Building Snap points

Bark

Suggestion

One of the most frustrating things in the game for me has to be when you try to snap a building part to another part only for it to constantly snap to a unwanted snap position.

For example:
Take a wall, try to place a new homestead triangle ceiling to it and your faced with multiple snap points.  So you cycle thru the various snap points until you find the one you want, it’s green so you click to place the ceiling only for it to nearly always snap to a unwanted point. 

So my suggestion is this..

We need an option to cycle thru the snap points until you find the one you want, it’s green so you continue to hold it in that position for say 3 secs until it changes to yellow (or some other unused colour) that colour change signals that it WILL 100% snap to that point and no others.  If you change your mind before you snap you just right click as you normally would to cancel.

For easy to place parts like stacking walls ect you can just click to place immediately like you can now. 

1 reply to this server topic

On 4/23/2019 at 2:16 PM, Bark said:

One of the most frustrating things in the game for me has to be when you try to snap a building part to another part only for it to constantly snap to a unwanted snap position.

For example:
Take a wall, try to place a new homestead triangle ceiling to it and your faced with multiple snap points.  So you cycle thru the various snap points until you find the one you want, it’s green so you click to place the ceiling only for it to nearly always snap to a unwanted point. 

So my suggestion is this..

We need an option to cycle thru the snap points until you find the one you want, it’s green so you continue to hold it in that position for say 3 secs until it changes to yellow (or some other unused colour) that colour change signals that it WILL 100% snap to that point and no others.  If you change your mind before you snap you just right click as you normally would to cancel.

For easy to place parts like stacking walls ect you can just click to place immediately like you can now. 

Great idea I’d lo still see a system where it shows the used snap point, also, maybe in the pause settings not main menu you could change the length from like .5-5. Another problem with snapping is sometimes the snap point you want wolnt show up, particularly with buildings where all the structures around a gap Are filled in so there’s a hole and you can run around for thirty minuets and never get that snap point. I think maybe the game should integrate a good AI to pick the best snap point but if that was not what you wanted you can change it and the ai won't mess with it. Also more reasonable snap points should be added, such as, stackable foundations up and down, being able to snap a foundation down a half or full wall, being able to snap the alighned fence foundations straight and many more!

Archived