Separate PvE and PvP balances

DauntedVenus

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

171 replies to this server topic

On 4/27/2019 at 6:40 AM, Aylana314159 said:

PvE (official) has dino cap as a main issue

Yes, absolutely. I would suggest to make dino cap number bigger but not something extremely huge, that would cause a lag. But I think structures causes much more lag than dinos, ive seen big bases structures load and give 5fps but dinos instantly loaded when near some1s base.

Separate PVE and PVP changes for sure. PVP changes making a bad effect on PVE, because pve isnt about raiding, and dinos nerf makes pve harder. I  play PVE only and the new beta changes that is coming is good only for pvp, pve shoudnt get the owl nerf etc.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, d1nk said:

I agree with the topic but not the flier nerf bit. It was needed and shouldnt be put back in.

or they should all get swoop, and if flyers being good and fun causes a problem with the ground game, then WC should fix the ground game, instead of breaking the part that people liked.

10 Seconds snow owl cooldown this patch - PvP vs PvE

In todays Patchnotes:

"- Players and Dinos are now immune to the snow owl freeze for 10 seconds after being frozen"

While this is probably a good PvP change, it hugely nerfs the snow owl in PvE gameplay on PvE servers. I'm using the snow owl as main taming mount. Please consider balancing PvP and PvE seperatly.

i never played pve more than 5h but the mana nerf kinda made sense i believe even for pve  i used it to kill wild gigas when it first came out even a tamed giga cant kill a wild giga 

so isnt that kinda op ? i remember doing bosses with the mana solo and alpha too used it to farm meat hide polymer etc.. fast way to get around , raid , grief killing bosses taming bosses etc,, so it kinda made other dinos useless tbh right now i have a mana line on pvp hatches at 600 damge 13k hp 2070 stamina 

after leveling up it gets up to 50-60k hp it was for rushing bases , 14k stamina for scouting around 1900 weight for transport 

or 6000 stam 1000dmg and a 190+ saddle for fighting 

so it is still pretty much op 

oh plus i never use any underwater dino now cause the mana is the best tame to go underwater eles arent a problem anymore squids cant grab you 

it is faster than any dino while swiming it could regenerate oxygen if spammed space could regain stam underwater also could fight sea dinos 

As a pve player I completely agree with this!!!!  There are a metric s**t ton of changes, nerfs, balances and patches that have been instituted for pvp that are just completely absurd to be instituted into pve.  Turrets/PSX on platform saddles was the first.  Now that was over 3 years ago but that’s where it ALL started!  Now pvp mode, I completely understand why that would be changed, but for pve?  Anyone that says it should’ve been banned for both needs to go change their medication.  We used “battle” animals for taming and added base defense.  That’s just one example, and in regards to “it’s a lot of work”, yeah I’m sure it probably is but that’s the only way you’d be able to keep the different game modes from screwing the other one over.  Besides you guys built an entire dinosaur survival game from the ground up to become what it is and ya can’t handle making 2 separate rules to match 2 COMPLETELY different play modes??  We can’t pick up wild animals in pve, but pvp can.  Pve is where that would be super handy for taming.  Yeah it would be used in a malicious way but that’s how people are.  There’s always someone out there that just wants to mess with people for no reason.  The flyer nerf was a complete kick in the nuggets for those of us on pve, and anyone that says it was a good thing needs their head examined.  Again there’s always some jack wagon who is going to abuse it, but for the majority of the pve players it rendered just about every flyer other than wyverns and argys about useless.  A VAST majority of pve players were down right ticked over that, and used the pre-nerf flyers with leveled movements for legitimate reasons and not for causing problems.  Nerfing the ever loving god out of end game animals never made sense for pve.  To reply to whoever said that tamed gigas can’t kill wilds, not true it can be done, I’ve seen it with my own eyes but it is definitely a very intense and scary fight.  With a good leveled giga and a MC or ASC saddle it can be done.  I will admit that pve has the potential to get some very OP monsters for dinos with significant breeding involved but probably 95% of the time those animals are used for defense or  special fights (giga v titanosaur or t giga v w giga).  The gachas nerf sounds A LOT like the fishing “nerf” they pulled a couple years ago.  Fishing was actually a ton of fun before the “change”, now most people don’t even mess with it because they know it’s not worth it.  I can go on and on with all the points to strengthen the debate of splitting pve and pvp game modes and having separate sets of rules for modes that are literally day and night differences from each other.  If there was a poll of how much of the community in both modes want this separated WC would have no choice but to do it.  Maybe someday it’ll happen.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:36 AM, ArgentavisMaximus said:

