graphics Bloom & Light Shafts setting on Console

WilliamMichell

Suggestion

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 replies to this server topic

consoles are missing this option, flying in the general direction of the sun causes the entire screen so become white and makes traveling around the map at any altitude to become unnavigable

Again going to single player and using the code "admincheat r.lightshafts 0" disables this but adds time to the start of any play session and need to be done after every time the game crashes which is a lot at the moment on regular xboxs 

its an easy way to change the bloomquality and lightshafts.

1-go to local and start a singleplayer map

2-open Menu to get AdminCommandLine

3-Type following:

cheat stat fps

cheat r.bloomquality 0

cheat r.lightshafts 0   or    r.lightshaft 0

cheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

cheat r.shadowquality 0

and u will wee u get more FPS.

after This, go to any online server.

This works for me fine.

Hope i helped.

After researching how I can get rid off the bloom quality and other annoying graphic setting on ark ps4, I have come to the conclusion that I simply cannot.  Multiple videos show people on Xbox being able to change bloom quality and other settings to 0 and there are even people commenting that they have ps4’s and the admin commands work fine for them.  I also came across threads saying that the PS4 used to have these admin commands and they’ve been removed.  I’m not sure if someone in this thread already said that or not (I’ve gone through many threads in the last hour).  It’s just really frustrating that other systems are able to have these great quality of life modifications and we’re getting light shafted on PS4.458F20C200000578-0-image-a-35_1508638866

The Center is a joke. Lightning ? is bad and has a bug that makes it stay even when the storm ends. Then we have a fog that literally feels like a seizure test. 

I have had seizures in the past but I am in control of the problem. The developers have known of this but they ignore it because of so many other problems. To me it’s a problem that needs a look at. 

Fly in the fog on the center really brings the problem home. Even if you don’t suffer with seizures, it’s an attack on the eyes. Turn the fog off please as it does nothing but hurt eyes and cause problems. 

I have had it suggested to me that PS4 has or once had this setting already. Could any confirm our deny toys with screen shots of the options screen.

Also I used to play on the Windows 10 cross platform version of the game and can't remember if I changed the setting with the console command or if it had the option there so if someone could confirm that with a screen shot to please.

@complexminded aka Ced has confirmed that the Dev team are actively talking about this issue though so fingers crossed it won't be a long wait to get the fix.

Make sure to share this thread with your friends and followers, that way the Devs can see it as an important fix.

2 hours ago, WilliamMichell said:

It seems people are not looking through the existing suggestions and creating multiple of the same topic so here is a bump of my topic on this subject which already has many up votes and was the first of this topic added to the new suggestions forum yesterday.

I thought it might be better as single suggestions instead of a combine debut it gets my vote

i've always wondered whether the tek transmitters flickering would induce a seizure. I'm not epileptic, but have extreme sensitivity to flickering lights, and I often have to turn off transmitters when not using them because the strobing and the reflection on the walls is headache inducing. that and also the electrical outlets.. I have to stuff them inside false walls and under floors so I don't get a headache from the flickering.

This is totally not the point but you don’t have to rent a server to have your son have custom setting, he can use a single player which is free or one of you could host a non dedicated so you could play together both free, one thing non dedicated has a tether(distance you can go from the host player) and dosent let you play creative, I don’t believe.

@BearmainI suggest to tweet at some of the devs. None one of them ever write in this forum and I'm not even sure if they even read anything here. 

But they tweet all day, they tell us over their personal twitters about changes to the game and even respond to issues and requests, really amazing, I can only suggest tweeting them. :) 

16 hours ago, caleb68 said:

most modern tv's have multiple settings in their menu for the display, I have mine setup with a 'game' preset, as well as a 'movie' preset where the brightness and contrast, as well as color levels are modified for my ps4 depending on if im using it to play a game or movie.  Not sure if thats helpful to you but thought i'd mention it, i've noticed alot of games are much brighter on the ps4 then on the pc.

sorry to hear your boy had a seizure while playing, hope all is well.

I had a look at this as my TV is quite new and 4K etc, there's a game mode and multiple colour/brightness options but nothing seems to help it. Thank you for your help though!

Archived