graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

Suggestion

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Many of us have requested this many times. We would like to be able to turn off Bloom and Light Shafts from within the main options.

I vote for this as well

PSA: ARK caused my sons seizure? Hi all,  Let me start off this post by stating that this is in no way a hate or blame thread, but more of a PSA to the community and ARK Devs. I love ARK and

Posted Images

90 replies to this server topic

I joined the forums just for this. Yes this topic. The lighting on the PS4 is awful right before sunset or right after sunrise. Don't even get started on the glare coming through the trees in the redwoods. I love the game. And I'll still play it no matter what. But I just got a new television with HD, and oh my goodness did that make it super bad. The night sky is absolutely beautiful now, but... its hard to enjoy when I've got a blinding light induced headache.

@complexminded This is a topic that has been going on for years, can we have some feedback as to whether it is something that will be patched in. I know from my coding background and the fact that the commands already exist that it should be a quick fix, it is something I feel should just be added into the next patch or 2.

Failing that could we at least get the 

admincheat r.bloomquality 0

and 

admincheat r.lightshafts 0

to be permanent alterations to our games like

admincheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

I have only ever entered that last command once in single player and it has continued between sessions on my multiplayer official game since although I use setting 1 as I like a little clutter, I don't know how much it has improved my frame rates though but I feel it has made a slight difference.

Edited by WilliamMichell
  • Thanks 1

God yes freaking hell please!!!! This games glare is so bad. I understand how refraction works but even glare of the dirt ??? Come one the light is ridiculously crazy bad. Give us sunglasses or give us options to fix the bloom and light shafts. 

Sunglasses could be polymer crystal and black pearls but for god sakes we need to fix this. The glare and light in this game has been a problem since day one! 

Could we please, please, get this? Its not just a quality of life thing to improve the general gameplay experience on console but its also an accessibility issue as well. The bloom quality as it stands now can have serious implications on game playability for certain visual impairments, visual processing disorders, those with light sensitive conditions like migraines and possibly even photosensitive epilepsy, and for people on the Autism spectrum who have sensory issues around brightness and colour - I myself suffer with migraines that can be triggered by sudden bright light, I'm on the autism spectrum, and have a visual processing disorder and co can be quite painful to have a sudden burst of glare while I'm moving through the in-game world. An option to switch off bloom and light rays, or a slider to adjust it to personal preference, would be an ideal fix for this problem, and as it apparently is already in place for the PC version of the game it doesn't make much sense to me to not have this feature in console versions. 

Please can we have this added as a priority? Not just for the quality of life aspect but also to improve the game accessibility for all your players. 

Chiming back in because its been months and I haven't seen any difference in my game! Pretty much everyone I play with is sick of it and now we spend money every month and don't even play...hard to enjoy a game when you feel like your eyes will blow up after only 30 minutes, but its even harder to let all my stuff be deleted from not paying...

On 4/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, Lowly said:

Ok console we still do not have an option to disable bloom quality like the blinding Aberration element water glare and blinding reflection from metal. We must resort to laoding up single player, typing the "admincheat r.bloomquality 0" command then exiting and going about our normal play on which ever server we are going too, which adds about 5 minutes to the start of a gaming session

Us console players hear that pc has this in the menus and has for over a year.

I'd love a pc player to share there menu screen to show how many more settings they have then we do on consoles

ive heard of this but never found what you actually need to do. im going to try this tonight !

its an easy way to change the bloomquality and lightshafts.

1-go to local and start a singleplayer map

2-open Menu to get AdminCommandLine

3-Type following:

cheat stat fps

cheat r.bloomquality 0

cheat r.lightshafts 0   or    r.lightshaft 0

cheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

cheat r.shadowquality 0

and u will wee u get more FPS.

after This, go to any online server.

This works for me fine.

Hope i helped.

1 hour ago, FlasHizeD said:

its an easy way to change the bloomquality and lightshafts.

1-go to local and start a singleplayer map

2-open Menu to get AdminCommandLine

3-Type following:

cheat stat fps

cheat r.bloomquality 0

cheat r.lightshafts 0   or    r.lightshaft 0

cheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

cheat r.shadowquality 0

and u will wee u get more FPS.

after This, go to any online server.

This works for me fine.

Hope i helped.