Eviga

They take away servers though. Listen I love Ark on Switch but the game I very much doubt is getting any better or getting dlc's.  I hope Im wrong because I do love the game, but Ive gone back to my PS4 version to enjoy some events, check out new maps, & try out structures plus. The kibble chart is also much more simple though Im not sure I like it. Ark on Switch seems to very much be a case of what you see is what you get. Thats unfortunate because features not withstanding, its my favorite version

Im playing single player on PS4 as their community online is more crowded & certainly more toxic. One of the reasons I love the switch is that its official servers are so unpopulated & those that are there (as I play PVE) are pretty nice.  Ironically the reason why I like it....that sparse population...is likely due to poor sales & a reason why support isnt there. Wildcards involvement & customer support on switch (at least when compared to other platforms its involved with) isnt just terrible...its non existant

It makes me sad to say this as I do love the game & the switch...but its been abandoned 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I KNOW RIGHT!!! THIS IS WHAT I TYPED!!!"I have a serious problem with this. Number one is that on your website there is nothing for nintendo switch support ;-;, and also the big problem is controls. You people have really done bad on the controls, whether its the menu or much other things. WE REALLY NEED for the nintendo switches option to have a controls section. WE NEED to be able to change our controls!!! Just like every other system we need to be able to flexuate on our controls and other aspects so PLEASE DO THIS! it is so important and will get many people back to the game including me."

I agree that something needs to be done for the Switch and also that they don't care. I eventually got a refund on my Switch version even after having the game for a little over two months because of all the issues, mainly bugs and poop servers causing DC's constantly. I spoke to a supervisor, explained the issues and funny thing is the supervisor had PLAYED Ark before and knew exactly what I was talking about. I heard the team that actually ported the game was seeking funding from WildCard to fix the issues due to WildCard's rushing the game out btu were denied and are supposedly seeking crowd funding. And if that's true I might get the game again, but until then there's no chance in Hell. Personally the graphics to me were okay. Not top notch, but okay. The issues that got me were like I said the bugs, ones which cause dinos to vanish, and the server DCs that also caused poop to died or me to die, etc. Another issue was the server populations of the places I had tried playing. Toxic as raptor, people spawn trapping, pillaring entire areas, and people trying to kite things to kill me or destroy my stuff. And that was all in PVE. Never touched PVP given the type of game this is. What I'd like to see is bugs fixed, Switch port given the DLC, better servers and Private Servers so that I can play with friends without assholes ruining things. But given how this company is I highly doubt that'd ever happen for Switch.

On 4/26/2019 at 1:25 AM, Kioku said:

0 updates since release day. It's unplayable. Why does sub forum for switch even exist if nothing is going on?

There have been two patches since release.  A day one patch (v599), and a second one shortly after (v600, December 18).  Unfortunately there are no notes for what the first one did and fairly ambiguous notes for the second, and neither really did all that much to help the game.

Don't take this to mean that I'm defending the current situation, though.  Just that hyperbole doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...

so i heard that the people that ported ark to switch is trying to get in touch with studio wildcard to fix the game and what do they do? hide from it. you could at least respond to them cmon wildcard this is childish. cant nintendo file a lawsuit against this? cuz im pretty sure they should be able to. wow what a nice game company right? always care about their fans. im pretty sure they pay youtubers to say that the game is getting better. honestly that would not suprise me at all. and if they take this comment down ill legit burn my copy of ark on switch.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:16 AM, Eviga said:

Ok, so you dont have any proof. Everything just your opinion. 

Thanks!

Oh sure proof totally matters cough doesn't cough.Switch is on the  version from December.The update that did absolutely nothing.Look at the wiki its been the same and we don’t even have different maps.Half the free to play games are better.For a game that costs money to play its kind of pathetic that some people in thr community tries to defend this piece of garbage.Only pc version is good.Console doesn’t even get mods.

ps if you are that person who can’t see 5m in front of you without your glasses thats what switch on ark looks like.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:59 AM, Eviga said:

Do you have any proof that servers have been deleted? 

