Duo/Trio/Tiny Servers

Managrmrrrrrrs

Suggestion

So i wan't to talk about the solo servers,i played ark for 2k hours by my own and official pvp servers and what i want to say i really enjoy pvp its just that if you're solo player and you can't find the tribe and everytime you build you get raided,and you have to grind forever to get something and then get raided i mean raiding is part of ark its just that its not fair if 6 peoples or 3peoples go 3v1 that's not fair at all,So i asked some streamers and ark community and they pretty liked my idea of ark adding the solo servers with boosted Rates for example ark-you cloud make a solo servers with a 5x gathering or 4x and some of us really don't enjoy playing unofficials and i am one of these guys so what im asking you guys to work is adding solo servers or duo server and ofcrouse with some boosted rates cause its hard to get stuff done in ark and i know thats why you have to put tons of hours in ark to get things done its just that its still very hard,especially being a solo on ark pvp servers and i really do enjoy playing this game it's just that it's not fair and i wish you guys would add some solo servers and duo servers cause peoples who dosen't have teamates to play ark with grind allot like me,by solo so i just wan't you guys to read this whole thing and see what you guys think and i can promise you guy's one thing that people  gona  play that and i'll be one of em' so thats all im asking and yea,Let us know what you guys think about that.See ya.

• Thanks 1

119 replies to this server topic

What is it about this game mode that everybody wants? It's so hyped/in demand, but nobody has really mentioned why that is. To me at least, the gamemode isn't so easy to implement without significant changes. All small tribes required for example, was 6 man tribe limit, turning off unclaiming, adding 24 hour cooldown. A solo or duo server would require like ... hundreds of changes just to actually be playable. Nobody has really addressed these issues either.

Edited by Leinadarcher

4 hours ago, Leinadarcher said:

What is it about this game mode that everybody wants? It's so hyped/in demand, but nobody has really mentioned why that is. To me at least, the gamemode isn't so easy to implement without significant changes. All small tribes required for example, was 6 man tribe limit, turning off unclaiming, adding 24 hour cooldown. A solo or duo server would require like ... hundreds of changes just to actually be playable. Nobody has really addressed these issues either.

Like what? what are the other issues that would need looked at. I solo 6 man and main cluster and do ok with those settings 

Edited by Durbinhaze

33 minutes ago, Durbinhaze said:

Like what? what are the other issues that would need looked at. I solo 6 man and main cluster and do ok with those settings 

I suppose certain things such as offline raiding, bosses, pvp balance etc. People will definitely be doing what a lot of people do in small tribes, with the 'teaming for bosses, teamviewer if a friend is getting raided, trading dino lines' all that kind of stuff. PVP is another story, being solo or duo will encourage kidnapping like no tomorrow. Find a base, wait for the player to leave the base to farm/do whatever, stun them or throw a narc grenade - can then go raid their base at leisure. I guess for me it comes across as promoting a game style which (without changes) puts enormous pressure/strain in IRL - 6 man was already stressful enough at times, let alone with 4-5 less people.

4 hours ago, Bilhaartje said:

In my opinion a lot of stuff from Extinction DLC that needs to be nerved or limited to that DLC only is more important as of game-inprovement.

In my opinion, the Extinction Dlc was pretty bad for ark, a lot of OP stuff like easy element, titans, managmar, Aberration is very op aswell with reapers and karkinos, but not so overpower like extintion.

I think the devs should focus more in survivor than pvp, like the good old times, hard to level up and hard to survive (nerf mov speed and no gamma)

the classic servers was very fun, i enjoy play on it, the only problem is: there's no quetzal.

if they make new servers, they should make new configs for it, most of the community didnt like the ''new pvp'' atm, like titans and managmar, they should just disable it, like they did in classic.

I have my own solo server on ps4 on 20x because of mega tribes wiping me over n over on official. Im enjoying it but no server transfers so it has took me over a year to build a community to play with. Just give us solo offical please. I have video of being attacked 12v1 on my main base while my other small base was being hit at the same time. Its just so unfair i had to make my own server. Wildcard please make this happen before we all lose intrest and stop playing.

Add duo-trio  please , im tired of being wiped by mega clans. Just this month on classic i got destroyed and had to start over more then 6 times. Everytime i waked up in my bad there was 15-20 people dancing around me destryoing my base. Im so tired of this, i only play with my friend and we like the pvp aspect of the game but its impossible to compete like that.

• Thanks 1

I was hoping solo (my preference) or at least duo servers were going to be implemented.  I wanted to try this so badly I decided to launch one that would be 1 man tribes with 1 alliance allowed (so kinda duo kinda single) this Sunday and for 3 months, open to the public with the same rules as the Small Tribes servers.   Assuming I figure everything out in time that is, lol.  

• Like 1

I agree with this, I play solo and would love a solo server. its not very hard at all... They can just test it with a few servers and if it gets populated well for a while then they can add more servers. I'm tired of getting 6v1 all the time. As a solo player I can build up pretty fast but most tribes are well ahead of me already working 3-6x the with man power doing each different job. I love this game but tired of losing hundreds of hours in less than 5-20 mins. I also don't like playing on unofficial, not many people play it.

Edited by Kengbee
adding

1 minute ago, covenantgrunt said:

People will just team and create defacto megatribes, as happened on 6mans. Solo, or any other limited tribe size servers are a pipe dream. They require intense moderation to enforce no teaming rules,  something that devs do not have the resources for.

Yeah. The original small tribes had rules against teaming....But after realizing this was basically unenforceable the newer special modes just had alliances off but informal alliance not against the rules.

1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yeah. The original small tribes had rules against teaming....But after realizing this was basically unenforceable the newer special modes just had alliances off but informal alliance not against the rules.

Yep. Small unofficial clusters it may be possible. But officials ? Without subscription to pay for full time moderation staff I don't see limited tribe size servers ever working as intended.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:03 AM, gabrinoel said:

In my opinion, the Extinction Dlc was pretty bad for ark, a lot of OP stuff like easy element, titans, managmar, Aberration is very op aswell with reapers and karkinos, but not so overpower like extintion.

I think the devs should focus more in survivor than pvp, like the good old times, hard to level up and hard to survive (nerf mov speed and no gamma)

the classic servers was very fun, i enjoy play on it, the only problem is: there's no quetzal.

if they make new servers, they should make new configs for it, most of the community didnt like the ''new pvp'' atm, like titans and managmar, they should just disable it, like they did in classic.

You are completely right. Extinction ruined this game