Revive survival of the fittest

Erikve

Suggestion

I think you guys should start working on updating the survival of the fittest dlc and maybe even turn into a battle royale based game mode (quetz with chairs and wingsuit on cloth chestplate would do most of the drop off). I think sotf can have a lot of actives, king of the ark mod also had till they quit the work...

Hope its a valuable suggestion

31 replies to this server topic

I've been playing Ark since day 1 release on Xbox, I still love the game. Due to many console players leaving Ark as a whole, I feel that Survival Of The Fittest (SOTF) for Ark on console would sky rocket Ark's popularity. Due to many games on console being your standard lets drop, grab loot, and go kill battle royales, I feel that SOTF would bring console players a much more unique experience. SOTF has so much diversity with how a match could play out, that console players would not be bored of it any time soon. The gamemode would rapidly increase Ark's popularity. Imagine if there was a leaderboard in which players can see whos the best in lobby and how big of a challenge they will have to face. Or allowing rented SOTF servers in which new custom matches could be created. What console players want is a fresh new experience. Something that would bring even more competitive gameplay from all over the world. Also with new players downloading Ark for SOTF, they would also likely play the standard Ark to see what its all about. I hope the development team introduces new content that would bring back the Ark hype. On a side note I really appreciate the developers cracking down on meshing. Keep up the good work!

Survival of the fittest would be a great side game to play when you get sick of grinding for the day or just want to show off your pvp skills. Sadly though they have said it was coming out 3 years ago but backed out on it to focus on making the main game but now these battle Royale games are everywhere so why not just finish it and release it for free if you have bought the full game it would bring in tons of new players that would be willing to try it. Survival of the fittest would also give those who are getting sick of the same grind over and over again something to play. 

This could be nice. If they went the Fortnite route and added skins for your char you could pay to get, it might really make some money to support the game. What about archaeopteryx gliders instead of wingsuits? The fact that sotf has been killed off and will never get updates or TLCs is a bit sad. I think there should different modes, things like classic mode, infinite ammo mode, speed mode (map closes in faster), camper mode (map doesn't close in). There's a lot of potential, and it might help introduce people who play battle royales to ark.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, Erikve said:

I think you guys should start working on updating the survival of the fittest dlc and maybe even turn into a battle royale based game mode (quetz with chairs and wingsuit on cloth chestplate would do most of the drop off). I think sotf can have a lot of actives, king of the ark mod also had till they quit the work...

Hope its a valuable suggestion

SOTF was an amazing game they wasn't really a right or wrong way to play! I also enjoyed the fast paced version of Ark, spawn right into chaos! Do i head for the hills and farm? Do i rush tame a Rex? Or try to knock out as many of my competitors as possible in the first few minutes!

On 5/31/2019 at 6:36 AM, Beardless said:

I agree. I have never had more fun in a video game than I had with Ark SOTF. If you were to just do a little more work to get it perfect offer it free and with a battle pass option and skins and you could make a butt ton.... just saying, I would buy into it...

no plz no battle pass, my brother stole 200$ for fornite. my friends brother done the same thing. it causes addictions and money problems. also SOTF is a hungergames style game not battle royale. whats the difference you may ask. well hungergames is where you must craft things to survive and rely on your wit and skill. battle royale is where you dont craft your weapons but simply hunt down the loot and fight others. also SOTF came out before fortnite. plz dont change the starting mechanics for SOTF. i like dit cause it reminds me of hunger games franchise. u either risk it for the loot or you leave to craft up. if it is given the generic jump glide to the ground i will instanly take away as many starts as it take for me to slowly fall to the ground only to find someone else is sniping me from above. if everyone beams down together at once atleast then you have a fair chance at running away also it will save to frustration of having to decide where to land.  also i would love to see some of the newer creatures join sotf and possibly even make different maps to play on. an abberation based map would be mind blowing. possibly even new mechanics and items. but plz keep the ability to lvl speed on fliers. possible even adding more game modes into the game would be cool. i remember watching i think it was the axeman, he played a mod where one player would be a baby reaper. and the other players would be hunters. there were two modes. one were the reaper had to kill things like sheep, galli's and morrelatops to gain xp to grow into another stage. and the hunters had to hunt the reaper player down and kill it. once it became a reaper it could kill the players. the other mode was where the human players had to survive against the reaper player who is still a baby reaper and can grow bu has to kill the players. it was fun and has a dead by daylight sort of feel to the game. it was cool to watch. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:25 PM, DeathAngel9 said:

