Wipe Official Servers

NoOneBtw

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 18

Just now, Aylana314159 said:

WC could release some servers with breeding turned off. Not sure how popular they would be, breeding is one of Ark unique gameplay mechanics.

breeding is a really cool part of the game I just think they need to keep it good and worth while but also limit the endless nature of it. it should be capped

2 hours ago, StronkMann said:

My suggestion for PVE is to have some sort of building that gives the player a set area to build in. Then the player can upgrade said building to get more space or make more of them to allow them to build in other locations. This will stop the unbelievable amount of pillar spam on pve servers if done right. 

This building should also get more expensive as more are created by the player so that these are not spammed like the pillars. 

Most of the PVE servers i play on have plenty of open land. The problem is people you login and after 5 minutes of not being able to place a fire in the spawn zone, start complaining on global about pillars. How hard it it to understand that 1,000 other poeple have had the same idea before you did? You have to get well away from the spawn areas in order to get some dirt.

I remember a while back a noob logged into our island server and needed a ride, and was pretty rude about it. Of course we had to ask him where needed a ride to.... and he replied that he's going to be building his base at 22-69. He proceeded to blow a fuse when all the laughing subsided. so entitled. lol.

On 4/26/2019 at 4:36 AM, BertNoobians said:

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe.

new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal with all the others.

90% of the starters only play this game for a few weeks upto a few months,

and there would be more people that want a wipe because there will always be more starters then established players.

this is why it is extremely hypocritical and mean to ask for a wipe because statistics say that you are not even here anymore after 3 months.

some dinos like tuso mosa and basilo take 1.5 years where they are now, they are op, but they are not even close to max possible. you want to wipe this work.

I have 7k hours, my post count is low, your statement dont mean poop, I agree wipe official

I play small tribes and can confirm that even on small tribes its gotten to a point that new tribes stand no chance against tribes already built up as all the bigger tribes share lines and have really good breedline. I would welcome a fresh cluster but I tthink they need to look at titans transfers being disabled before they do, as any new cluster with titans enabled would be just cave building or titan chomping 

On official and smal tribes even, this is a better solution to the problem. 

36 minutes ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I already hear so much about "wiping the servers completely" that I already know it benefits no one. Wipe the servers and within months,  people are back to endgame. The thing is there is no way of rebuilding because once you are out its even harder to the point its brutal. People quit as a result of being wiped and the game holds out until dlc or a new game mode. This is why I believe we should take a different route and create these "rebuild servers" for all existing servers. They are pve clusters that only characters can transfer in but materials and loot can be transferred out(similar to the release of scorhed earth, abberation and extinction).  These servers are made for players to regain dinos and a base and move back into pvp with a higher survival chance. However if implementing these types of servers it must do the following:

1. Seasonal wipes every two weeks if not every month 

2. No drops aside from white beacons should exist to prevent players from getting op gear and then just raiding

3. Rebuild servers are limited to just the center map, prevents people from using dlc creatures 

4. Rebuild servers are exclusive and follow the cluster but change to be pve. E.g. official pvp - official rebuild pvp, official small tribes- official small tribes rebuild pvp (both have the same ruleset as there servers but are a pve version that wipe after 30 days)

5. Obekisks become unbuildable zones preventing people from being unable to leave the servers once they join

You can have defences ready against these dinos,  and then all you have to do is tame a golem which is very easy now and steal cryo lines and bam you have usable dinos. 

15 hours ago, LaughAssassin said:

On official and smal tribes even, this is a better solution to the problem. 

You can have defences ready against these dinos,  and then all you have to do is tame a golem which is very easy now and steal cryo lines and bam you have usable dinos. 

16 hours ago, LightningCloud957 said:

I already hear so much about "wiping the servers completely" that I already know it benefits no one. Wipe the servers and within months,  people are back to endgame. The thing is there is no way of rebuilding because once you are out its even harder to the point its brutal. People quit as a result of being wiped and the game holds out until dlc or a new game mode. This is why I believe we should take a different route and create these "rebuild servers" for all existing servers. They are pve clusters that only characters can transfer in but materials and loot can be transferred out(similar to the release of scorhed earth, abberation and extinction).  These servers are made for players to regain dinos and a base and move back into pvp with a higher survival chance. However if implementing these types of servers it must do the following:

1. Seasonal wipes every two weeks if not every month 

2. No drops aside from white beacons should exist to prevent players from getting op gear and then just raiding

3. Rebuild servers are limited to just the center map, prevents people from using dlc creatures 

4. Rebuild servers are exclusive and follow the cluster but change to be pve. E.g. official pvp - official rebuild pvp, official small tribes- official small tribes rebuild pvp (both have the same ruleset as there servers but are a pve version that wipe after 30 days)

5. Obekisks become unbuildable zones preventing people from being unable to leave the servers once they join

This solution is better but the only reason that all official pvp servers (well I guess aside from classic) is because of the mesh, there are many bases in the mesh and I'm sure you all agree everyone should lose everything including characters to return to the state prior to meshing. Saying that they should implement mesh fixes for common methods before doing this. 

2 minutes ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

I've been playing the official servers since it was released and before that played on what is now legacy. Ive had a pretty rounded experience of the game and am currently enjoying it but the way I see it is official servers are ruled, run and ruined by alpha / mega tribes. even if your tribe (like ours does) lets smaller tribes build up they just get taken out by a tribe from another server. the truth of the whole situation is that official servers are losing its player base. without a successful game and strong player base these servers wont be supported anyway. 
so whilst I am enjoying my time breeding and making good lines of Manas and such I also recognise that if a wipe doesn't happen at some point or the game doesn't go through some pretty major meta changes there wont be official servers for me to enjoy my tames on.

That is the nature of Ark PvP unfortunately, and the amount of people they would piss off by wiping the servers just to "stem the tide" is not even worth thinking about the idea.

In my opinion, the best way to play Ark PvP is on unofficial anyway.

turning off breeding in conquest servers would be a great idea (if not done already)

and asking for plain wipe of all servers just makes you sound like some loser who got wiped and wants revenge through some obscure political schemes on the forum, so stop it, it won't happen

if the servers are not fun anymore let them get bored of the game routine till their dinos starve to death, on my server there were spammers from asgard tribe asking us to join their server, and we all know why, they're looking for slaves to feed their dinos, just let them get sick of it

Edited by dodogal

its needed, especially with the mesh bases on almost every official server, not to mention the giant tribes that are hyper aggressive towards newer players or less experienced players. would level the playing field a bit, will they do it? maybe? that's tough to say, though I definitively think they would announce it prior.