Melcreif

Has anyone tried using higher tier kibble for lower tier tames?

Guest BubbaCrawfish

It also says this in the wiki itself...

Guest BubbaCrawfish
44 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Have you tried it to confirm it actually works?

Nah, I was just looking on the kibble pages perusing coincidentally as this thread came up.

If it's on those 2 areas (Patch notes and wiki) I'd hazard a guess they do work.  Would seem to be a bit wasteful though of the more 'difficult' kibbles though...

18 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Nah, I was just looking on the kibble pages perusing coincidentally as this thread came up.

If it's on those 2 areas (Patch notes and wiki) I'd hazard a guess they do work.  Would seem to be a bit wasteful though of the more 'difficult' kibbles though...

I don't disagree except in my situation where space is a luxury.  I'd rather give up a few owl eggs for kibble to tame a pteri instead of trying to make room for say a bunch of scorpions 🙂

Posted (edited)

If you have old kibble, you just take all you the different kibbles you have and toss them on the on you like to tame and hope for the best.

no matter what color it has, it isnt realy doing it, just tamed a pteran, use it choose the old bronto kibble "Edit:Yellow"and had max taming effiency.

just my experience.

Edited by kpc

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Whaa? If this is true doesnt it server the whole kibble progression moot?

Not really since it's the higher level kibbles with the same benefits of the lower kibbles and not the other way around.  I think assuming they are correct that this was an interesting decision by WC.

6 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Not really since it's the higher level kibbles with the same benefits of the lower kibbles and not the other way around.  I think assuming they are correct that this was an interesting decision by WC.

Yes it is interesting. Outside it 'being nice' for us players it does seem a tad out of place though. This whole kibble system is jarring imho. No progression or anything. 

2 minutes ago, Korizan said:

It does in a way make the Argy and Snow Owl 2 of the most useful tames in the game though 

Exactly the point. If I wanted to I could just have a Yuty farm and tame any dino in the game en masse with 0 worries. To me it seems like pre-flier nerf level of creativity. 

I like balance - even if it affect me personally I can see this being changed (with a lot of backlash from regular players)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Oh, well that's interesting.  I didn't realize they were actually allowing this situation for imprinting too. Thanks!

I have tried higher tier kibble for imprint on Extinction and it did NOT work.

Baby wanted simple augmented and I had just given superior augmented to a previous baby and still had it in hotbar. Did not work.

Edited by JSacra
  • Thanks 1