Separate PvE and PvP balances

DauntedVenus

Suggestion

There should be a way to separate the balances made to dinosaurs and game mechanics between PvE and PvP.

Multiple balances have made PvE nothing but hard. Managarmr being a recent example, in PvE they're useless now thanks to the many balances made to make PvP better.

Flier nerf was a huge change in PvE making fliers and transportation harder by forcing us to land since PvP was taking to the skies too often and the game tried to "ground" the fight

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1

171 replies to this server topic

Please WildCard make this a reality! As a solo PvE player, this would really help with boss fights. Also this would tie in really nicely with the third most upvoted thing on this forum: making wyverns and griffins breedable / saddlable. Obviously this would break PvP (large tribes mutating extremely high level stats to the point of ridiculousness), but would be a really nice feature for PvE (don’t have to spend another 20 hours finding an egg, raising it, and leveling it up every time it dies in the boss arena).

On 5/2/2019 at 1:32 AM, Voltarendolo said:

No I am PVP player by Heart and even in PVE Balancing matters (not as much as PVP but it does)

Why should they feel pround when you dont have to achive something?

Just becouse I am a PVP player by heart dosnt mean I dont care for other People who allso call ARK there "Home" if PVP or not I dont care but It should make both of this groups some fun

one easy Fix I would see Is not devide PVP and PVE Dinos since most PVE Player Breed them for boss fights... why not give them a Buff in the Boss arena? that there Range is extended and Damage is buffed?

You sir are breathtaking!

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, johnm81 said:

It just dawned on me. How can we really divorce pvp balance and pve servers when there is a lot of pvp that happens on pve server with the tribe war system? Now that system is in place is there really such a thing as non-pvp servers? No. The only difference is consensual vs non-consensual pvp. But still PvP.

The tribe war system has been there for years. Cheesed for years. Most people never use it. Interesting premise though. Burns you up most people just don’t play PvP

• Haha 1

Just now, WitchesTwex said:

I think they have to look st the things that unbalance pvp. And if you ask me, and from what I've heard, the majority of it comes due to stacking bred dino stats, and mutations. I'd propose the 'fix' could simply be to disable all breeding on pvp servers completely. This should dramatically, and perhaps drastically, level the playing field.

Breeding is a fun part of the game, disabling it would tick a lot of people off. They could fix the mutation cap, so people can't just infinitely mutate their dinos and have 150 points in melee. Allowing smaller tribes to get their hands on these super bred dinos as well by means like an update to oviraptor egg stealing mechanics could even the playing field aswell

On 4/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, d1nk said:

I agree with the topic but not the flier nerf bit. It was needed and shouldnt be put back in.

i think you should be able to level speed on fliers, even just the tiniest bit on pve and singleplayer, or, if not, allow other things, like speed leeling on drake, since its not really a flier, or even better, allow speed mutations instead of hiding them

On 7/25/2020 at 5:40 AM, SubtendedCrib8 said:

Certain creatures like Gigas and Manas are outright useless now for PvE because of the extreme nerfs done to them.

It would serve the case to avoid hyperbole. I also agree with the general sentiment of the thread, but this is simply not true. You can't find a use for a Giga? That's almost hilarious, and btw., also 100% on you. They are one of the strongest dinos in the game, if not "the". You are not supposed to be able to steamroll anything in this game, you never were. Nonetheless, Gigas let you steamroll most things even in their current form which you claim to be unusable. I don't know what you are doing wrong. Honest to God it's the wildest claim I heard this week, and I follow POTUS. 

As for manas, I'm liable to semi-agree with you if we're purely talking about the movement nerf. Frost breath is super imba, even in its current form, whicj is heavily nerfed. Sure, you can't stunlock things indefinitely, but you shouldn't be able to do that anyway. I'm not a particularly good PC gamer in general. It's not that I play these dinos with 300APM doing all kinds of crazy stuff to maintain their usability. I'm really perplexed by the Giga claim, and lightly disagree with the Mana claim. Which is funny because I used to agree with you about Manas. 

What are you trying to do with these dinos that you are unable to right now? Cause soloing bosses on a Mana was a huge design flaw. As is soloing purple OSDs with a handful of Gigas.

