Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

360 replies to this server topic

Wait a second

4000 servers

PvP

Pve

Hardcore

Notek

Primative+

Let's play

Test servers

Crossark (win10&xbox)

Notame

Yea sarcasm active: lets wipe 4000 servers of all the different game modes because people mesh on PvP, let's punish all the game modes where meshing offers no advantage like PvE and notame and primative+ oh and arkpocalypse because of people going under the mesh on PvP

Sarcasm ends

Be more specific

Wipe all PvP, also it's the second most voted on topic already

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, Swerfy said:

Ark on console is dead. The lines are to good and the game is stale. It’s impossible to build up anymore because of the way everyone plays right now. A solution to this would be yearly wipes or continue to add new clusters such as Classic every so often

Yep, yearly wipes would give both the long term progression and keep the game alive by giving tribes chance to start anew.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 6:23 PM, DFritz said:

If megatribes think it is stale, why aren’t they waging war on other megatribes? 

You can't wipe tribes anymore because everyone lives in unraidable caves. Other than insiding or meshing big tribes are impossible to take down. As result there are no real raids anymore. People go for griefing a server, blow up some spam or an outside teleporter and that's it.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

i got idk maybe 1 to 2 posts here and i've played over 2 years by now it's the same as saying YouTubers don't make new vids about it so it is dead go to the steam hours the buy date the activity in the game not a stupid site

A complete random wipe sounds like the type of hideous plans WC would go for.

They need to add more maturation events, and higher than 2x rates ocassionally atleast, so new tribes can attempt to become established. Maybe even orp during maturation events. 

A complete wipe sounds like a lazy solution, when there are a bunch more viable options that won't cause a ton of players to quit playing.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:04 PM, Quilleute said:

trThere's something called Apocalypse servers .... idgit ...

Yeah Arkpocalypse is pretty cool. But here is thing about officials, currently the only people left on official servers are megatribes, a handful of survivors of past 1.5+ year of warfare, paranoid veterans living in unraidable caves. The rich political dynamics that used to exist when there were lot of tribes different sizes and multiple tribes used to share a server is long gone.

PvP between megatribes has become very stale due to cave meta. There is no real raids anymore just griefing easily replaced surface teleporters, because mainbases are now fully built into nearly unraidable caves. People just inside or mesh these days, because its become impossible to take down mainbases by war alone.

Officials need to have cave bases disabled and rebooted. That will bring the pvp back. I been playing classics more than officials last few days. And its a ton more fun with exciting due to actual land bases to raid instead of everyone being on caves., A large number of diverse tribes populate it creating interesting social or political situations that used to be a hallmark of ARK. Officials used to be like that in 2017- middle of 2018. And it can be again with a fresh restart.

1 hour ago, covenantgrunt said:

Yeah Arkpocalypse is pretty cool. But here is thing about officials, currently the only people left on official servers are megatribes, a handful of survivors of past 1.5+ year of warfare, paranoid veterans living in unraidable caves. The rich political dynamics that used to exist when there were lot of tribes different sizes and multiple tribes used to share a server is long gone.

PvP between megatribes has become very stale due to cave meta. There is no real raids anymore just griefing easily replaced surface teleporters, because mainbases are now fully built into nearly unraidable caves. People just inside or mesh these days, because its become impossible to take down mainbases by war alone.

Officials need to have cave bases disabled and rebooted. That will bring the pvp back. I been playing classics more than officials last few days. And its a ton more fun with exciting due to actual land bases to raid instead of everyone being on caves., A large number of diverse tribes populate it creating interesting social or political situations that used to be a hallmark of ARK. Officials used to be like that in 2017- middle of 2018. And it can be again with a fresh restart.

So let me get this straight, just cause PVP is dead , why do PVE players , that worked so many years , have to be subject to wipe ?

I worked my ass off for years , to achieve all my goals so far , and I still hope achieve more, and enjoy the gameplay.

The subject of this all idiot post is “wipe all servers “  completely idiotic for me . Fortunately devs already spoken , and wipe is not even considered at this moment. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quilleute said:

So let me get this straight, just cause PVP is dead , why do PVE players , that worked so many years , have to be subject to wipe ?

I worked my ass off for years , to achieve all my goals so far , and I still hope achieve more, and enjoy the gameplay.

The subject of this all idiot post is “wipe all servers “  completely idiotic for me . Fortunately devs already spoken , and wipe is not even considered at this moment. 

