graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

WilliamMichell

Suggestion

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 replies to this server topic

15 hours ago, Piffguru said:

You actually can turn off bloom and light shafts on xbox through console commands so I am assuming you can do the same on ps4. It requires turning them off each time you turn on the game tho as it will not save. You need to go into a single player world, open the admin console and type in r.bloomquality 0 and r.lightshafts 0 . might need to format it like this "admincheat r.bloomquality 0". After using these commands in single player you can then go into your multiplayer world and it will remain the same until you turn off the game, or it crashes lol. Hope that helps some

I had seen this also, but unfortunately the option is only available for use on xbox consoles and PC, the option is not available least for PS4 for some reason. Thank you though

1 hour ago, FlasHizeD said:

its an easy way to change the bloomquality and lightshafts.

1-go to local and start a singleplayer map

2-open Menu to get AdminCommandLine

3-Type following:

cheat stat fps

cheat r.bloomquality 0

cheat r.lightshafts 0   or    r.lightshaft 0

cheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

cheat r.shadowquality 0

and u will wee u get more FPS.

after This, go to any online server.

This works for me fine.

Hope i helped.

Does this work on PS4 or only Xbox?

Chiming back in because its been months and I haven't seen any difference in my game! Pretty much everyone I play with is sick of it and now we spend money every month and don't even play...hard to enjoy a game when you feel like your eyes will blow up after only 30 minutes, but its even harder to let all my stuff be deleted from not paying...

@complexminded This is a topic that has been going on for years, can we have some feedback as to whether it is something that will be patched in. I know from my coding background and the fact that the commands already exist that it should be a quick fix, it is something I feel should just be added into the next patch or 2.

Failing that could we at least get the 

admincheat r.bloomquality 0

and 

admincheat r.lightshafts 0

to be permanent alterations to our games like

admincheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

I have only ever entered that last command once in single player and it has continued between sessions on my multiplayer official game since although I use setting 1 as I like a little clutter, I don't know how much it has improved my frame rates though but I feel it has made a slight difference.

Ok, lightshafts and bloom quality are among the worst things about console, when flying up or at a certain angle, I can’t even see it is way too bright. I run and unofficial server and I can’t even edit the game.ini or gameusersettings.ini to fix it. It should just be added to the options menu. I know that lots want this just not that badly, but it would make a huge difference for most console players.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Most modern games can probably cause seizures, they just lack the warning labels.

I remember the seizure warning when installing Everquest several years ago.

I hope you and your family are well.

some games, even movies, still get a seizure warning slapped on them, but rule of thumb is any 3d game has the possibility to cause seizures.  multiple things play a part in it, not only the games / movies themselves but the screen refresh rate, even how lag effect the game / movie (i.e. flipping something into a fast forward effect due to lag).

5 hours ago, Bearmain said:

I noticed recently that the PS4 version was much brighter than my PC version, incredibly brighter.

most modern tv's have multiple settings in their menu for the display, I have mine setup with a 'game' preset, as well as a 'movie' preset where the brightness and contrast, as well as color levels are modified for my ps4 depending on if im using it to play a game or movie.  Not sure if thats helpful to you but thought i'd mention it, i've noticed alot of games are much brighter on the ps4 then on the pc.

sorry to hear your boy had a seizure while playing, hope all is well.

You actually can turn off bloom and light shafts on xbox through console commands so I am assuming you can do the same on ps4. It requires turning them off each time you turn on the game tho as it will not save. You need to go into a single player world, open the admin console and type in r.bloomquality 0 and r.lightshafts 0 . might need to format it like this "admincheat r.bloomquality 0". After using these commands in single player you can then go into your multiplayer world and it will remain the same until you turn off the game, or it crashes lol. Hope that helps some

I blame the framerate on consoles, mom says she gets kinda queezy when I start going high speed here and there and you can literally feel the poor graphics trying to keep up with my motions.
Here is to hoping next gen systems truly can deliver 60 fps.

Also am very sorry to hear this, I hope you guys get through it and hopefully it was a one off deal that can get sorted out. To think the entire entertainment industry, not just gaming, is headed towards a higher graphical animated and produced world mean the end of enjoyment from any digital production.
Truly I feel for you and your boy. Truly I do.

7 hours ago, Bearmain said:

I had seen this also, but unfortunately the option is only available for use on xbox consoles and PC, the option is not available least for PS4 for some reason. Thank you though

So which part doesnt work exactly? bringing up the admin command section or the code itself does nothing? on ps4 its L1+R1+X+triangle while in the pause menu on single player, should open up a section to type into on the pause menu. Type in the command as I put it in my last post and it should work. It wont give you any indication that its working other than the effect of things looking slightly different, there wont be like a confirmation that its working. I really dont see why this wouldnt work on ps4.

Archived