Servers are getting more and more players. Not in the opposite way. 

The interest of players is there and the game appeared in the charts on the e shop. I dont think that sales are that bad. Or do you have a source of confirmed sales numbers?

I guess not. So all you just posted are allegations.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:16 AM, Eviga said:

Ok, so you dont have any proof. Everything just your opinion. 

Thanks!

Here is your mucking proof from a post

-Below is a list of servers that will be removed on March 4th. You have from now until 1:00pm EST on the 4th to move your belongings onto a server not present on this list. More details about this removal are included in Community Crunch #169.

EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland100
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland4
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland55
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland61
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland64
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland85
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland91
EU-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland97
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland101
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland56
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland57
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland59
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland60
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland62
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland63
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland65
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland66
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland69
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland71
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland75
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland77
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland78
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland84
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland86
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland87
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland89
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland90
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland93
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland95
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland96
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland98
EU-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland99
NA-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland19
NA-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland22
NA-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland25
NA-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland37
NA-PVE-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland46
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland14
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland17
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland18
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland20
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland21
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland23
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland26
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland29
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland3
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland32
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland33
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland39
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland41
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland42
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland47
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland48
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland6
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland8
NA-PVP-SwitchOfficial-TheIsland9

Why should Switch Ark players buy anything else WildCard produces?

With their seeming complete lack of support and communication for Switch players, why should any of us buy anything else they produce? They’ve got pixark coming to the Switch, and Atlas, etc, on the PC. But if they treat us this poorly, why would anyone think they aren’t just gonna treat us the same with their other products? Their lack of response is really poisoning their entire brand with Switch players.

For christ sakes when are we going to hear the damn slightest thing about Ark on Nintendo Switch. It's ridiculous. You can't even give a decent reply on anything to do with the platform at all. We have all paid full price like every other person playing and I can honestly say I think every single person playing Ark on switch right now loves the game but literally feel we are being robbed by a bunch of thieves. When in all honesty all we need is a raptoring crumb of info. Are you doing anything at all or is the damn thing abandoned. Atleast give the people some hope, even if it was a year before anything would happen it would be nice to atleast have some damn faith in a game you love. If you're not doing anything at all give me the damn respect and tell me "hey sorry this is all you get" so I can move to another platform and start the countless hours I've put into the game already over again. Sitting here playing a game that was supposed to be fixed and patched and dlc within a year and you barely even update the servers. Give us the damn respect we deserve or go on ignoring us and prove to every single person that plays this game that the rumors are true. No reply will prove to me that this company has no problem robbing people. Thanks, have a great day!

On 5/17/2019 at 11:33 PM, Scrizz77 said:

For christ sakes when are we going to hear the damn slightest thing about Ark on Nintendo Switch. It's ridiculous. You can't even give a decent reply on anything to do with the platform at all. We have all paid full price like every other person playing and I can honestly say I think every single person playing Ark on switch right now loves the game but literally feel we are being robbed by a bunch of thieves. When in all honesty all we need is a raptoring crumb of info. Are you doing anything at all or is the damn thing abandoned. Atleast give the people some hope, even if it was a year before anything would happen it would be nice to atleast have some damn faith in a game you love. If you're not doing anything at all give me the damn respect and tell me "hey sorry this is all you get" so I can move to another platform and start the countless hours I've put into the game already over again. Sitting here playing a game that was supposed to be fixed and patched and dlc within a year and you barely even update the servers. Give us the damn respect we deserve or go on ignoring us and prove to every single person that plays this game that the rumors are true. No reply will prove to me that this company has no problem robbing people. Thanks, have a great day!

Never? They abandon this game on switch and yes... hey sorry this is all you get. WC: we take your money so **** off :P

This forum is dead. Developers don't answer here. Maybe start reporting this to Nintendo directly? Maybe Nintendo have some power to force this ***** company to work!

8 hours ago, Maverick81PL said:

Never? They abandon this game on switch and yes... hey sorry this is all you get. WC: we take your money so **** off :P

This forum is dead. Developers don't answer here. Maybe start reporting this to Nintendo directly? Maybe Nintendo have some power to force this ***** company to work!

