Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

I've spent a year breeding dino's on pve to get good stats from them, I've just recently got my rex up to 1k melee, a wipe at this point for me would be as if I hadn't done anything for the past year, and would totally ruin my enjoyment of the game.  Having to do that all over again and knowing how long it took me to get to where i am now being a solo player 90% of the time? no, a wipe would be a game killer, not a solution.

• Like 1

This is pretty much the same thing I have said a few times, but nobody listens. The servers become decrepit and people lose interest in the game. Games these days are about player retention. There is an easier way to keep players coming back rather than rushing to release some new DLC that hasn't been tested or balanced properly. Wipe official servers the way they do in rust (only perhaps less often because Ark is a slower paced game).

It baffles me why WC don't do this. They were ballsy enough to wipe repurpose the legacy servers when the game went full retard release. So why don't they do it again? Why are people so against it? Why are they so afraid to push people out of their comforting, protective Alpha-tribe bubble?

I stopped playing Ark because it is all try hards and sore losers, where every official server (small tribes, classic, you name it) always ends up the same way. Why? Because tribe limits, removing certain dinos etc are just gimmicks, cheap tricks to get players to come back. It was the same half arsed attitude that started  the "evolution events" (2x weekends). None of it will change the way the servers end up. They will all become stagnant and die at some point, probably quicker than normal official if they are slightly boosted.

The most fun I had was on the old Extinction Arkpocalypse servers. I have no idea why WC made them all PG arks. Did they actually intend for those servers to die or are they just stupid? Those things worked a treat. They wiped periodically like Rust servers and when they did, the servers were slot capped. Nowdays the only time we see slotcapped servers in Ark is when one insurmountable zerg tries to raid another, which is what, once in a blue moon?

IMO the only way to save Ark - and convince people like me to come back - is to start taking the game seriously and set a wipe schedule for official servers. Not just a one off wipe, I mean every 1-2 months on the dot. It will put more emphasis on getting ahead at the start of a wipe, breathing new life into the game. This will hopefully give more time for the devs to make sure their DLC is functioning correctly and properly balanced before it is released.

On 9/29/2019 at 2:43 AM, RealGamer420 said:

The idea of wiping is totally evil. It doesn't matter if you become successful or not. If u are talking about the problem of not finding empty place. There are other solutions to that problem like the tribe which will claim a lot of land just by pillar/foundation, it may be possible to limit how many pillars/foundations a tribe can use in 1 server. 

Someone informed about Rust, Rust gets wiped so many players did not buy Rust. So Do not ask Ark to be like Rust at least in this case.

xD ..tell me how will u play head to head with a mega tribe with hundreds of mutations in dinos?! yeap.. u cant .. its not about open space to build... time to time ark needs a wipe or a new cluster , for teams to start at the same time . Even then the most expirience players will basicly "know how" and get advantage .

As we all know the player numbers in this game are not what they used to be and yet the amount of Official servers has remained fairly static. The result is a 100 servers where the average player count per server is 10 or less which isn't great for gameplay and leaves the servers feeling kind of dead.

As we know all know nothing lasts forever. I think its time all Official PVP servers (non small tribes/ORP) were wiped and then the total numbers of servers halved or even quartered. By doing this you would force players together just like when the game was released and the servers were maxed out every night. Servers with 70/70 players are much more fun then servers with 10 players on them all from the same tribe. This would create a breeding ground for violence and increased competition amongst players and tribes the likes of which we have not seen since 2016.

Edited by ForzaProiettile

4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

I agree 100%  wipes are a necessary evil and official pvp atm is bland boring no action PVE...

Exactly and it's not even a case of players that are losing wanting a wipe. I don't know about you but my group is quite wealthy atm from all our activities and yet we still feel a wipe would be fun and liven up the game. I also think though they need to not just wipe the servers but reduce the amount. Having an average of only 10 players per server is not fun or interesting for gameplay.

31 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

if i had a ingot of metal for every time i've heard an unconfirmed rumor on these forums i could pillar an entire server so nobody could build.

ain't that the truth, probably enough to pillar every server lol.

Wildcard has stated so many times they have no plans to wipe all the servers, ever. 

On 4/23/2019 at 2:20 PM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

I disagree for the reasoning of the majority that are against you as well.

