Eviga

Hi guys,

long Story short we all know theres not a tsunami of Information about Ark on Nintendo Switch. But i reached out to Abstraction Games, and heres what they said. At least they answered and see we are out there. But as it always was: Wildcard is asleep. 

Heres the Quote:

“Hi Thorsten,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

We are working on all console versions, including ARK Switch. We do not however have any control over when new patches will be released as Studio Wildcard controls that process 100% and sends instructions our way as they see fit. Basically, we’re in the same boat as the community as far as information is concerned. That said, our idea is to vastly improve the Switch version over time. We just don’t know when we are able to put the bulk of our resources on either platform. I guess this is still just a case of waiting for Wildcard to broadcast their plans or release date commitment.

DLC was planned for Switch, but honestly I don’t know where that sits right now. I’ve been trying to get a hold of Wildcard management for weeks but there has been radio silence for a while. I’m sure at some point they’ll be in touch again after a period of being overwhelmed on their end is my best guess.

Cheers,

Ralph

Abstraction“

Bottom Line is that Wildcard does not even respond to a freaking developer that they paid for porting their game. Thats probably the most sad company I have ever seen.

But there is hope because the Support is not canceled. 

Just wanted to share this since no one has any word on the Switch Version.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good info and it kind of is bad that wildcard is not responding to a paid developer. But remember wildcard has a lot of patches to work on, s+, bug fixes, etc. They also need to figure out what is causing it and look at comments by us to help them do that. It can put them under a lot of pressure and stress and remember there trying to get patches out on about 5 different programs/consols. It can be a hard thing to deal with so that could be a problem why they have not responded to the developer and it could also be why consoles are a few bug fixes behind.

5 hours ago, Maverick81PL said:

wildcard don't care about switch version. Servers are empty. Some of them just been deleted from switch. Game is terrible on switch. Also implemented patch is from 2 years ago when beta been exist on pc. Don't mention about sales... 

Do you have any proof that servers have been deleted? 

Servers are getting more and more players. Not in the opposite way. 

The interest of players is there and the game appeared in the charts on the e shop. I dont think that sales are that bad. Or do you have a source of confirmed sales numbers?

I guess not. So all you just posted are allegations.

11 minutes ago, Eviga said:

Do you have any proof that servers have been deleted? 

Servers are getting more and more players. Not in the opposite way. 

The interest of players is there and the game appeared in the charts on the e shop. I dont think that sales are that bad. Or do you have a source of confirmed sales numbers?

I guess not. So all you just posted are allegations.

Believe in fairy if you want. True is that this game is terrible on switch. Its waste of money!

And YES I'm huge fan of ARK. On PC I have 900h+ I finish all entire game twice, extinction included. 

On Switch is murderous experience for players. Its worst working and looking game on Switch. Its true! 

Hope PIXARK will work and look better than this on Switch.

3 hours ago, Maverick81PL said:

Believe in fairy if you want. True is that this game is terrible on switch. Its waste of money!

And YES I'm huge fan of ARK. On PC I have 900h+ I finish all entire game twice, extinction included. 

On Switch is murderous experience for players. Its worst working and looking game on Switch. Its true! 

Hope PIXARK will work and look better than this on Switch.

Ok, so you dont have any proof. Everything just your opinion. 

Thanks!

So in 3 months time I  have a third of that PC players game time on my Switch already....closing in on 300 hours. Somethings worth is determined by the individual judging it & hardly true across the board for everyone. I enjoy playing the game on my Switch a great deal. Its not perfect, but even with owning the game on various formats (my PS4 version even has the season pass) Ive played more on the Switch. It could be the portability....but I have the free phone version as well. I think I enjoy button controls, the larger portable screen & the less established, less crowded public servers. For me personally, its worth the money spent.

Theres nothing wrong in thinking the games a waste of money or finding it great. Opinions vary but I dont understand the need to champion it & "convert" people . Its a game..in my case I either play it & enjoy it or maybe complain once or twice & then move on to something I do enjoy. I dont argue merits with folks who have polar opposte, hardline opinions over & over. Nothing to gain there but levels of frustration.

I played ark on many platforms. PC, xbox, mobile and now on nintendo.

I will only talk about the last mentioned, just say that they are all a disaster.

But the version of nintendo? 4 months later and want to make us lose all the time invested?
They know how the game is, if we move from server to server, we will have no place to build. I have a base with more than 150 defenses (distributed) many hangars, many dinosaurs, and they want me to take everything to a server where I do not know their population and they kill me everything?

You are thieves! We have paid more than in the other versions and we are ignored, and not only that, now they want to take us away.

It should be reported that in just 4 months they can do this to us. Nintendo should not allow this.

I played ark on many platforms. PC, xbox, mobile and now on nintendo.

I will only talk about the last mentioned, just say that they are all a disaster.

But the version of nintendo? 4 months later and want to make us lose all the time invested?
They know how the game is, if we move from server to server, we will have no place to build. I have a base with more than 150 defenses (distributed) many hangars, many dinosaurs, and they want me to take everything to a server where I do not know their population and they kill me everything?

