graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

WilliamMichell

Suggestion

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, Piffguru said:

So which part doesnt work exactly? bringing up the admin command section or the code itself does nothing? on ps4 its L1+R1+X+triangle while in the pause menu on single player, should open up a section to type into on the pause menu. Type in the command as I put it in my last post and it should work. It wont give you any indication that its working other than the effect of things looking slightly different, there wont be like a confirmation that its working. I really dont see why this wouldnt work on ps4.

The code doesn't work for PS4. I had done some reading and looked into this method and apparently it used to work but no longer does, only for PS4. It seems to work fine for XBox users though. I go into host/local single player, access admin mode, type in the cheat commands, nothing happens or looks different. I am not sure why it is only PS4 that it does not work.

3 hours ago, Fukushu said:

@BearmainI suggest to tweet at some of the devs. None one of them ever write in this forum and I'm not even sure if they even read anything here. 

But they tweet all day, they tell us over their personal twitters about changes to the game and even respond to issues and requests, really amazing, I can only suggest tweeting them. :) 

I see, thanks for the heads up, I don't do or understand the Twitter space but it would greatly appreciated if someone could link this post to someone there if they have a spare minute ?

PSA: ARK caused my sons seizure?

(Edited Post; Removed segment with a setting recommendation so this thread can stay in General as a PSA and discussion board, rather than moved to a comment on someone elses thread like last time please)

Hi all, 

Let me start off this post by stating that this is in no way a hate or blame thread, but more of a PSA to the community and ARK Devs. I love ARK and have 4 copies (2x PS4 and 2xPC) for separate consoles and PC's within the house.

I have played ARK for years, as have other members of the family. I have spent most of my time on a rented server playing on PC. My son always watches me, he is 13, a real dinosaur enthusiast like I was as a child. So ARK had always captured our interest deeply, with countless hours spent into the game. 

A couple of weeks ago my son had been practically begging me to let him play, so I decided it might be an awesome idea and special treat, to rent him a PS4 server (so he can play on boosted settings/Creative etc.) at his own leisure. For a couple hours per night, he would play on his server in the living room and I would play on mine in the dining room not far from him. Lots of laughs and chats (and bragging) about the dino's we had tamed/killed etc. 

Unfortunately this only lasted a few days, when he was struck with a sudden epileptic seizure while playing. A very scary ordeal for us all. He is ok, but we do not let him play games until things are better understood. 

I noticed recently that the PS4 version was much brighter than my PC version, incredibly brighter. I went into the settings to turn off the bloom and light shafts but there was no option to do so. In some instances it was near impossible to look in any direction where the sun was as the whole screen became blindingly white. The snow area for instance is blinding from most angles if the sun is out, and not obstructed by clouds. The same effect is present when in the Aberration Trench in Valguero, or in a metal base with lights on or Light Pet effect active.

I have taken some screen shots comparing my PC version to the PS4 version, in the same locations at the same time. As blinding as a lot of the PS4 images are, I have seen it much worse, where the whole screen has become white. I have upload some comparisons to imgur as I am not sure how to bypass the 390kb size limit on this website. https://imgur.com/a/5pHkbuG

In my conclusion I am thinking it is possible with the high brightness levels of the PS4 version of the game, it may have led to the incident we went through, so I hope all of you can be a little more careful in playing this version. 

Thank you to all reading, thank you to ARK devs for making an enjoyable game, be safe out there. ?

General question for all reading, who else plays with their family? 

Regards,

Bearmain

6 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Look im certainly not dismissing what happened to your son but this isn't news or even PSA worthy its a warning label in every game manual if not the game itself.

Thanks for the comment and time mate, though my point of pointing it out is that it is quite sudden and unexpected, while warnings are on a lot of games (which I don't seem to see anymore on current games that I recall) it is not something that is actually considered by the player unless something like this happens. It is like T's and C's that people skip or mash X to get passed. I guess just that it can happen to any body with no prior symptoms or warning, and that it seems to be a bug on the PS4 specifically, that I felt it required a PSA notion. IMO of course. 

Ok console we still do not have an option to disable bloom quality like the blinding Aberration element water glare and blinding reflection from metal. We must resort to laoding up single player, typing the "admincheat r.bloomquality 0" command then exiting and going about our normal play on which ever server we are going too, which adds about 5 minutes to the start of a gaming session

Us console players hear that pc has this in the menus and has for over a year.

I'd love a pc player to share there menu screen to show how many more settings they have then we do on consoles

10 hours ago, GP said:

You might be interested to see this:

About time lol Now if they would acknowledge that the buff and debuff effects from yutys need a pass as well. 

A small icon would be better instead of a massive texture taking up the hole screen or what i want is just the dinos eyes to glow red or purple.

God yes freaking hell please!!!! This games glare is so bad. I understand how refraction works but even glare of the dirt ??? Come one the light is ridiculously crazy bad. Give us sunglasses or give us options to fix the bloom and light shafts. 

Sunglasses could be polymer crystal and black pearls but for god sakes we need to fix this. The glare and light in this game has been a problem since day one! 

11 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Most modern games can probably cause seizures, they just lack the warning labels.

I remember the seizure warning when installing Everquest several years ago.

I hope you and your family are well.

Several? I hope you feel as old as I do right now. Im going to guess 15+ years ago.

Everquest wasn't even my first MMO

Archived