Throughout the years we haven't even tapped the full potential of dinos. As Bert mentioned, it's been years and tusos/basilos still haven't gotten near their maximum potential. We're barely starting to reach the finish line with regular rexs. Just because you wan't to play on a PVP server does not mean everyone else must have their hard work deleted.

Also, do you know how many people will quit if that happens? Imagine you're a breeder and you worked your tail off building up a female population of 300+ to work on mutating your rex line to make it stronger and be able to demolish bosses. You're able to do this in Single Player as well mind you. You spend years building up your rex line just to have some new kid come along and tell you that your hard work is unfair and that you should start from 0 again because he's new to the game and dislikes your progress. WUT?

tldr

Join an Unofficial server that wipes regularly if you want that, stay away from Official servers.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:16 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

As we all know the player numbers in this game are not what they used to be and yet the amount of Official servers has remained fairly static. The result is a 100 servers where the average player count per server is 10 or less which isn't great for gameplay and leaves the servers feeling kind of dead.

The player count is exactly where its been at this point between major releases in the past.

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110#All

The numbers would be much higher today had Valguero not been such a massive flop. All it needed was a reason to go there, especially in regards to the aberration area. I mean, whats the point of the radiation zone? A single artifact half way down?  The loot is so horrible, it makes the crop plot bp/compass bp/etc loot on the island seem amazing. Im sure the PVP crowd thinks even less of the map because i can't see any reason stratigically to setup shop in the aberration area. Without a powerful tame spawning down there, its pretty much a tomb.

Wipe PVP servers or atleast Remove clusters

Arks losing tons of players on xbox due to all the duping, your capped turret towers can be drained in like a hour by someone throwing duped clusters at them. Tribes have unlimited endgame items that they use to wipe legit tribes. No one even uses dinos for pvp anymore they just fly around with duped tek suits clustering or suiciding duped meks into your base untill your wiped. When are wildcard going to do something about it?

Edited by LINGLINGLING
  • Like 1

I agree, on my server 3 tribes in a 24 hour period got wiped by a tribe using duped clusters!! So in less than 24 hours that's 18 ppl that stopped playing the game! And the game will continue to lose more ppl every day! I have a pic of them saying that's what they used but I guess it's to big to upload! One of the tribes that got wiped was myself included. WILDCARD something needs to be done about this, how do we fill out a ticket to get our base and stuff back from ppl who abuse the exploits and cheats? Liget tribes cant fight other tribes that come over with 300 duped meks!!!

9 minutes ago, DUB312 said:

I agree, on my server 3 tribes in a 24 hour period got wiped by a tribe using duped clusters!! So in less than 24 hours that's 18 ppl that stopped playing the game! And the game will continue to lose more ppl every day! I have a pic of them saying that's what they used but I guess it's to big to upload! One of the tribes that got wiped was myself included. WILDCARD something needs to be done about this, how do we fill out a ticket to get our base and stuff back from ppl who abuse the exploits and cheats? Liget tribes cant fight other tribes that come over with 300 duped meks!!!

Yeah man i have lost 2 alpha bases now on small tribes due to dupers, what happend to pushing with racers and gigas? at this point they should just give everyone a admin demo gun. I literally had a 4 day tek fob with tek behe spam for miles on our valg by a well known duping tribe who chucked clusters at us for 4 days straight clustering us for 12hrs a day and all we could do is turn off heavys and leave autos on to destroy the clusters untill we ran out of AR. Even the duping tribe told me they want a new cluster released or 6man wipe and thats why there doing it, its a joke.

Honestly yeah we need a wipe. I've been playing ark since it came out on xbox. I've spent countless hours and still keep trying on officials and have been wiped by toxic mega tribes. I'd grind so hard in just 2 days for a metal base with turrets and x plants, hidden in woods and still be wiped the next day. I've been actually staying the past couple months on unofficials waiting for a wipe. I'll jump on officials here and there again, watch I be wiped by another tek tier tribe again. 

Official servers and small tribe servers need a wipe I have been playing for almost a year now and with all the duping meshing and insane line the game feels so boring everytime you PvP people pull transmitters Tek pocket gigas meks out like their nothing it really needs a wipe and one main cluster with a reasonable tribe limit.

