Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

lmao, probably stupidest suggestion I've ever seen. I guess Wildcard is more than happy to schedule server wipe every year or month. It's going to save lots money for running servers. Cause people will just quit for doing same thing over and over again. Lol, how many time do you want to breed a rex from 200 to 1k? Oh, and you don't know about the level cap? how long have you played the game? 1 day or 2 days? Go and play unofficial or single player where you can just delete your game save everyday lol.

Edited by DC9413

23 minutes ago, Labriel said:

Server reset

All official servers should be reset and wiped. I own a whole server and it is boring that pvp is based around people who already built big and own mega tribes. I dont go around killing new player but the old player make it impossible for new player to enjoy the game and start over and  this is the reason why the games is dying. Some people think that resetting the servers would kill the game even more, but most of the people that think this way are people with mega bases and alliances. Resetting the servers will give new players a chance at the game and pvp will skyrocket. I already own a massive base and dont need this, but I want the game to be fun again!

Then tear down your base and open up the server again. You have that option. 

Stop with the game is dying stuff too. Game's been dying since Legacy, apparently, yet there it is in the top 10 on steam every month. 

Anybody who wants a wipe is free to wipe themselves and start over. Nature of the sandbox. 

They will lose more players than they gain if they full wipe.

Frankly, official PVE servers, especially P+ PVE on ps4 need to to be wiped if not shut down entirely. In regards to PS4 official primitive+ pve, there are only a few tribes/individuals who feel the run the server. I speak of tribes, House 336 and ArkAngels/desert isles, and a solo individual known as Krull. House 336 and arkangels treat the p+ official pve server like it's pvp, by kiting poison wyverns across the map well away from their spawn areas to grief other players, kiting hoards of wild rock golems to someone's gates, etc. And individuals like Krull who pillar EVERYWHERE across maps like ragnarok, with no apparent intention to build where pillard. Incidentally, this Krull only logs in hours before the first decay timers are set to expire just to reset, they don't play the game as intended. Or hardly ever. There are some of us who are passionate enough about the game that we invest in private servers and cluster with others to make a friendly environment for other gamers and keep pve, pve. Private servers are the future, when it comes to ark multiplayer gameplay. The true ark fandom lies in the private cluster. Official PVE servers need to have monthly extinction events and serve simply as a tutorial for new players, not serve as a permanent home to unfriendly, selfish and spiteful PVE noobs. That's not to say you should only be able to play it one time through, if you're fine with starting fresh each month, go for it. At least in private clusters, individuals who are unable to practice fair play can actually be banned. 

On 4/24/2019 at 11:47 PM, Weiss said:

I don't care if pvp servers are wiped, but I don't want my pve servers wiped.

This is exactly how I feel. 

Different playstyle and mindset on PVP vs. PVE

I came from playing Rust and the wipes were necessary as a pvp-centric game. We were happy to have them. You either get too strong, the server dies off as people get raided, or you have been emptied out. There are servers with weekly and monthly wipes, some modded servers are even longer. In any case, the wipes are an integral part of that game, keep things fresh and interesting. It allows you to play from primitive to endgame in whatever way you see fit over and over. 

PVE Is a whole different ballgame. It is typically more casual. Play at your own pace, learn the game, not forced to pull full day sessions to keep up. In my case, we wanted to learn the game playing PVE, we hopped to 5 or 6 different servers until we found one that was suited to our skill level. It took us days to understand the mechanics and play half-decent. a month before we had passable tames and were being more efficient. 

In our case, playing PVP would not have allowed us the time to grow. Not wiping after months of playing gave us a chance to learn most things so when server transfers opened we were confident in exploring other maps knowing we had a home to go back to. 

The people who feel like they wanted a different playstyle went to PVP

just wipe all servers!!! i played this game for more then 12k hours on ps4. more then 5k on pc. its not possible to start in this game. we got team wiped on small tribes, a week ago. they have all the duped stuff, while we have bad tames. its not competitive anymore. people are very salty. today i builded a stone base on official pc. they destroyed it with a giga :) ....its pvp ofc, but duping, cheating, meshing, dossing is out of controle. this game is broken for re-players. its also hard to join a mega tribe in this state. they simply dont trust u. we controlled four servers on ps4, and got meshed on all four servers within three days. then we builded on valguero pc, in the abb zone. we had 4 deathwalls with turret cap. it got meshed aswell by a well known megatribe. no server rollback happened after my tickets. just lost all the progress we made in  years. ark is a good game, but not in its current state. only the alphas with duped stuff are controlling this game!! so fix the problems and wipe all servers!!!!!

162 upvotes? Looks to me like a wipe is not popular at all. If the alpha tribes and all the other people really wanted a wipe this should have at the very least 3000 upvotes. You see the amount of people participating on official servers and the number of upvotes these posts get and it is far 2 low. 

Also when i see people talking about original balance you have to remember the game released in early access. Their original balance was based off not having breeding in the game at all and since it is a main feature everyone plays for getting people to vote for a wipe so long as they have pixels they want to protect chances are they will down vote instead of up vote.

Edited by SlipperySquid

There are servers that wipe on a schedule play on one of those they are actually pretty damn fun. How ever wiping all servers would be a terrible idea for the game. Some of us work a lot and have only gotten where we are due to an hour or two here and there (PvE obviously). Many of the players active in the workforce would quit, we would go back to square one and anyone who has started from nothing knows without "OP" dinos and all the facy doodads we have our hour or two a day wouldn't get us very far. 

PS: Yay early bird.. again... darn security updates and losing access to my old email and therefore my old forum account... 

