Separate PvE and PvP balances

DauntedVenus

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

171 replies to this server topic

I signed up just to reply to this. Everyone on my PVE server had been working for ages to breed Mana for our titan raids. Then poof. All those hours and weeks gone for nothing. PLEASE make the PVE and PVP separate. Mana is useless now. PVP is 100% valid and should of course be balanced well, but PVE is a different breed and needs different balancing. 

Don't just ignore PVE and assume modders are going to keep "fixing" it all for PVE either. I get those kinds of replies on the Steam forums. "PVP makes the rules, just go get modders to fix PVE for you." That's not okay either. 

2 hours ago, Brutal69 said:

Maybe getting a dev that actually plays PvP would be a great bloody start

Just saying ?‍♂️

It seems to me that by trying to balance the game, they just mess up both PvP and PvE.

Look at the moschops. Accidentally add riding ability. Everyone loved it. So they nerfed the moschops to uselessness and added riding permanently. 

They seem to think that nerfs and extreme nerfs at that are the proper want to balance the content.

Content need strengths and weaknesses. Every creature needs one or more nemesis (either other creature or weapon/ammo). No creature should be a Mary Sue.

This could add tons of content to the game. Think poison tipped bullets/ammo. New engrams for creature/type of poison. New ammo or even special guns.

Or even dino gear. Costume slot stuff. Like trike with metal encased horns. Or platform dinos with added armor.

On 4/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, divisd1 said:

It would not be easy at all. Have you ever looked at the dev kit to see how stuff actually works? Easy to give suggestions and say they are easy to implement if you haven't the slightest idea of how any of it actually works.

There is already a single player setting that adjusts the game for sp. Why couldn't there be a setting for pve that just unnerfs everything? honestly all the nerfs are for pvp they take all of this time to fix pvp and destroy pve. Save the setting you have before the nerf, create a boolean that when =true enacts the nerfs. It would only be a lot of work because they didn't start doing it this way.

I think this applies to many different creatures, not just the mana. Titans, upon release, dominated extinction. Undeniably. And it made sense for the gigantic titans to dominate the world. I play both PVE and PVP, and in PVP, I see these enormous, apex predators able to be taken down by any tribe with 4-5 meks. Which is more balanced in general, but when it simply doesn't make sense. The way ARK has always functioned was : Big Monster = Big Threat. The titans no longer adhere to this logical rule. Now, on my PVE world, I have a level 301, health and damage mutated Giganotosaurus. It is about as strong as my level 290 Rex. See the stupidity here? The Giga is roughly 3x the Rex's size, but a higher level, mutated Giga is weaker than your average damage-focused rex. I, of course, remember how OP the Giga was in PVP when it was first released. But I do NOT remember it making PVE less fun, or unbalanced for new players. In fact, the Giga nerfs were DISAPPOINTING in PVE. Like any sane man, I am afraid of wild Gigas. When I first ever tamed a Giga, the nerf was out, but I wasn't aware of this. I was expecting a massive beast of endless might, but I just wasted a lot of tranqs and meat. 

TL;DR 

PVP nerfs are slowly ruining the PVE experience, and I have seen it firsthand.

5 hours ago, Chubchub2020 said:

There is already a single player setting that adjusts the game for sp. Why couldn't there be a setting for pve that just unnerfs everything? honestly all the nerfs are for pvp they take all of this time to fix pvp and destroy pve. Save the setting you have before the nerf, create a boolean that when =true enacts the nerfs. It would only be a lot of work because they didn't start doing it this way.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, I'm just saying that it would be A LOT of work that I doubt Wildcard would take the time to do. If you truly want to play with pre-nerf stats, I recommend just playing on unofficial servers instead of official, since I am positive they have no intentions of separating PVE and PVP stats on official

18 minutes ago, divisd1 said:

I am positive they have no intentions of separating PVE and PVP stats on official

You don't know this for a fact. WC revamped the suggestion forums to see what was most important to players.

Clearly separate balancing for PvE and PvP is very important to players.

Each needs to be properly balanced.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, divisd1 said:

since I am positive they have no intentions of separating PVE and PVP stats on official

Not according to the official Game Suggestions Roundup “Going forward, we will keep both PvP and PvE balance in mind as we work on future content and are identifying ways to provide a unique and balanced experience for both.”

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/24/2019 at 5:45 PM, Lowly said:

You know what's hilarious is that pve players always blame PvP for the nerfs, I'd love to hear from PvP players what needs are the result of PvE players

To be fair (I am a PVP player) PVE Player dont demand much momst of the time
But where PVP players use Progress by Broken Dinos like the Managrmr PVE dont really lose anything (of course Breeding for the OP Mana when it will be nerfed at the end sucks)

Most upset I am about Wildcard to release something like this in the first place. Why not Introduce new Ideas/Dinos much to weak, buffing most of the time Is more accepted the nerving it... but thats the Devs PayToWin DLC content Idea.

