

Just because you suck at gaming or bought the game recently, doesn't mean everyone else has to lose everything for you. What about new map's coming? Where the hell are you all time when a new fresh map release?

Not a great idea, I’m new. I have played only for 4 months and I’m still prepairing to tame a quetzal. Actually I have breeded almost all dinos including rexes and basilosaurs. My most mutated dino has 7 mutations and it is a tapejara. A wipe will kill my illusion  and would give me a deception for all the time lost. 

I would have to agree with the wipe all PVP servers because now that ark has fixed most of the cheating ways of duping and meshing, it would give a fair chance to everyone to get to alpha status. Plus all the tribes that are on official right now cheated there way to the top and I know this because I played in a mega tribe for about a year and duping was a constant thing. And before that my tribes would always get meshes. 

How about wipe the main cluster servers that are DEAD there are over 60+ pvp ps4 servers that have a pop of 0 alll day through the week an another 40+ servers with 1-2 people on it all those could be wiped let the tribes upload an transfer  an create a whole new cluster a whole new experience an start with no transferring in with dinos or characters that weren’t tamed on the server it could be a whole new start to ark that would bring many new and old back to play cause let’s all be honest there’s no way a tribe of 4 can start out on ab official or small tribes an not get wiped Instant by the Huge tribes 

All the cries are from PVP players. If you really want to play PVP, face it like a Hero/Heroine. Don't ask for Developers like a Coward to help you wiping others work. Because you don't have the ability to fight other PVP players. If you are really cannot survive PVP, then why do your ass always want to play PVP? Why don't you try playing in PVE? And we are getting new maps every year. Where the hell are you when a new map is released? Why don't you try in a fresh map when it is released?

I've been playing Ark since it came out and I'll say it isn't supposed to be all politics and death arena... There's a story behind the game and some people like to explore. Defending is ok and PvP is fun breeding and getting to the max is fun but holy the guy's that are only here for the PvP and are toxic are just too much. You want to know why a wipe is good? Is cause equality in the game will bring more players even possibly bring back older player's. The meshing is still and issue (official PvP). Hell you can't even be a bob on the island without some MEK destroying your thatch hut now. No I'm big on please wipe it all and I'm stacked with Tek. Wiping wouldn't be a bad decision and for the guy's that's against it I'm sure have either a huge base or a few servers full of tames and loot but it's more so of the money they make that is their reason to why they don't want a wipe. Either way wipe all servers fresh and watch how people come back the game is good and exploring is fun, I want that experience again without the megatribe fear that me and my guys cast on new player's. People want equality.

18 minutes ago, Caeleb1234 said:

Wipe official severs

i think the severs should be wiped  to give all players a chance 

when you bulid a base alpha will just raid or someone 10x stronger then you

so players dont get to experience to have a base 

Why not upvote this suggestion, instead of making a new thread?

Or just choose official servers that do wipe on a schedule.

6 hours ago, UncleBangie said:

Don't wipe, just change the odds on mutations to be considerably more likely when the parents have few mutations. Change it enough so new tribes can get close enough to at least compete a little after a few months breeding, even if they'll never actually fully catch up.

um.......

if you are in pve, then you usually trade eggs
if you are in pvp, then you usually steal eggs and cryo pods
i have never seen any tribe catch up by mutating creatures themselves.......

On 4/25/2019 at 7:06 PM, BertNoobians said:

its the big tribes and wanna bee arkers from other servers that ruin the lives of the beginners in pvp ark. i fly around almost every day and see the horror of blown in little starter bases. this is something our tribe doesnt do , only the scumbag tribes. ths is why a little tribe cant grow to the top. toxic behaviour wont change with a devwipe. its also to easy to offline raid right now. small tribes cant protect themselfs. has nothing to do with dino stats that are to high that need to be reset.