I signed up just to reply to this. Everyone on my PVE server had been working for ages to breed Mana for our titan raids. Then poof. All those hours and weeks gone for nothing. PLEASE make the PVE and PVP separate. Mana is useless now. PVP is 100% valid and should of course be balanced well, but PVE is a different breed and needs different balancing. 

Don't just ignore PVE and assume modders are going to keep "fixing" it all for PVE either. I get those kinds of replies on the Steam forums. "PVP makes the rules, just go get modders to fix PVE for you." That's not okay either. 

Unless you play on console where there is no mods to fix what the developers break :) RIP

Yes please let’s get separate pvp/ pve changes going into the new year. Also I’m on the fence with the flyer nerf I agree we shouldn’t be able to point into speed but we should be able to train our flyers to fly faster in someway so we all dnt have to have a wyvern because we are traveling large distances. Would love for someway to increase my flyers speed that will make it more valuable either roll of the dice through imprinting or genetic mutations. 

7 hours ago, BuddhaDaBoss said:

Big support of separating Pve and PvP nerfs. The recent mana nerf HAS made them useless in my opinion. With being a PvE player it really killed the game for me.

It's really sad that the most up voted suggestion has been completely ignored. This is either due to laziness or ineptitude.

Instead of nerfs (mana and velo is just the latest examples), WC could trying to actually balance content. Meaning strengths and weaknesses. Ok, mana is powerful...how about giving the creature a nemesis. Either another creature or maybe some tek device.

16 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's really sad that the most up voted suggestion has been completely ignored. This is either due to laziness or ineptitude.

Instead of nerfs (mana and velo is just the latest examples), WC could trying to actually balance content. Meaning strengths and weaknesses. Ok, mana is powerful...how about giving the creature a nemesis. Either another creature or maybe some tek device.

They could easily do elemental type damage with the nemesis to counter. They could set 'combat triangles' with elemental differences. I can see all large flyers/gliders being much more viable then.

Oh and it's FOR SURE ineptitude (wonderful word choice). It's easier to set a restriction than add something new...

The mana just needs its boost up's set to 5 or 7. 3 is WAY too limited. I bred them and when this happened it really did kill the game for me. Been debating either quitting or starting over in PvP.

6 hours ago, BuddhaDaBoss said:

They could easily do elemental type damage with the nemesis to counter. They could set 'combat triangles' with elemental differences. I can see all large flyers/gliders being much more viable then.

That's an interesting idea. There could even be weapons with elemental type damages and maybe force fields.

Bumping this topic due to recent changes

Remove meshing protection system from PvE, according to False positive thread its clearly making more harm than good. Meshing does not give any advantage in PvE in the first place, culls creative building possibilities and makes players lose their collection dinos (aka event drakes, wyverns, reapers etc.)

For once, please just act.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Artcore said:

Bumping this topic due to recent changes

Remove meshing protection system from PvE, according to False positive thread its clearly making more harm than good. Meshing does not give any advantage in PvE in the first place, culls creative building possibilities and makes players lose their collection dinos (aka event drakes, wyverns, reapers etc.)

For once, please just act.

You can't bump game suggestions. They are sorted by vote rating, not by last post.