Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

I’d absolutely come back to the game if PvE servers were wiped.  I’ve attempted to fresh start a few times over the past year and ended up spending hours looking for a spot to build. Meanwhile most of the map is pillared off with a few mega tech bases scattered about.  

At the very least they should release a significant number of new servers on a fresh cluster every two years.  Clean out the old dead servers and give players an option to keep it fresh.

So I've seen a lot of activity around this topic and I thought I would post my opinion cause why not. I'm going to break this down into three parts. Reasons for a wipe, What to do before a wipe, and what this should achieve. 

REASONS FOR A WIPE:

Many people are agreeing that the Official servers have become stale and are pretty much just a playground for tribes in the big alliances. Dino breeds have become suuper strong - good job breeders - but have gotten so strong that they remove competitiveness for smaller tribes. most servers are either getting griefed every day or have huge tribes built on them with heaps of spam. I am making these comments as someone who has played in mega tribes, started in a smaller tribe recently and am currently playing in a alpha tribe in one of the alliances. Also grand scale PvP is pretty horrible abused by DDoS attacks and server capping.

the official cluster also has some pretty major points of inequality between new and old tribes. things such as the new kibble system where older tribes benefit from A) still having working old kibble that is much easier to make then new kibble and B) having already got a lot of tames such as griffins and rock eles with the easier kibble system for them

NOTE: I believe this should only effect PvP, I do not play on PvE servers and can not speak for them.

WHAT TO DO BEFORE A WIPE:

It is important that things change before a wipe is even considered otherwise everything just goes back to where it was before.
1) limit Tribe size to 20 player tribes
2) Rework alliances to not be two ways and instead be given to individual players who have normal alliance perks within the tribe.
3) make tribes exist across all servers. example: if I was in tribe X on server 1 and then joined server 2 I would still be in tribe X with all the same people.
4) rework the necessity for foundation spamming. foundation spamming is a pretty fundamental and defining part of ark pvp. it contributes to the unique war scenarios where you see tribes pushing against each other to gain ground. It is important to keep this fun PvP style alive but remove the server lagging foundie spam that creates it. I suggest introducing an item that has a lot of hitpoints and locks enemies out from building in the area around it, this area should be 5X the size of a single foundation. 
5) cap out a dinosaurs mutations at 20. currently there are ways to endlessly mutate dinos. 
6) reduce the cost of crafting ARBs.
7) hard cap the player speed at 150%. 
im sure there are more changes that could help make ark more fun post a wipe.

WHAT THIS SHOULD ACHIEVE:

1, 2, 3) These changes will shrink the sizes of tribes and a tribes effective player count when PvPing. this should almost entirely wipe the competitiveness of mega tribes and would also cap the extreme growth rate that you see some of the tribes achieving. This should hopefully also stop the Slot capping meta and without that hopefully also reduce the need for DDoS attacks. 
4) this should clear up lag on servers whilst also retaining the fun style of PvP that foundation Spam produced. I would think that the item that protected an area would also have the ability to be powered to further increase its hitpoints. 
5) this would be a soft cap on the dino stat growth rate. it would still be possible to have competitive stats as you can find wild dinos with better base stats but it would also stop any dinos from becoming too strong. 100Khp paracers come on.
6) this should hopefully counter offline raids a bit more, offlining will always be meta as it is the easiest way to wipe a base.
7) this shoud just make true PvP without dinos a little more interesting, we really don't need little women with underbites running around faster then any dino in the game. 

Edited by LaugherOutLoud

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

Just NO, why should we loose all our hard work on small tribes? Why should the current PvP community be wiped, this is a horrible idea that will kill the game. 

Maybe you should learn to read the community crunch, the developers have already stated that wipes will not be happening on any of the official clusters. 

@Arlie87

• Like 1

Everyone that wants a wipe, start you a new character and start over, simple solution for you.  If the people you complain about are better than you, guess what? they still will be.  They will just be "inconvenienced" for a bit with a wipe.  They will still own you and you will still fail.  WE/THEY/YOU - ALL started at the bottom and will rise according to effort/skill levels.   Everyone at the top isn't at the top because they started on a "fresh server".  And for the "whaaa, it's boring at the top", "the game is stale" crybags - throw your tames in the ocean and start over, if that's what you choose for YOURSELF.  

You clearly don't have a good understanding of official servers. The whole reason for playing official servers is because they do not wipe; if you cannot keep up, then play on servers that wipe every month. If official servers wipe I would no longer play official because I would have no more respect for the meaning of what official servers are.

On 26.04.2019 at 17:01, Sixgunalmany said:

Протрите все и понизьте количество серверов. Нам не нужно столько серверов прямо сейчас. Так много я вижу с менее чем 5 человек одновременно. 

Не видишь больше 5 но и не меньше 3 потому что все играют на максимально пустых что-бы их не рейдили 5 раз в трайбы с 450 лвл мобов так что лучше даже больше!

The idea of wiping is totally evil. It doesn't matter if you become successful or not. If u are talking about the problem of not finding empty place. There are other solutions to that problem like the tribe which will claim a lot of land just by pillar/foundation, it may be possible to limit how many pillars/foundations a tribe can use in 1 server. 

Someone informed about Rust, Rust gets wiped so many players did not buy Rust. So Do not ask Ark to be like Rust at least in this case.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:36 PM, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

The reason Officials need to be wiped is the fact that Duping and meshing destroyed the entire player basis. The only remaining PvP “survivors” are all duper’s or meshers or both. The duped gear has been circulating through every tribe on Ark official and that’s a fact. It literlly destroyed the player basis everyone was meshed or wiped by duper tribes.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, Hero101 said:

The reason Officials need to be wiped is the fact that Duping and meshing destroyed the entire player basis. The only remaining PvP “survivors” are all duper’s or meshers or both. The duped gear has been circulating through every tribe on Ark official and that’s a fact. It literlly destroyed the player basis everyone was meshed or wiped by duper tribes.

And the duping continues to happen. So how about you slow your roll and once wildcard manages to find a solution to duping/meshing... then come back and we'll discuss a wipe. Till then, it will be no different than it is now.

Maybe wildcard should actually enforce the game rules and when given video/screenshots of rule breakers, drop the f'ing hammer on them. And how about banning all the Chinese dupers selling 124 armor giga blueprints (and many other things) for REAL money. better yet.... region lock or at the very least kick players with high pings. High ping players absolutely wreck server performance .