Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

Wipe Official

Xbox servers have been duping out of control to the point of no fix, this has gone on long enough and you’ve made new servers for this same reason before. Small tribes especially have been completely ruined and it’s time to start over fresh. Everyone I have talked to is an agreement.

Official Servers wipe!

To the Ark Devs as a representative of all Small Tribes players and Official 1x players, we would like a wipe of ALL OFFICIAL SERVERS. This would not only give inspiration for other players to play this game again, but also brings new players to the game and bring long term players back. Duping got out of hand and it’s almost like everyone has the same level 350 plus dinos and tek structures. If y’all would please consider this post and think about it, please take action. 

Thumbs up if you agree!!

Wipe all official severs

Yes Ark you need to clean house!!!!   First thing I have played since the game was first came to xbox. I have since the trolls and mega tribes take over both pve and pvp it happens, however leaving things as is, is not going to help. Cleaning all the pillars and monster texas size bases with entire zoo's of cloned dino's that the tribe do nothing with except to have a different colored dino for everyhour of the day. They just sit there and take up cap space and render time on servers.  The game is about survival not who can have the biggest dino zoo.  Where is the survival when you have 10 or more gigas just sitting at your base just to drop eggs and look pretty. This is not Ark survival evoled anymore its now Dino rancher...  What color do u want with that dino........

Official Wipe?

An official wipe is a must in order to reinvigorate the player base and the game itself while there are many things needing to be changed and possibly added I dont see Ark going to the next level without a clean wipe of everything and everyone. Megas have turned the official servers into PVE servers basically, we have to change and balance the power in the community.

I have to leave ark after every new large update.  The kibble rework, the structures, any new maps.

Why do I do this? Because I expect console crashing bugs.  But after enough time passes where I feel like you took the major bugs, I return to the game and have to relearn it.

I would come back into the game with server wipes. . . There's simply nowhere good to build a base in extinction or scorched earth servers (with water access.)

It would be nice to see 1 of each map wiped once a month.  I think that would keep it running.

I have been playing this game for like 4 years I think. On steam and on Xbox and I would not want a solid wipe. Now I have no problem with wiping and resetting servers that have a below 20-30 person average.  Or even doing an a half once a year wipe and reset on some servers.

To me wiping and or changing low pop servers to the more popular or new maps is a wise and smart choice. But to take a game like this where long term breeding and building can take FOREVER to just have developers say F you we don’t care about your dedication to our game is just stupid. 

And i play official pvp mostly. But I also play on a privet netrado server with friend I have made in this game.

Make all current servers across the board legacy getting rid off all low populated servers .  Release new ones, its been nearly 2 years.   Ive been playing since day 1 beta.  Accepted the migration although it broke our hearts but came back on new servers in an instant we are currently bored on our server just refreshing timers.  Better than wiping.  Those who want to carry on legacy so be it.  others want to start again and newbies want a level playing field. 

My suggestion for PVE is to have some sort of building that gives the player a set area to build in. Then the player can upgrade said building to get more space or make more of them to allow them to build in other locations. This will stop the unbelievable amount of pillar spam on pve servers if done right. 

This building should also get more expensive as more are created by the player so that these are not spammed like the pillars. 

Been playing for almost a year, I never post - But this DUPING it out of control.  How many level 256 MEKS / GIGAS etc...it definitely takes the fun out of the game.  On Offical, you can guarantee, Sat. night wipes. with the Alpha's coming in from other servers to wipe other servers.  This was clockwork, and would require us to start fresh every week.   I move to small tribes Valguero for the resource boost and lack of people bringing in the snow owl/mana combos with pocket Gigas, but yeah - got to kill one guy, one time, he had over 70 cryos with ridiculous mutations - How many of these were duped?  Probably all.  Only thing that made sense was to throw 'em all out with cryo-sickness.  DILO is the point? They have all those back at some base on AB, maybe even 5-6 sets.  and to all those haters who have the dupes...I have well over 1000 hours on the game. 

Honestly, I gg anyone who wipes me honorably and no hard feels. But ya'll duping/meshing (PG/99 and many many more), you guys just suck and can't play with honor so you cheat, and poop rolls downhill.  

Favorite quote in game, "Ahhh, just take the MEK - I've duped it several times."

My vote - WIPE 'EM and stop it...somehow someway -  Save the Ark.

wipe all ark servers.

it would be better to wipe every ark server. duping and meshing destroyed the game and many tribes. fix the duping and meshing and give everyone a fair new chance. to many tribes have duped their stuff. i got meshed alot of times, so i quitted the game. its not possible to startover again. 2 weeks ago, we had a fight against dupers. they have the same giga many times. its not possible to compete against these tribes. atlas is a fail aswell. no offline defence possible on atlas. the game is boring aswell. bad reload timers on weapons. no interesting tames. 

we got attacked by dupers and meshers aswell. it happend first on ps4 and some weeks ago on pc. we are not playing anymore. devs dont care as this problem exists for years now. wiping servers should not solve this problem. they also need to fix meshing and duping. its pointless to wipe servers when they arent fixing this stuff. goodluck ark with ur player base :)

Seriously on weekends official servers at max pop are usually 1-2 70 people servers (which are duper’s having endless massive fights with duped Meks and manas) around 5-10 30 people servers (normal people trying to build up but duper’s know this and go on these servers occasionally and wipe everyone) and the rest are under 10 people.

Personally I think we need ACTUAL classic pvp servers, real old school good pvp when quetzals, gigas, and breeding weren’t a thing and when the rex and Spino were still feared, but you could still win fights on foot pvp if you were good at it.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:08 AM, dude123 said:

instead of wiping all the servers there have to be some servers that havent had any activity for a month, wipe those and start fresh.

While I completely understand that anyone who has invested serious time doesn,t want their server wiped it is very disheartening to us new players to know that no matter what server we join if we want to play pvp is gonna is going to be an infinite case of go to bed, wake up wiped, wash, rinse, repeat.

I mean for christ sake all you need to do is have a map start at day one once every month or two, is this really to much to ask? 

Tell me how you think a fresh server is going to change you getting wiped while sleeping, if it wasn't a giga munching you it will just be grenades and pikes. the real answer is offline damage prevention needed to be added to pvp a lot more than it needed to be in pve.