Separate PvE and PvP balances

DauntedVenus

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

171 replies to this server topic

52 minutes ago, FriezaCy said:

100% agreed, in addition to the seperate nerfings And along the same lines, clipping should be different. Pve should be allowed to clip, at least more than we can now. What I mean by this is, in unoffical you can change the server settings to allow your buildings to clip into the terrain for a smoother build. Being able to incorporate mountainsides or use foundations the "flatten" a spot is probably the best thing about unofficial servers. I cant imagine a reason pve shouldn't be allowed to do this.

You saying official PvE servers should have the setting disable structure collision changed?

Before Flier Nerf:
Less than 5 minutes to fly from one base on my Unofficial to another base.

After Flier Nerf:
15+ minutes between bases, with one or two rest stops.

This was my unofficial, my rules, my server. And the flier nerf was unwanted, but was forced on us regardless of how much I verbally rejected it, or verbally requested configs to opt-out.

Flier nerf may never have happened to PvE if PvE and PvP were coded separately.

I see zero reasons why any tame needs any nerf on any PvE server.

Who cares if a tame dodo on PvE could 1-shot a wild giga... (just to show an example of an extreme). I cant imagine any downside or "unfair" advantage to this.

Edited by GreenRoc

On 5/11/2019 at 4:41 AM, GreenRoc said:

Before Flier Nerf:
Less than 5 minutes to fly from one base on my Unofficial to another base.

After Flier Nerf:
15+ minutes between bases, with one or two rest stops.

This was my unofficial, my rules, my server. And the flier nerf was unwanted, but was forced on us regardless of how much I verbally rejected it, or verbally requested configs to opt-out.

Flier nerf may never have happened to PvE if PvE and PvP were coded separately.

I see zero reasons why any tame needs any nerf on any PvE server.

Who cares if a tame dodo on PvE could 1-shot a wild giga... (just to show an example of an extreme). I cant imagine any downside or "unfair" advantage to this.

Nerfs are based on balancing the game.  Mana became too op and the fact that PVE players are complaining so much that they want them back is enough that you too also thought they were Op.  If they code the dinos differently for PVP verse PVE than that is doubling the work for when a dino getting updated and it doubles the chances for something to get coded incorrectly.   

Also without dino nerfs PVE would get destroyed by Ark Turkey Trials.  OG Wild Turkeys were no joke. 

Edited by Weberm35
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

The post I wanted to reply to, for some reason I cant select a section in their comment.

I do not think the mana is "op" for PvE, I personally hate the term "op". Please do not put words in my mouth that I never said or thought Weberms.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:18 PM, covenantgrunt said:

People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases.

I dont like building materials handed to me, same reason I dont like Creative Minecraft.

I dont like to lose anything I spent time on. It's why I do not play PvP, because I dont like it even MORE if some player caused that loss to happen.

PvP seperate from PvE is not unheard of.

Now for semi-joking, which I rarely do, but it is late and I am feeling rather silly now:

I wish there was "Classic Ark" you know? Before gigas, before breeding, before pegos and ikkys, but with all the bugs fixed.

Dang, I got WoW classic on my mind... I wish there was a choice if I want my hard earned time wasted by changes or not.
Oops, there goes Water Strider's Water walking, nerfed because we were using it too much? Joykiller... oh wait, that is a different game.

:P

I love this game so much, I just wish I didn't have to roll with so many punches.

At least with Minecraft, we can play any release of the game we want. I wish I could do that with Ark, I'd go play a 2015 or 2016 version.

Edited by GreenRoc

I dont really think separation is needed really.  I think more BALANCED nerfs would make sense.  Im a pve and a solo guy.  I know a huge reason why flier nerf was implemented was because players on PVP were uping their argys speed to 300+% making them move faster then the auto turrets tracking mechanism.  Obviously something had to be done.  Their choice was to completely lock the stat, highly unbalanced nerf decision.  The intelligent choice would of been cap the speed at around 200%.  Fixes the auto turret issue as well as keep some speed for getting around keeping pve happy.  And lets be honest the majority of us still mostly use fliers despite the nerf.  Im still flying a bird 90% of the time.

As for mana nerf, yet again stupidity in the nerfs.  Yes it was stupid op, to op for pve even, but the nerfs went a bit to far.  Add a cooldown to freeze, yes because its the only rideable dino that can 'stun' anything.  Reduce range, sure but overall, not just the dmg.  Heck i here more ppl complain about the actual freeze, not the dmg...Reduce both to lightning wyvern lvl, u dont really need more, even on pve.  Reduce speed if its going to fast for turrets, otherwise leave it be.  Its the extinction dragon, end game, pay to have, actually requires u to achieve a specific lvl dragon(thats also part tek).  It should maybe b allowed to out do wyverns a lil since wyverns are midgame, free, and a lvl 1 that gets lucky could ride tame(highly unlikely and maybe to extreme on the lvl but you get the point).  Its breath should be strong enough to match a lightning wyverns breath(considering the duration of the attack) maybe slightly weaker to balance the freeze effect from your initial hit.  Thus lingering balance on stronger enemies u cant refreeze because of the cooldown.  Needed nerfed yes, but allow it to still b worth it as an endgame tame.  End as end of ark, tho it is the highest lvl to ride extinction added creature which technically still makes it the final tame.  Gigas are available on island, wyverns on scorched, extinction is after so anything it brings is technically more endgame.  The lore also backs this considering extinction is the end of the story, and the end stuff is supposed to be better.  You dont get the master sword midgame and upgrade to rusted sword at the end.