Edited by Fresiki

On 4/23/2019 at 11:18 PM, covenantgrunt said:

In pve they should just enable creative mode and God mode. People should not even have to farm just spawn in creatures and bases. And instant kill anything by right clicking on it. It's pve balance don't matter.

You clearly don't understand what PvE is about. >:(

Edited by Griffin998

• Volunteer Moderator
31 minutes ago, AveryParker said:

For real though. For example the inability to pick up wild dinos in PvE is just ridiculous 

Unless you lived back when we could. And all everyone did was pick up and drop wild Dino’s into your base and pens, on your head while you tamed… 

Oieru is right!!! At first , extinction creatures were the best in the game (managarmr ,velonosaur , gacha , etc) . After several updates the abilities of those creatures were reduced at half or eaven lower. When managarmr appeared on ark for the very beginning i killed a giga from high range with no problem. Now , i have to move close to a dino just to freeze it a little. Same thing with gacha : when extinction map was released , a gacha fed with proper food dropped crystals with mastercraft or ascendant items very easy. Now , i have to open a lot of crystals to get maximum a mastercraft item at it's lowest quality. I think no-one cares on PvE if you kill a wild dino with a primitive pick or an ascendant rifle. 20190304174504_1.thumb.jpg.f39609ebca95b2e207436790cc6d7a72.jpg 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eoptap said:

Your wrong the mana is junk now pvp balance dose not apply to pve environment. Only the mentally challenged would think the balance is the same. The mana should not drop like a rock after less than 1 second. The stam drops to fast. Instead of a nerf they should have provided a pvp patch. Pve always gets ruined by pvp's misconception of balance. If you play pvp you should just move to pve if you can't handle the heat not screw over pve with your repeated childish wines for a nerf.

The mana is a post flyer nerf (removed speed leveling) creature.

This whole post is about separating PvE and PvP nerfs/balancing. Make them each robust independent game modes. 

16 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The mana is a post flyer nerf (removed speed leveling) creature.

This whole post is about separating PvE and PvP nerfs/balancing. Make them each robust independent game modes. 

Lol never mind me meds put me out of it a bit. Pvp and pve should have seperate patches. The mana is a good example of why they should be seperate. Pve should never be the same standard as pvp.

Edited by Eoptap
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The person you replied to was talking about the flyer nerf. You were talking about manas. Completely different things.

The flyer nerf increased the challenges of PvE making land dinos useful for transport and travel. Instead of get flyer = easy mode = win.

The mana nerf is a completely different topic. 

I don't think any major nerf should be enacted without settings (not requiring mods) to revert them. Also, PvE shouldn't be effected by PvP only nerfs. But this would mean creating one or more setting(s) to make PvP and PvE different.

Sorry yup allergy meds making me to out of it lol. 

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

These would all be possible differences. PvE might have a more generous player weight setting.

As for tribe war, it would have to be based on the PvE mode. It wouldn't make sense for tribes at war to suddenly be under PvP settings like wild flyer carry. 

That is still a bit worrying with our brightest Managarmr example. 

Un-nerfed mana on PvE is all nice and good. The minute a tribe goes to war the managsrmr is God.

Edit: 

I think Managarmr should never existed as mythical creature. It’s like the black sheep. 

Edited by YourHearse

2 hours ago, Brutal69 said:

Maybe getting a dev that actually plays PvP would be a great bloody start

Just saying ?‍♂️

It seems to me that by trying to balance the game, they just mess up both PvP and PvE.

Look at the moschops. Accidentally add riding ability. Everyone loved it. So they nerfed the moschops to uselessness and added riding permanently. 

They seem to think that nerfs and extreme nerfs at that are the proper want to balance the content.

Content need strengths and weaknesses. Every creature needs one or more nemesis (either other creature or weapon/ammo). No creature should be a Mary Sue.

This could add tons of content to the game. Think poison tipped bullets/ammo. New engrams for creature/type of poison. New ammo or even special guns.

Or even dino gear. Costume slot stuff. Like trike with metal encased horns. Or platform dinos with added armor.