On 4/24/2019 at 7:18 AM, covenantgrunt said:

In pve they should just enable creative mode and God mode. People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases. And instant kill anything by right clicking on it. It's pve balance don't matter.

I feel this is sarcasm, pve players that play official, dont want creative mode and God mode, that's why they play official instead of private dedi or singleplayer

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:40 PM, Coffee6969 said:

I 100% agree with this as a PVP player, So often we are forced to endure nerfs and gameplay forced upon us due to PVE needing something to act or be a certain way versus how it effects the PVP side of things

Still waiting to hear what Nerfs PVP has suffered because of PVE needing something

PvP can fly in caves, build in caves, pick up wild Dino's and destroy other peoples; spiked walls, taming pens, pillar spam, land ownership claims

What did PvP suffer because of something PvE did?

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 8:18 AM, covenantgrunt said:

In pve they should just enable creative mode and God mode. People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases. And instant kill anything by right clicking on it. It's pve balance don't matter.

No I am PVP player by Heart and even in PVE Balancing matters (not as much as PVP but it does)

Why should they feel pround when you dont have to achive something?

Just becouse I am a PVP player by heart dosnt mean I dont care for other People who allso call ARK there "Home" if PVP or not I dont care but It should make both of this groups some fun

one easy Fix I would see Is not devide PVP and PVE Dinos since most PVE Player Breed them for boss fights... why not give them a Buff in the Boss arena? that there Range is extended and Damage is buffed?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowly said:

Still waiting to hear what Nerfs PVP has suffered because of PVE needing something

PvP can fly in caves, build in caves, pick up wild Dino's and destroy other peoples; spiked walls, taming pens, pillar spam, land ownership claims

What did PvP suffer because of something PvE did?

I Dont think PVP suffers really from a "PVE-patch" since PVE donst often demand stuff
but Mana was/still is so broken for PVP-players that it start to make the game unplayable

I dont hope that PVP or PVE player suffer from some patches and I dont think we should shout at each other for diffrent needs.
I am pretty sure WE (PVP AND PVE) together would find solutions wich woould be okey for both

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Its not. The mana is just the newest example. The whole history of Ark is PvP nerf needed, PvE unfortunately gets affected.

Please Tell me more than just the Managarmr  Gacha and Velo (like the not finished Extinciton DLC pack
(Flyer nerv was allso in favior for PVE players since nobody uses ground Dinos befor anymore for travel and Transport)

3 hours ago, Voltarendolo said:

Please Tell me more than just the Managarmr  Gacha and Velo (like the not finished Extinciton DLC pack
(Flyer nerv was allso in favior for PVE players since nobody uses ground Dinos befor anymore for travel and Transport)

How long have you played Ark?

Flyer Speed nerf was needed by both PvP and PvE, not taking about that. Though WC should have added a setting for single player mode and unofficials to have a choice.

Here is a non-exclusive list

Giga nerf

Griffin nerf

Meat feeding nerf

Moschop nerf

Dolphin nerf

Etc.

The newest DLC is fresh in everyones mind, and was particularly unbalanced which screams of pay to win (dlc pay wall). But WC has a long history of nerfs that were needed for PvP but not for PvE.

I would have to agree with your initial statement on the mana's being practically useless in PVE at the current moment. It's beyond frustrating that not only can we not hardly use them but on a couple maps (and even then with risk of losing the mana and your gear forever), but that they continue to ignore the extreme buggyness of them and keep nerfing them with no way to revert to old settings without mods. I absolutely love manas and think they were a great addition to the game, but I just wish they would spend more time on the bugs with them before worrying about so many heavy nerfs. 

• Like 1

Flier nerf bothered me to the point where I quit using them, now days its been so long ago I just don't care anymore. Of all the nerfs however there is one that I cant help but point at and ask.. Really? You really did this?

It was the slingshot nerf. They applied TWO nerfs to the slingshot because it was overpowered in pvp servers as players would use them on each other. They slowed down the fire rate and reduced the torpor it dealt by 25%... on everything.

Slingshots were awful before but people still used them for taming, my first tame ever in a ark server was a trike with a slingshot (before trikes had resistance on the head). Its more of a april fools joke to nerf something like slingshots in pve, this nerf is something Ill never forget and always make fun of :P.

100% agreed, in addition to the seperate nerfings And along the same lines, clipping should be different. Pve should be allowed to clip, at least more than we can now. What I mean by this is, in unoffical you can change the server settings to allow your buildings to clip into the terrain for a smoother build. Being able to incorporate mountainsides or use foundations the "flatten" a spot is probably the best thing about unofficial servers. I cant imagine a reason pve shouldn't be allowed to do this.