You are thieves! We have paid more than in the other versions and we are ignored, and not only that, now they want to take us away.

It should be reported that in just 4 months they can do this to us. Nintendo should not allow this.

• 1 month later...

Dear Team

Why did anyone here purchase ark switch? cause we love ark and we love to play it on the and tv, yes myself I have a ps4 pro which does a amazing job at ark but the switch version just has a magic that you guys can fix I don't know what your teams issue is with funding the fix for switch did you not forget that we paid for the game ?

Please look into this and fix the game the switch version deserves fixes

This port is never getting fixed at this point.  What WC has refused to admit is that it has been abandoned.  Why have you ignored Abstractions request to let them patch the game Wildcard?  Where is the DLC that was promised?  I don’t know how many consumers actually got duped into buying this game under false promises, but you owe any of us dumb enough to buy this port at least an explanation as to why you have made zero attempts to support it.  I have tagged a few media outlets in my last futile tweets to maybe get at least a little attention to this ruse Wildcard pulled.   Ive tried a few dozen times to get an answer from Abstraction but thier hand are tied with some pr bs.  I advise that no one purchase this port unless you understand you are buying an overpriced game and you are getting The Island only.  

Im close to 500 hours on Switch & have fun with it despite its faults so no regrets for me. Im actually kinda nervous to go back to my PS4 version but since Ive fallen in with a good tribe on a nice server (play PVE) on Switch, I doubt Ill be going back to my PS4 version soon. Hopefully by the time I do the bugs will all be squashed

I think it's pretty funny to see that people actually enjoy ARK on the Switch and think it's the best thing ever. Wildcard only really cares about the PC development of the game. But you are right, the vault drop "fix" was rough. I wouldn't expect anything like DLC to be coming to the Switch port of the game. It's a waste of time and money right now, and I cannot believe it's also 60 dollars (All platforms are actually 60 dollars, with the exception of Steam, where it's 50, meaning they pay LESS for a better version of the game, and get more content out of it because of mods.) I generally don't think Ark on consoles would have happened if it wasn't for the high demand and people begging for it to happen. ARK was never designed to run on consoles, and will never perform or look well without tons of work from Wildcard.

I payed 30 bucks for the cart at gamestop after buying it digital for 60. It took up so much damn room on the memory card. My PS4 was digital & ran me 40. Like all things theres deals to be found. Id like to run it on PC again but cant be arsed to get a decent set up & portability with a gaming lap top isnt in the budget when you have a child getting ready for college. Also much easier to drop & dock it on the big screen & I just prefer console over PC. Set it forget it. No updates or card swaps or setting shennigans. When I want to play I want to play, not optimize this, tweak, that & accidentally screw up something making it unplayable or corrupted. Its also nice not losing characters youve spent hundreds/ thousands of hours on.

I like Ark on the Switch. My computer is old and the graphics would probably be worse to be frank. Connected to the TV mines pretty decent. I've not had a single bug, though I don't play Online. It's a big game to run on a tiny console but I like the fact it's portable. I would love if they kept up on it with DLC and such but for the price, I know I'm getting an enjoyable game. I spent the same on this as I did on Zelda and have enjoyed playing it much, much more. 

As for graphics, I've been browsing forums for cool colored Dinos and I've seen people running it with way worse resolution than what the Switch has. 

• 2 weeks later...

To Studio WildCard, quit ignoring the Nintendo switch port and fan base. This is ridiculous for over 5 months of silence about anything of the maps. I demand for you to speak about the Switch port and I understand that you are a busy company but releasing a unfinished product is just scummy and not saying anything of new updates too. I put it over 700 hours on the Switch port of Ark and this is getting ridiculous of how there is been silence for months about the matter of maps or new patches. I know that you possibly are working on the maps since all of the dinos from the DLCs are in the games files since you can spawn a Griffin in game. If you ever wanted to do this yourself, have admin commands on in single player or non dedicated and type in the code gmsummon “Griffin_Character_BP_C” (You put here what level you want it to be) and it spawns in. It is a fully function Griffin also. WildCard, everyone in the Switch community is demanding a response back to your fans of any new updates about this switch port. You as a company not even giving updates and leaving this like if it never became a port is extremely disrespectful to the Switch community. This is. And you promising maps and not even releasing them for over five months now is ridiculous. You need to get your act together WildCard. Stop spending your time on the other consoles and fix the biggest issue you have right now and that is the Switch port. Coming from a PC player and a Console player, I honestly played the Switch version of Ark more than the PC version and this is a great idea for Ark on this platform but it is an unfinished product that you haven’t even addressed to fixing. If you ever expect your fans to buy your games or DLCs in the future, it’s best to fix this port because this port would be almost as popular as the PC port if it had its maps and the glitches and optimization issues fixed. We all want the maps already and it doesn’t take this long to optimize a few maps. Any one reading this post, please share it and repost and demand that Wildcard will respond and fix this switch port. If they don’t do it, this will show even more of a scummy company they can get if they don’t fix this. 

Archived