I've been playing Ark since day 1 release on Xbox, I still love the game. Due to many console players leaving Ark as a whole, I feel that Survival Of The Fittest (SOTF) for Ark on console would sky rocket Ark's popularity. Due to many games on console being your standard lets drop, grab loot, and go kill battle royales, I feel that SOTF would bring console players a much more unique experience. SOTF has so much diversity with how a match could play out, that console players would not be bored of it any time soon. The gamemode would rapidly increase Ark's popularity. Imagine if there was a leaderboard in which players can see whos the best in lobby and how big of a challenge they will have to face. Or allowing rented SOTF servers in which new custom matches could be created. What console players want is a fresh new experience. Something that would bring even more competitive gameplay from all over the world. Also with new players downloading Ark for SOTF, they would also likely play the standard Ark to see what its all about. I hope the development team introduces new content that would bring back the Ark hype. On a side note I really appreciate the developers cracking down on meshing. Keep up the good work!

Literally got on right now to make the exact post you just made bro you took the words out of my mouth an if all of us feel like this imagine the people who haven’t made an account an don’t care enough to speak cause there’s not enough to make a change

On 5/2/2019 at 5:29 AM, DeathAngel9 said:

Loot spawns in the middle of all the survivors so no need to drop in. The hunger games style is better

Agreed! I thought the ARK style of game starting was really cool :D The biggest problem with the old SotF was that it took too long to get matches started. In a game mode like Battle Royale where you die quickly, it's important that you can get into a game very quickly or you'll spend most of your time waiting to play.

Next biggest problem was the lobby and interface - I would suggest a full on UI update in addition to shorter waiting times and I think it would be a great game even without further changes.

When you get bored of grinding for the day or just want to show off your PVP skills, survival of the fittest would be fun side game to play.
Unfortunately, although they said it was coming out 3 years ago, but backed it up to concentrate on making the main game, now these battle Royale games are everywhere, so why not just finish it and release it for free if you bought the full game, it would draw in lots of new players who would be able to try it. Survival of the fittest will also offer anything to play to those who get sick of the same smile over and over again.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:44 PM, Kaprosuchus said:

I mean, do we really need more battle royale games where you sky dive off of a thing and the map closes in? there is already like 1203498572345 of them

And none of them are as good as sotf was.  Revive it, add new dinos, new map, and make the games 2hours long again.  Sotf was awesome when it started out, had to survive and try to come up with the best strategies. When they shortened the sotf games, they took out soo much strategy it made it boring.  I know original sotf games were 3 hours long, but I think 2 hours would be perfect!

I'd even pay (More so to support a new game mode, and the cost of development, and resources used to finetune this into a great mode).

A few servers with timers, with different rules depending on how long you want to play.

1 hour (No building, with drops to grab better items. Little weapon caches with okay armor. And parts of the map will have random events to get you to move into the other areas (sandstorms, corrupted dinos spawning in droves, meteor showers etc.)

6 hours (More time, so this one can have buildings if you're brave enough to build), basic low to mid-tier tames (Insta-tames if you can knock them out. Raptors, Carnos, Argys, Bears etc.)

24 hour game (Most time so you can use the whole map. All day available, insta-tame anything you can knock out, drops all around the map, all high end loot (Tek tier. Everybody can move around the map quickly, with less issues but with the time frame, building options it'll take time to find people).

Or just a quick game on a small location like Volcano area in center, with caches all over. People can hide in caves and try to survive. The longer the game goes, more and more aggressive dinos spawn in until someone wins.

Archived