But 1 point im trying to point out is i dont think we need a separate layout for both, the devs just need to actually think before they nerf.  As i said above there could of been better nerfs or adjustments made that could of pleased everyone, except of course those few hardcore ppl lingering on the edges wanting permanent god mode or dark souls on expert.

Edited by Onimusha759

I completely agree!!!

PVP SHOULD NEVER EFFECT/CONTROL PVE GAME PLAY!!!

Otherwise developers need to decide from day one if the game is PVP or PVE controlled. IF PVP, those of us who do not play PVP, can spend our cash elsewhere. Destiny was awesome, then year 2 and 3 PVP controlled 100% f the game mechanics. When Destiny 2 was release, I spent my money elsewhere. 

• Like 1

This is an issue that has plagued the game since the beginning. The PvP streamers are who the Dev team is catering to. It is the same with all the games this company and its offshoots makes. I would think it would be fairly simple to have a separate ruleset for PvP and PvE but if it has not happened by now I don't think it will be happening.

Please WildCard make this a reality! As a solo PvE player, this would really help with boss fights. Also this would tie in really nicely with the third most upvoted thing on this forum: making wyverns and griffins breedable / saddlable. Obviously this would break PvP (large tribes mutating extremely high level stats to the point of ridiculousness), but would be a really nice feature for PvE (don’t have to spend another 20 hours finding an egg, raising it, and leveling it up every time it dies in the boss arena).

I stll hope they will allow PVE server wild dino grabbing, but with separate rules from pvp server to avoid griefing. Like :

- cannot drop dinoes near other people's building, or when there is an unconscious dino nearby with shorter range in case someone is taming near our own building, so dropping carried wild dino uses building placement rule without factoring in height PLUS if there is other tribe's unconscious dino.

- if dc or off mount, the wild dino will despawn after X minutes, reset when reconnected or on mount again.

- when landing for stam, grabbed wild dino will be tethered to the feet of the bird and will despawn after X minutes, same with the above rule, reset when fly again.

That would be great and make taming easier with all the pillars everywhere on pve server.

That, or allow placing structure as TEMPORARY STRUCTURE (max 7h) that can only be placed only when there is an own unconscious dino nearby and is near other ppl's building. That would be useful for taming anywhere and put spike walls around the tame while nearby other ppl's building.

These things are PVE stuffs and should be separated. There will be a lot more ideas to make PVE server better for PVE that doesn't need to be in pvp server so this separate pvp/pve development is a good idea.

Edited by DonaldDuck

On 5/2/2019 at 1:32 AM, Voltarendolo said:

No I am PVP player by Heart and even in PVE Balancing matters (not as much as PVP but it does)

Why should they feel pround when you dont have to achive something?

Just becouse I am a PVP player by heart dosnt mean I dont care for other People who allso call ARK there "Home" if PVP or not I dont care but It should make both of this groups some fun

one easy Fix I would see Is not devide PVP and PVE Dinos since most PVE Player Breed them for boss fights... why not give them a Buff in the Boss arena? that there Range is extended and Damage is buffed?

You sir are breathtaking!

• Like 1

there's also the problem with placing the Tek Generator and the long range it needs to be away from others foundations. I guess it has this long range for PvP reasons (long range of Tek Turret and all that) but on PvE you build your base and just after it is finished and you want to place a Tek Generator you realize that your neighbours are too close and you aren't allowed to place it anywhere inside your own base and there is nothing you can do about it

To Ark Devs about Genesis....

A simple request:

As you go about creating the concepts behind the new tames and items, I implore you, please ask yourself a simple question. "How will this impact pvp balance?" Extinction is a huge example of what happens when you allow your inner nerd child run wild with concepts that are without a doubt cool. And believe they are cool concepts that utterly break, no, smashed pvp balance. And many in the pvp community would agree that we are still reeling from it.

So while you are neck deep in nerdgasm please take a sobering step back and ask yourself how will this impact pvp balance or how could this be abused in pvp (cough lava lizard cough).

Thank you.

• Like 1

while i generally don't play pvp except in frequent wipe servers like arkocalypse because i just can't get invested in pvp, i would like them to get it right in the first place since i know they aren't going to seperate pve and pvp balance issues.  I personally do not want another managarmr incident where i got whiplash from all the changes in pve so that pvp players could cope with it.  It seems to me though that going forward they have been keeping that in mind so we'll see.