On 4/26/2019 at 5:11 AM, Bagelbyte2 said:

Dont whine and complain because you died to someone who has invested lots of time and has skill in a game. Dont like it get better.

You sit here and act like people are complaining because they suck at the game. The intention of a force wipe either weekly bi-weekly or monthly is the purpose of allowing newer players to get into the game without the fear of having their tames that they spent hours on being wiped by clans that have been playing for several months or even years. Clans who can cryo their dinos and transfer them to other servers and transfer their survivors to other servers. Then using that to offline every player they see. There is no pride in that. There is no skill in that. That is scum. Worse than scum players. There is a reason the game is low pop on nearly every server. With very few servers ever reaching their full pop of 70. Meanwhile there are survival games like rust, which do have wipe, and have servers with max 300 pop that are full often. This isn't a game of skill. This is a game of numbers. It's not fun and it's a big waste of time. Can't wait for this game to die like it should. Unless they make a change to this piece of poop game.

Edited by HunterofSouls

You know when you want to play on pve servers everywhere you have pillars without bases and you cant do anything to start play there with friends? So we start play on beginners servers where max lvl is 44 on start beginner server was full . So we need fresh Pve or wipe some server or go play another game.(i choose option 2 on this moment i have all dlcs).

Please Wipe Official Servers

Official servers are absolute cancer right now. No matter how long you try to defend if anyone wants to wipe you they can just infinitely dupe Meks and rush your base for however long they want until your eventually wiped. Most duping methods have been patched but all of the duped loot is still there and the recent “enforcement” that was supposed to wipe/ban the cheaters didn’t work at all because on the server me and my friends play on they literally rolled back the server after the dev left and they got all their loot back. 

What I feel should happen is that all the official servers and small tribes servers get wiped, and for the first 24 hours of the fresh servers take out explorer notes so there’s not people who are instantly level 70-80 and so we can also get some fun pvp that isn’t level 80s 5 minutes into the server running around with 200% movement speed or some melee bob with 350% melee damage that can punch you out in one hit.

On 4/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

The other way to think about this is that people are driven away from the game early on because what OP describes makes for a poor experience. 

On the other hand, an outright wipe seems like a bandaid solution and not particularly fair either. 

Perhaps we can have a set of servers that are designed to wipe every few weeks/months? This means that newer players, or those that appreciate a dynamic or challenging experience, can take to them and be part of actually playing the game - and those who have established tribes on the permanent servers can still feel smug about having super dinos and using them to one-shot the local wildlife. 

Server reset

All official servers should be reset and wiped. I own a whole server and it is boring that pvp is based around people who already built big and own mega tribes. I dont go around killing new player but the old player make it impossible for new player to enjoy the game and start over and  this is the reason why the games is dying. Some people think that resetting the servers would kill the game even more, but most of the people that think this way are people with mega bases and alliances. Resetting the servers will give new players a chance at the game and pvp will skyrocket. I already own a massive base and dont need this, but I want the game to be fun again!

37 minutes ago, Labriel said:

Some people think that resetting the servers would kill the game even more, but most of the people that think this way are people with mega bases and alliances.

Surely those tribes and alliances would just reform after a wipe and re-establish themselves. Group chats, like discord, would help them organise getting the players back into the tribes on day 1 and then use strength of numbers to rebuild.

If a wipe is done before meshing and duping is fixed people will just start doing it again as soon as they can and the wipe will have been pointless.

fix all the duping/meshing/cheating. then wipe every server/any platform, or remove the game from steam/store and close the servers! this game is not legit. we wasted our time to much on this game. we got meshed 6 times. we fought against dupers and aimbotters. its pointless. this game is broken. im telling facts only and everyone should agree with me. people should not be able this game in this state. new people got scammed, when they start legit. 

On 11/21/2019 at 2:14 PM, ChillEBean said:

Seriously on weekends official servers at max pop are usually 1-2 70 people servers (which are duper’s having endless massive fights with duped Meks and manas) around 5-10 30 people servers (normal people trying to build up but duper’s know this and go on these servers occasionally and wipe everyone) and the rest are under 10 people.

Personally I think we need ACTUAL classic pvp servers, real old school good pvp when quetzals, gigas, and breeding weren’t a thing and when the rex and Spino were still feared, but you could still win fights on foot pvp if you were good at it.

Yep! well said.