On 25/4/2019 at 11:36, BertNoobians said:

Es curioso que las personas con un recuento de publicaciones bajo quieran una limpieza y las personas con un recuento alto de publicaciones no quieran una limpieza.

los nuevos jugadores siempre querrán un borrado, que nunca cambiará, quieren empezar igual que todos los demás.

El 90% de los principiantes solo juegan este juego durante unas semanas hasta unos meses,

y habría más gente que quisiera una toallita porque siempre habrá más titulares que jugadores establecidos.

por eso es extremadamente hipócrita y mezquino pedir una limpieza porque las estadísticas dicen que ya ni siquiera estás aquí después de 3 meses.

algunos dinosaurios como tuso mosa y basilo tardan 1,5 años donde están ahora, están en funcionamiento, pero ni siquiera están cerca del máximo posible. quieres borrar este trabajo.

Realmente es todo lo contrario, dejé de jugar oficial PVP cuando estuve con las alianzas de 99 y Fearless, es absurdo, eran dueños de muchos mapas y teníamos que limpiar cualquier base aunque fuese de paja para ganar rango... es un acto total de cobardía y le quitaba la esencia al juego, los mapas oficiales murieron con estas mega-alianzas (1 de 75 es el general de conectados), no entiendo cuál es el miedo de WC de ofender a estos jugadores de 5 años de lealtad, perderían un 3% del total potencial de jugadores que entrarían con una limpieza, incluso los antiguos volverían a sentir la adrenalina de iniciar de cero compitiendo contra muchos, pero seguro no jugarán más porque ya no tendrán ventaja jajaja

I think its funny people point out post count, I don't see how post count has much to do with anything since most of us have been playing for years and just made accounts for forums because the game IS getting stale and we are here to voice that concern. 

PvE needs some type of war mechanic/dueling brought back in so the game isn't just getting on and farming to us. I mean seriously a few people get tricked in PVE and its ruined for the rest of us that like to do 1v1 dino fights? There needs to be better solutions, like adding a prompt for allies to accept to join in on a war and less of the "one bad apple ruins the bunch" thought process. Breeding is a fun pass time but it gets old tbh.

PvP needs to be wiped for every reason that's been stated, its almost pointless to even try since you're gonna get raided every 5 days  and lose everything to some guy who either bought his mutated dinos or is in a mega tribe. Its really just an unfair uphill battle now.

Honestly if you're looking for fair fights I would go to an unofficial to pvp. There you can actually pvp people, the guys on pvp official only want to offline you and steal your things. Essentially Arks official pvp is a few dude cowering in the corner waiting for you to go to sleep at night so they can be "good PvP players".

More relevant than ever. If devs aren't going to wipe they should at least add more wiping clusters. Add a smalls that wipes every 6 mo/put the cross arks on a wipe schedule to boost their population (ORP/Notek, etc.) Add no tame servers monthly wipe, add primitive arkpoc, anything. PvP servers need some help. Small tribes is all mega tribes RMTing at this point and no one plays it because of that.

Why doesn't all ark servers wipe the reason no one play any more is because of the mutated dinos and how big every one is if ark wipes all servers will be full and ark would go back to its glory every one is losing interest i would suggest that ark wipes from the start im a player that has ben playing since the game came out and its honestley getting extremely boring all my friend and all the ppl i know wants it to wipe so why not wipe all ark server at least when when ark 2 comes out. It would be an amazing thing

• Haha 1

It has come to the point of ridiculousness on PvE servers to have anywhere decent to build for new players because of how old the servers themselves are almost everywhere decent to build in has become taken and just kills it for new people to ARK to come in and play with friends and build up a new tribe because of this.. Not to mention the amount of ridiculous breeding that goes on lagging up the servers... i have seen bases that do nothing but breed the large Giganotosaurus and clone them repetitively... i mean i get that people hate the whole wiping of servers due to their mutated dinos but being unable to build anywhere remotely decent to be able to experience the full game and story with friends is a little unfair in this gamer's opinion when you want to be able to build your own base and have fun and be able to stand a chance..but its a bit hard to do that when everywhere you go is taken up.. or even just spawning anywhere in with a new survivor is just right smack dab inside someones base...

Honestly why would a wipe be so bad, these people are built up so large the server fps pings at 8 not game fps but server side a wipe would not only bring back new players before the unreal update but bring much needed hype to ark 2 .

remember the following , 1 server has over 50 pop peak daily,

90% of the servers have 5-10 people

pve servers are not required to be wiped,

we not only either need to remove empty servers if not wiped, to condense the player base but removal of servers should warrant a wipe

maybe if wipes not a option instil a way to nerf these mega bases 1000 turrets or more =mega

add decay to turrets where they must be repaired once every 48 real hours or lose 33.333333%hp 6 days no repair = break, make this cost low like 10 metal bars? so it allows small tribes to easily keep up well mega tribes would need to walk up to each turret,

dinosaur age, dinosaurs should age, lower stats though aging and die after so much time, and clones should have 1/3 the life expectancy more so forcing these mega tribes to freeze all their dinos sitting out, helping server side fps,

these systems should be pinged maybe once per day to the heavy server side load,

but in all honesty a wipe may cheese a few but would put new much needed life into the pvp community , the only thing were fighting currently is full muta gigas and squids, and these tribes have 1000+ tames each in pods and sitting out and its just feels so pointless when they have every cave locked out , every materal blocked off, on the one server above 50 pop, and the other servers just feel so empty at 25 people it feels like pve,