I agree entirely. I tried PvP on many occasions. New lvl 1 on new servers. I tried for months and I couldn’t get past spawning in. These toxic pieces of crap would sit on spawn locations or even build at or near spawn locations and you would be killed immediately. I tried again when genesis rolled out and was even worse. I had a small 3x3 base, started in thatch and was wiped 20 mins after I finished the building. Came on the next day to find when I logged off I was raided. All they got was NOTHING. so I said screw it and went PVE. Much better environment but still toxic as we have kiters and duper’s. I’m sick of the duping! I’m no where near an alpha tribe, but have worked my butt off to get what I have and where I am and I’m 1 of the 4 largest bases on my server. I breed and raise a lot and would be pissed I’d we gotta wiped just because someone comes who doesn’t want to work to get where I got, can start equal to me. I started at 1 3 years ago and now 107, I need tek cave and ab fight. I’ve done all the others, then I can be level 130+. 

wipjng won’t solve anything. Kiting and raiding people when they first start is chicken poop. It disgusts me to watch these guys post YouTube videos raiding small bases. Especially ones who wait till they log off and raid them. And yeah I know small bases can be massive in loot, but when it’s made of wood or stone and it’s a small 2x2 or 4x4 jeez. And they gloat that they just raided this small base who was offline and had no way to defend themselves. Way to go! 

Edited by CrazyGoldMiner

Wipe official servers or have altered servers

I can see why the ark devs don't want to wipe official servers but I also see why they should. Official has gotten so over powered that you can't get on a server where the alpha or big tribe doesn't have insanely mutated dinos and op blueprints. They don't want to do a wipe because the big tribes would rage quit "They've put in the time and effort in our game and we don't want to wipe them". There are people that have been playing since the beginning and have put in as much time, possibly even more that some alphas trying to build up but have never managed because they always get wiped right away. I still think all official servers need a wipe and if alphas rage quit then so what? they get a taste of their own medicine. ...Or have connected servers to official and small tribes that gets wipe every month or so meaning nobody can get too big but give new players a chance to learn how the game works. Transfers will be allowed off but never on, so even freshly wiped people can go there to build up again and then leave to go back on their regular server. I'm aware there are servers that constantly wipe and that's not what i'm talking about, these would allow people to learn the game, meet new people, get PvP skills, etc. There would be many benefits to this and would make the game much more enjoyable if you had to start out fresh again.

TL;DR Official is too overpowered a wipe should be done, or put new servers which gets constantly wiped that are connected to official/small tribe that you can't transfer stuff onto ever but you can transfer stuff off making it more fair for the little guy.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:47 AM, Weiss said:

I don't care if pvp servers are wiped, but I don't want my pve servers wiped.

Well PvP is different that PvE, Its about the imbalance of the PvP state, while in PvE you just build things, we are not talking about PvE cause I don't see a reason to wipe them however, I've been playing PvP since full release and think a wipe is necessary, Im only in highschool so I don't have the time like others do to build and protect my base, I can't stay on all day and night grinding turrets defeneses, breeding dinos, etc. Its all a hassle and I hate seeing so many people leaving the game I love which is why I am all for a wipe, even if I had top state Gigas, Rhinos, and so on.

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

They have the altered servers in the form of beginners servers. Believe they wipe every 3 months or maybe 6. You can transfer out but not on. Should cover everything you are looking for.

I know about the beginner servers I mean ones just like the reg servers, on beginner I think cap survivor or dino level is like lvl 30 or something so what Im referring to is ones where max lvl is 150 and 105, sorry if I didn't make it clear enough/ known

New players have no hope of competing against alpha/mega tribes that have merged.

They form toxic cliques and pick off those who have recently joined a new official cluster. 

Certain people are even abusing the mesh behind caves to soak up bullets without taking any damage. 

This isn't what the game was designed to be. Why are you choosing not to do anything when players continue to abuse multiple exploits? 

If you don't want to wipe the servers then patch up your games and do a roll back, so things can be fair evenly across the board. 

At least survey your players and let them all vote on whether or not they want official servers to be wiped. 

On 7/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, Galaxyheart said:

TL;DR Official is too overpowered a wipe should be done, or put new servers which gets constantly wiped that are connected to official/small tribe that you can't transfer stuff onto ever but you can transfer stuff off making it more fair for the little guy.

The last wipe + the conquest servers + the classic server has proven that even with a wipe the little guy stands no chance because they are not willing to go to the lengths these mega alliances will go to. If you are a little guy you are not going to Ddos you are not going to dupe you are not going try and slot cap a server after using a program to check steam profiles and learn when the enemy has their least amount of players on. 

The same players stand at the pinnacle of Ark as those who were standing at the pinnacle of ark back during legacy. During conquest during classic and so on. You need core gameplay mechanics changed if a wipe to happen to improve the game.

The dev's are never going to make meaningful changes to the game that will improve PvP because it means ruining the game for their larger audience the PvE community. 

You need to just suck it up join a mega and accept that you play it like that or you will be wiped weekly if not daily.