This thread is about official PVP, not PVE servers. PVE need not be wiped. For some reasons the OP worded it poorly.

All your reasons for a wipe are exactly the reasons it will never happen.

Do you think all the players who have devoted all this time and effort to getting all that stuff you listed above would see this as a positive thing? Moreover, do you think they'd continue playing if all their hard-earned work was just wiped clean because people who came to the game later couldn't compete?

Wont happen, and if it did it would be a momentous mistake from Wild Card.

5 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Do you think all the players who have devoted all this time and effort to getting all that stuff you listed above would see this as a positive thing? Moreover, do you think they'd continue playing if all their hard-earned work was just wiped clean because people who came to the game later couldn't compete?

I've been playing the official servers since it was released and before that played on what is now legacy. Ive had a pretty rounded experience of the game and am currently enjoying it but the way I see it is official servers are ruled, run and ruined by alpha / mega tribes. even if your tribe (like ours does) lets smaller tribes build up they just get taken out by a tribe from another server. the truth of the whole situation is that official servers are losing its player base. without a successful game and strong player base these servers wont be supported anyway. 
so whilst I am enjoying my time breeding and making good lines of Manas and such I also recognise that if a wipe doesn't happen at some point or the game doesn't go through some pretty major meta changes there wont be official servers for me to enjoy my tames on.

also a lot of the stuff about it being a mistake and killing the game was also said the first time around.  yet it didn't it reinvigorated the game.

Edited by LaugherOutLoud

On 4/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

The game is balanced around whatever the game allows people to do. breeding up OP dinos is apart of that.

All I hear in this thread is people crying because they get pooped on when trying to build up in PvP. Well hello? Have you ever really played Ark PvP if you didn't understand that was going to happen in the first place? And this issue is not isolated to new players remember, even alpha tribes get wiped by another alpha eventually, such is the nature of chaos.

All that will happen if Wild Card wipe is that they will lose half of the player base they currently have now with people not wanting to start over, and then the very same people crying for a wipe in this thread will quit too, once the people playing now (that do stick it out) breed up their OP dinos again.

This is just a stupid discussion.

Play unofficial, it requires less devotion and has more frequent PvP opportunities if you find a popular one.

Honestly it has NOTHING to do with the strong tames or how big the tribes are that you're facing as a new player, it's ark... get good. THE ONLY DAMN PROBLEM are the mesh bases. They are still all there and their are enough of them. I've found several on ps4 just on 1 server myself and just watch the youtubers... they also keep finding them.

Now let's say meshing is fixed - like no more ways to get behind walls. Those bases will still be there with all their OP stuff. Now you come as a new player and get built up and they just wipe you and there is nothing you can do about it because meshing is fixed right? We need a way to get them out of the walls and back into the normal map. The only way I see that being possible is to wipe the servers. Sure... It sucks. I'd also have alot to lose like most other people, but we need to do something about these "empty" servers. (Not really empty everyone is just in a DAMN wall) 

They can take all your loot back to their base too via teleporter or even just dropping a lootbag outside the Wall, spawning at a bed and taking it from inside the mesh. You can even popcorn it all outside and whip it from the inside. Getting tames in is simple now thanks to cryopods. You can cryopod a dino from inside too. 

What other options do we really have to get it back to the way it was before meshing?? I'd like to hear from you.

Edited by Arlie87

I think if people are only still playing to tend to their large hordes of crap they need to really think about what they are actually doing with their time.  it's a easily ingrained mental pathway that allows humans to get irrationally obsessive over sunk costs and they feel like they have "wasted their time" when they lose things and think of it as a lost investment.

The truth of the matter is that the moment you spend a resource like time it is a sunk cost you can never recover, so spend it to gain fun.  Throwing resources at something solely because you've already thrown tons of resources at it is NEVER a good idea.

tldr; your crap in a video game doesn't matter, the memories you make do, go make some memories instead of organizing your fridge.

and no i didn't upvote this i could care less what happens i just don't like seeing people wasting their time.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChoppinBlades said:

So for noobs and lazy people this might be cool... but for someone who has been playing since day 1.... you gmfu! It didnt stay up all those hours to get new stats and mutations for it to be all taken away. The countless hours i put into base designs over all the different maps. You wipe official and most of the ark player base will be leaving the game. It would be suicide for wildcard, most players would expect that from future games from wildcard so wouldnt waste time.  

Most people would come back with a wipe everyone likes early game late game ark gets so fkn boring

• Like 1