Has anyone tried using higher tier kibble for lower tier tames?

Melcreif

Guest BubbaCrawfish
44 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Have you tried it to confirm it actually works?

Nah, I was just looking on the kibble pages perusing coincidentally as this thread came up.

If it's on those 2 areas (Patch notes and wiki) I'd hazard a guess they do work.  Would seem to be a bit wasteful though of the more 'difficult' kibbles though...

18 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Nah, I was just looking on the kibble pages perusing coincidentally as this thread came up.

If it's on those 2 areas (Patch notes and wiki) I'd hazard a guess they do work.  Would seem to be a bit wasteful though of the more 'difficult' kibbles though...

I don't disagree except in my situation where space is a luxury.  I'd rather give up a few owl eggs for kibble to tame a pteri instead of trying to make room for say a bunch of scorpions ?

6 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Not really since it's the higher level kibbles with the same benefits of the lower kibbles and not the other way around.  I think assuming they are correct that this was an interesting decision by WC.

Yes it is interesting. Outside it 'being nice' for us players it does seem a tad out of place though. This whole kibble system is jarring imho. No progression or anything. 

2 minutes ago, Korizan said:

It does in a way make the Argy and Snow Owl 2 of the most useful tames in the game though 

Exactly the point. If I wanted to I could just have a Yuty farm and tame any dino in the game en masse with 0 worries. To me it seems like pre-flier nerf level of creativity. 

I like balance - even if it affect me personally I can see this being changed (with a lot of backlash from regular players)

5 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Oh, well that's interesting.  I didn't realize they were actually allowing this situation for imprinting too. Thanks!

I have tried higher tier kibble for imprint on Extinction and it did NOT work.

Baby wanted simple augmented and I had just given superior augmented to a previous baby and still had it in hotbar. Did not work.

Archived