Duo/Trio/Tiny Servers

Managrmrrrrrrs

Suggestion

So i wan't to talk about the solo servers,i played ark for 2k hours by my own and official pvp servers and what i want to say i really enjoy pvp its just that if you're solo player and you can't find the tribe and everytime you build you get raided,and you have to grind forever to get something and then get raided i mean raiding is part of ark its just that its not fair if 6 peoples or 3peoples go 3v1 that's not fair at all,So i asked some streamers and ark community and they pretty liked my idea of ark adding the solo servers with boosted Rates for example ark-you cloud make a solo servers with a 5x gathering or 4x and some of us really don't enjoy playing unofficials and i am one of these guys so what im asking you guys to work is adding solo servers or duo server and ofcrouse with some boosted rates cause its hard to get stuff done in ark and i know thats why you have to put tons of hours in ark to get things done its just that its still very hard,especially being a solo on ark pvp servers and i really do enjoy playing this game it's just that it's not fair and i wish you guys would add some solo servers and duo servers cause peoples who dosen't have teamates to play ark with grind allot like me,by solo so i just wan't you guys to read this whole thing and see what you guys think and i can promise you guy's one thing that people  gona  play that and i'll be one of em' so thats all im asking and yea,Let us know what you guys think about that.See ya.

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

119 replies to this server topic

5 hours ago, Hansyboy77 said:

It wouldent be more Pvoffline for solo/duo players than it currently is, thats kinda the point. And if you like to be solo on normal servers (though i really doubt you do) ,then no one is stopping you from plaing on them.

Just go solo on a real server.. or are you afraid your skills are non existent? 

14 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

dude, i offline wipe you then. even at 6, people only do that, as there's space. a 6-man tribe can't be on alert 24/7. a 20 man tribe can, for a certain period until they drop like flies when getting tired of this "job-like" state

Lol 9 times out of 10 people offline. And it would give everyone the same advantage; instead of tribes having 10 or 20 more people. Not everyone wants to be in a 20 man tribe; people inside or you have to be in party with a bunch of annoying people

On 4/23/2019 at 2:42 PM, eESTlane said:

dude, i offline wipe you then. even at 6, people only do that, as there's space. a 6-man tribe can't be on alert 24/7. a 20 man tribe can, for a certain period until they drop like flies when getting tired of this "job-like" state

They could put a form of orp to make offline raiding harder or they could have actual orp as long as they disable pincodes to prevent exploits.

What is it about this game mode that everybody wants? It's so hyped/in demand, but nobody has really mentioned why that is. To me at least, the gamemode isn't so easy to implement without significant changes. All small tribes required for example, was 6 man tribe limit, turning off unclaiming, adding 24 hour cooldown. A solo or duo server would require like ... hundreds of changes just to actually be playable. Nobody has really addressed these issues either.

11 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

OP: I'm guessing you mean a server where the tribe member # are super small, basically each tribe would be two people max, but you could still have tons of people playing on the server? 

I think they mean like small tribes but with only 2 max tribe limit.

WC could do more seasonal servers with something like this.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, Leinadarcher said:

A solo or duo server would require like ... hundreds of changes just to actually be playable.

Name three changes that would be unique to solo servers (in other words, changes that were already made for 6-person servers don't count), I'll bet you can't.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:37 AM, Leinadarcher said:

Nobody has really addressed these issues either.

1) Because those changes don't really exist (unless you can provide a valid list that's not full of silly "needed changes").

2) That's WildCard's job. Just like WildCard has control over making sure that changes for PvP & PvE work for those respective game modes. Just like WildCard has control over making sure that changes for 6-person servers are good for that game mode. Just like WildCard had control over making sure that the current game works properly with Classic mode. There's no way that WildCard would implement this without thinking about it first, while it's good for players to suggest solutions to potential problems for a single-player mode the players don't get to decide how the mode would be implemented. WildCard takes suggestions from players for every game mode, but there's no requirement that players have to address all of te possible issues in advance, because really WildCard will decide what changes, if any, are going to happen.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:52 AM, ThePryBar said:

Why that is dumb, ORP is dumb. 

Why does everybody want an offline turret increase, have you ever even tried to tank 100 turrets solo? Just leave it the same.

You think most solo/duo tribes gunna have 100 turrets on there base to defend? And I’ve actually soaked more than that solo. Offline raiding is too easy

The bullet ratio is also messed up. If a tribe was to grind just bullets in a day, I could soak all of it in a hour offline 

I too play solo on official servers, but as much as I like your idea, it isn’t necessary. I rarely get raided, because of 2 reasons. I get back up when my base and tames are destroyed, and I don’t put all my eggs in one basket. Don’t build on the beach. Build only out of stone and metal. Use fence foundations with stone walls on them to make your base look like stone. Build between 2 rocks in a forest. Good luck. 

On 4/1/2019 at 1:36 PM, Leinadarcher said:

I suppose certain things such as offline raiding, bosses, pvp balance etc. People will definitely be doing what a lot of people do in small tribes, with the 'teaming for bosses, teamviewer if a friend is getting raided, trading dino lines' all that kind of stuff. PVP is another story, being solo or duo will encourage kidnapping like no tomorrow. Find a base, wait for the player to leave the base to farm/do whatever, stun them or throw a narc grenade - can then go raid their base at leisure. I guess for me it comes across as promoting a game style which (without changes) puts enormous pressure/strain in IRL - 6 man was already stressful enough at times, let alone with 4-5 less people.

p.s. Yes, I already saw this list.

1) Offline raiding - no changes needed, either they allow offline raiding or they don't, just like every other form of PvP.

2) Bosses - the game already has a build in system for solo'ing bosses, nothing needs to be added or changed for this.

3) Team viewer & trading - those are already illegal on 6-person servers, and while it's true that WC would have to monitor solo servers to ban people for infractions of these rules that's not something that is new or a change, it's already something that happened when 6-person servers were introduced.

4) Kidnapping - yup, welcome to PvP. Clearly the consequences of being kidnapped are potentially more painful, but then it's also more painful for a 1 or 2 person tribe to keep people captive for extended periods of time. People will have to work harder at avoiding kidnap and at keeping victims sedated. But nothing about the game actually needs to be changed for that. If someone gets kidnapped or narc-grenaded when leaving their base then they're not being careful enough for PvP, obviously they needed better defenses.

5) People choose the amount of stress they want. PvP is massively stressful compared to PvP, small tribes are potentially more stressful than standard tribes, solo PvP is potentially more stressful than small tribes - but no one is being forced to play any of these. Maybe solo play would be too stressful for you (and yes, in case you're wondering it would be too stressful for me), but that's not a reason to argue against it. You have complete freedom to play the game mode that you prefer, if other people want to play a more stressful mode that's none of your business, and no one needs to justify to you why they want it.

Archived