Eviga

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to this topic.  As of June 4th of this year I received a response from a GM Albireo stating that I should post my comments or concerns in the forums for the community to see to help them grow.  (Super generic response).  My issue is with a company and their business model.  Their model is to capitalize on their core game as much as possible to Unicorn people of their money and profit from their half-assed antics.  As many professional reviewers have already said about PixARK; it is another pass off of their game to reach more of an audience.  If they would understand it isn't about reaching an audience, its about refining a game that actually has substance and making it available on what is currently already released before putting more money/staff into new projects; like PixARK or even the Nintendo Switch port (the version I currently play).  Its wonderful for a company to try to reach as many people they can, but the product should at least be finished first.

Nothing is more agitating than a company that does not listen to their player base over their own voice.  Lets be honest though.  ARK is not a blockbuster game and especially with the company behind it, NEVER will be.  Too many differences in version releases for any consistency to exist after the core game has been released.  I gave the game a good shot and had fun with it on Switch, but its dying fast. 

No Holiday Events coded in at optimal release time End of November 2018 - poor PR and Marketing team organization/staff

No Community Updates - Poor PR Staff, Management

No Advertisement

Nothing to get anyone playing newer versions of the core game excited as all these dinos have existed much longer on other consoles - Poor Company/Management Decisions

Allocation of profits towards a new release when the core release is failing - I honestly don't know where this would even fall on this spectrum?

Years of project management experience and I could not even begin to explain this company's/partners reason of thought on near 100% of anything done.  Stop releasing new things (dinos included) until all versions are adequately staffed or being adequately updated and you may have a decent game in your hands.  Try to do too much like they are doing and they are essentially running themselves into an early game.  Technology changes faster than games are made.  This isn't the way to make a game remembered unless the company wants it to be forgotten.  I'd be flabbergasted if anything actually came of ARK aside from a niche hit for some people that enjoy the grind.

In conclusion, there have been a lot of missed opportunities for this company and false promises, so to expect anything different would be insanity.

On 5/29/2019 at 3:55 AM, Aikar said:

No, I do. I fully understand WHY you are upset. You have every right to be. 

What I'm saying is all the posts contribute nothing to helping. WC KNOWS the Switch needs love. It's not like they are sitting there "Switch is great. Wait why are so many people complaining?"

The posts contribute nothing to Wildcard directly, but contribute to spam on the forums greatly. 

I'm not usually a social media person, but I kind of feel maybe Twitter is better place to vent to improve virality of your complaint?

Ya bud sure they totally care.Thats why the only mention of switch by devs or mods is either server removal or the fact ark is on switch.Oh well guess your definition is different from EVERYONE ELSES definition.

• 4 months later...

Archived