Honestly dude I've posted this all over the damn place... I've messaged the devs social medias... its literally robbery lol... it's sad because I love the game so much but why would I buy another platform and support a company that robbed me lol... not to mention why would I buy a single thing from this developer lol... and I'm not the only one that feels this way and its slowly pouring into PC xbox and ps4 with them focusing on mobile more then all of us... it's sad... check out blizzard e3 release of their mobile game and see the reaction... WC will edventually kill their fan base

Hi! This comment is about the COMMUNITY CRUNCH. I read every COMMUNITY CRUNCH. I always hope there will be something in the next COMMUNITY CRUNCH involving the switch version of your game. But there never is. Do you guys think you could mention the future of that version in the next COMMUNITY CRUNCH? Even if you don’t have anything specific to release just mentioning the most general plan or lack thereof for that version in the COMMUNITY CRUNCH would help dispel many negative rumors about that version of your game.  I appreciate all the info you guys share in the COMMUNITY CRUNCH.

4 hours ago, Willistor87 said:

WC cares so much about the Switch version, that they delete comments asking why there is no mention on the Switch version.

Kudos WC on your outstanding customer service!

I don't blame them. I know i'm sick of hearing about people asking about the Switch version. Every news post doesn't need to mention every platform. 

I am also a non PC player. I accept we don't get stuff first. 

Spamming forums about switch (and you don't see it nowhere near as much as Xbox/PS4 or even mobile) is just annoying.

1 hour ago, Aikar said:

I don't blame them. I know i'm sick of hearing about people asking about the Switch version. Every news post doesn't need to mention every platform. 

Spamming forums about switch (and you don't see it nowhere near as much as Xbox/PS4 or even mobile) is just annoying.

Says the guy with access to all the main maps and much of the dlc who’s platform gets mentioned every other crunch to the guy with 1 map and no dlc who’s platform never gets mentioned. Thanks for the support bud. You’ve got yours now everybody else shut up already.

We’re gonna continue to talk about it till wild card responds.

13 hours ago, Aikar said:

You seriously don't understand what they've done with the Switch version, do you? They haven't gotten any updates outside of the initial release patches. Zero, zilch, nada. The only time you see it acknowledged is when they are removing official servers. Abstraction wants to fix it, but WC wont even respond to them.

This isn't merely "they didn't get 1 or 2 features and are whining", they have legitimately gotten nothing since release... If I'm not mistaken, they don't even get the holiday events.

Switch was purely a cash grab, and they don't want to own up to it, so yes, people are pissed off.

Hate to see this modding when you haven't even ported over all of ur game to switch yet, I stopped playing switchable long time ago because you blatantly disrespect it's players by ignoring them, I honestly expect more from a company that promised so much for the switch, and a port isn't even difficult it's just new maps now...

5 hours ago, Ironiczeus said:

Hate to see this modding when you haven't even ported over all of ur game to switch yet, I stopped playing switchable long time ago because you blatantly disrespect it's players by ignoring them, I honestly expect more from a company that promised so much for the switch, and a port isn't even difficult it's just new maps now...

Yea it's getting to be pretty bullpoop... well with meshers and game crashes they are bound to lose most players and they will just fully abandon it and close servers... I truthfully believe it's just become a game of waiting for us all to quit so they dont have to drop the ball... horrible customer service.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, Aikar said:

Lol you don't have a F**kin clue do you?

8 hours ago, Scrizz77 said:

Lol you don't have a F**kin clue do you?

No, I do. I fully understand WHY you are upset. You have every right to be. 

What I'm saying is all the posts contribute nothing to helping. WC KNOWS the Switch needs love. It's not like they are sitting there "Switch is great. Wait why are so many people complaining?"

The posts contribute nothing to Wildcard directly, but contribute to spam on the forums greatly. 

I'm not usually a social media person, but I kind of feel maybe Twitter is better place to vent to improve virality of your complaint?

Archived